Lolcow Aaron Fechter - Delusional inventor, animatronic daddy, racist jew

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Of all the crappy things he sells and overcharges for, this thing pisses me off the most. There's more advertising copy about it on his main web page (which looks like absolute shit on mobile, natch). He talks about selling this to kids and educational institutions as a learning tool.

View attachment 1534939
View attachment 1534940
View attachment 1534941

In terms of technology this is stone age level bullshit. The types of pneumatic valves used in animatronics are controlled by electrical current. They have two states, open when the current is applied and closed when it's off. Smaller or mobile animatronics use servos. All that matters is whether there's power or not.

Tone generators were necessary when the storage medium was analog and the controller had to listen on specific places on the physical tape to know when to send the current to each individual valve, but those days are long gone. No one needs to do that anymore. The audio and signals are digital now. All of that shit is now done in software with files that contain the audio and signals. All you need is the electronics part to communicate with the computer and send the current.

He's selling this antiquated piece of crap kit that is built on an outdated way of doing things that no longer applies. And he's selling it as an educational tool to help people learn animatronics for a thousand fucking dollars.
I remember this shit from like almost a decade and a half ago from YouTube. He's still selling this outdated nightmare? That's utterly pathetic.

Also looking at that Deadpool video, why does the animatronic for him look so much stiffer to the point of being broken down than the Fats and Billy Bob accompanying him?

Caitty Fanny Pack

kiwifarms.net
Thanks for having me Kiwis, I look forward to sharing what I have to say on Fechter :)

How many of that group are people who worked for him back in the Creative Engineering days by any chance?
I am not familiar with any of the employees aside from the voice actors so as far as I know, no. However, there is one former employee of Fechter's that I knew of who is part of the mafia. The group I pay visits to and hang out with. You can find him Instagram @dsfrobots

There is a facebook group (which is currently run by Fechter) that I think you'll be interested in. It has several of the voice actors there and former showbiz pizza employees. I will go into detail about this group in a day or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Carlton

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember this shit from like almost a decade and a half ago from YouTube. He's still selling this outdated nightmare? That's utterly pathetic.

Also looking at that Deadpool video, why does the animatronic for him look so much stiffer to the point of being broken down than the Fats and Billy Bob accompanying him?
Given the time he probably had to refigure equipment for a Dead Pool character for a convention promo, and how he prioritizes things at his own pace and whims, I’d guess he couldn’t pull off a new character all by himself in a few months.

There’s a chance the client wanted a really stiff and hackney moving version of Dead Pool for exaggerated effect, but I think the former is far more likely.

heavycream

kiwifarms.net
Given the time he probably had to refigure equipment for a Dead Pool character for a convention promo, and how he prioritizes things at his own pace and whims, I’d guess he couldn’t pull off a new character all by himself in a few months.

There’s a chance the client wanted a really stiff and hackney moving version of Dead Pool for exaggerated effect, but I think the former is far more likely.
Aaron/CEI is not responsible for the Deadpool animatronic. He didn't build it; they just requested the RAE robots as a back up. He did nothing but bring them and make the new cosmetics for them.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Aaron/CEI is not responsible for the Deadpool animatronic. He didn't build it; they just requested the RAE robots as a back up. He did nothing but bring them and make the new cosmetics for them.
Makes sense. Given what a well known loon he is I’m shocked they even were willing to try and get RAE robots from him given the chances of it blowing up in their faces right before the convention. I believe he mentioned the company sent someone down to his warehouse so I bet that was as good as a tard wrangler to ensure the RAE robots actually got delivered because they absolutely did not trust him.

His behavior upon arrival at the con showed exactly why it was a risky bet to make. I bet they paid a 50% deposit and Aaron would forfeit the rest of the payment if he misbehaved or didn’t keep his mouth shut until after the convention. They had to ensure they had a big stick to keep him in line till it was over and I can only think it was money.

I’d love to read the contact they drew up to deal with his crazy ass.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Now I have to wonder who made the Deadpool animatronic and whether or not Aaron was unhappy with it.

• Agree
Reactions: Tha Promblems

The Grimace

Normal words, but a purple guy!
kiwifarms.net
This thread is hilarious and has such promise. Were all of our top researchers furloughed or what? I can well imagine this homo showing up ITT if we do it right.
Just have to wait and see if any of the autistic 12 year old rockafire fans find it and then tell him. He definitely KNOWS kiwi exists and posted on a different thread years ago

Caitty Fanny Pack

kiwifarms.net
Just have to wait and see if any of the autistic 12 year old rockafire fans find it and then tell him.

I dread that but at the same time look forward to it to see the great Fechter meltdown of biblical proportions that ensures. Maybe he'll send Null a lolsuit to take this thread down and then we can laugh about the suit after nothing happens. Fechter has no power here.

Last edited:

penelope shitstop

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pretty eye opening thread. A lot of other places always treat him as some animatronic god downtrodden by the evil corporation, destined to rise to glory one day again. Though now it's quite apparent who controls that narrative given how much Aaron seems to obsessively hover over the fandom.
I'm curious though, were exact numbers ever given in regards to how much Aaron wanted SPT to pay to get RAE?

kevintheguy0

kiwifarms.net
Rock-afired for Coin * "Sort It Out"

Sometimes I forget this thread exists - until I'm reminded of Fechter's dumbassedness.
Here he has programmed the RAE for a new indie band, Coin, and an actually cool song. But notice how the characters receive a thank you at the end, not Aaron (he doesn't deserve one anyway) Scroll to the comments, where one fan asks "Why didn't Aaron get a mention" and he responds with "That's what I was wondering"...

In regards to an earlier comment, the Deadpool animatronic that appeared at San Diego Comic-Con was built by Jim Henson's Creature Shop. Aaron threw a fit when a newspaper wrote an article about the appearance and mentioned this fact, whilst leaving out his godliness (blegh). I believe it was meant to be jerky, but that didn't stop Aaron from saying that those "kids in Los Angeles don't know how to do it right" or something to that effect.

During the documentary, he mentions that Gene Cramm (an SPT executive at the time) didn't offer him a "plug nickel" for the copyrights to the RAE. Knowing what we know, Aaron wouldn't have accepted this offer. In 1987, CEI's Bandwagon to Higher Profits says that a complete Rock-afire show free-on-board from Orlando costs $125000 with additional showtapes costing $500 each. With the financial situation SPT had already been in, even if they were to offer any monetary amount to try and sell out Fechter, it's very safe to say that he wouldn't have been pleased with it.

SPT had no option.

The Rock-afire Explosion Simulator (Youtube)
The Rock-afire Explosion Simulator (Kickstarter)

Hold on to your hats..
A young gentleman named Ryan has established a Kickstarter project for something called the Rock-afire Explosion Simulator. What is this project, you may ask: virtual Rock-afire performance venue, complete with your favorite showtapes, with a new studio function to import your own MP3 files and program a REAL Rock-afire show! And see the real deal perform right before your eyes if you come on a CEI tour. All 100% licensed and permitted by Aaron himself.

Go figure this one...The goal appears to be $27350 with $1000 portioned for "legal". And as per Kickstarter's rules, there is a software prototype available for demonstration and there's a couple of videos up already. The final backing price for the finished software appears to be $30. They say Aaron is working with them every step of the way to make the process authentic as it can be.

I'm just so confused...such a change of heart!

Caitty Fanny Pack

kiwifarms.net

Hold on to your hats..
A young gentleman named Ryan has established a Kickstarter project for something called the Rock-afire Explosion Simulator. What is this project, you may ask: virtual Rock-afire performance venue, complete with your favorite showtapes, with a new studio function to import your own MP3 files and program a REAL Rock-afire show! And see the real deal perform right before your eyes if you come on a CEI tour. All 100% licensed and permitted by Aaron himself.

Go figure this one...The goal appears to be $27350 with $1000 portioned for "legal". And as per Kickstarter's rules, there is a software prototype available for demonstration and there's a couple of videos up already. The final backing price for the finished software appears to be $30. They say Aaron is working with them every step of the way to make the process authentic as it can be.

This is very interesting. However knowing Fechter, there is bound to be a catch. I bet all blue boxes users and cOpYrIgHt "thieves" would be excluded from getting access to this software. Not only that, Fechter will likely charge an eye watering fee to license this to someone. I don't believe this newfound change of heart of Fechter's isn't going to last long. Before you know it he will be back to crying obsessively over his cOpYrIgHtz and filing cOpYrIgHt strikes and lolsuits to anyone who dares to envision or share their own show tape. As we all know, Fechter is somebody no one should EVER work with and working with him is a huge mistake. As I've come to learn. Fechter will never truly change, he will always be a cow.

Tune into the comment section under Aaron's video ya'll it's about to be a firestorm.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 6.13.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 6.13.52 PM.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 6.04.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 6.04.07 PM.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 5.53.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 5.53.34 PM.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 6.33.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 6.33.15 PM.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

The Grimace

kiwifarms.net

Hold on to your hats..

Interesting idea, 30 dollars does seem a bit too reasonable compared to the shit Aaron would sell those actual pneumatic kits for though. Considering how old all the bots are at this point and less and less replacement parts available, this has a lot of potential. But it's also so niche, would they really be able to get all the money together?

kevintheguy0

kiwifarms.net
$27000 is a lot to ask even for other projects with more mainstream appeal... I don't think it will end up happening, but it's the principle.

Maybe Aaron knows that as well, and that's the whole reason he signed on. Hey, we aren't saying he's completely dumb in this thread. However another part of me thinks Aaron would hope his "loyal" fans would fund the whole thing - and I guarantee he wrote in a clause for at least a quarter of the profits. We'll have to see how this plays out.

Edit: Looking at the comments, it seems that an independent developer had created a similar concept game this summer (in continual development) called Rock-afire Replay. That seems to be what the people in the comments are referring to...and take a look: Dance Contest

Looks kickass. An independent source posted that the developer is an 18 year-old going to school for video game development and this is an ongoing project. He's also making no money off of it for that matter. Aaron has taken a different approach however, offering that developer a place on the team for the new product by "making a deal"...He still maintained "You must understand that your use of the copyrights, the characters, and trademarks is prohibited without my permission...It appears a lot of people are anticipating our ending up in an adversarial relationship."

Last edited:

Rockafire Ass Explosion

Diharrea Saipian
kiwifarms.net
The GoFundMe hasn't even hit $1,000 yet. The children he relies on to pay his bills don't have extra money after paying for his premium service. The creator, Ryan Hayes of Hayes Games also uploaded the video on his newly created channel. I saw he got a ton of hate in the comments so he re-uploaded the video but has now just deleted his channel.

I would expext this creation to end up being a scam where you create stuff but Aaron takes ownership of it. The fact that all rewards require for the project to be completed shows it's just for his hardcore fans.

https://youtu.be/3WLIHOvIluY

Apparently the man in this video, who seems special, did an unboxing of a doll and is now being sued by Aaron Fechter because he refuses to return it.

The Grimace

kiwifarms.net
https://youtu.be/3WLIHOvIluY

Apparently the man in this video, who seems special, did an unboxing of a doll and is now being sued by Aaron Fechter because he refuses to return it.
Did he borrow/buy it from Aaron? Because I'm pretty sure Budsie and the Carpetbagger himself have more say than Aaron does. I think it's Budsies anyway, the Rockafire ones were and the price was the same. Also, I have my doubts Aaron is actually suing? Maybe threatening to. I've had multiple people tell me Aaron doesn't have the money for legal stuff anymore

Reactions: heavycream

Rockafire Ass Explosion

Diharrea Saipian
kiwifarms.net
Did he borrow/buy it from Aaron? Because I'm pretty sure Budsie and the Carpetbagger himself have more say than Aaron does. I think it's Budsies anyway, the Rockafire ones were and the price was the same. Also, I have my doubts Aaron is actually suing? Maybe threatening to. I've had multiple people tell me Aaron doesn't have the money for legal stuff anymore
I agree, I doubt he has money for legal actions of any real substance. Aaron was selling the dolls on eBay. I believe he was charging $125 a piece so he never sold more than the one. He had gotten them made by Budsie for about $85 and in his video it looked like it was an order for 100 dolls.

heavycream

kiwifarms.net

Hold on to your hats..

Archived encase of future backtracking / bailing.
Kickstarter page as of 11/01/2020: https://archive.md/xLQYn
Promotional video