Abortion - An age old issue

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Pardon me, language barrier. In my country they are both under a word similar to alimony. I had no idea they were seperate in english.
Okay. Just to clarify, though, child support is an obligation to the child. Because things don't work perfectly, sometimes the custodial parent (often the mother) will be able to divert the money to herself rather than the child. This isn't what is supposed to happen, though.

Alimony is payment specifically to the spouse. The rapist is not going to be a spouse, in all likelihood, and even if she is, is probably not entitled to alimony.

What I meant by the victim could sue the rapist is that any harm that came to a minor through being victimized, including the child support obligation, could be set off by a claim against the rapist. The rapist is obviously liable for damages directly resulting from the rape as well. So in the unlikely event that, for instance, a minor male was raped by an adult female, and a child was born, the child support obligation owed by that minor would be the result of a wrongful act by the adult.

So if she were actually much more wealthy than he was, he could end up owing nothing. It would just take separate legal action, and unfortunately for most people in this situation, there isn't a giant pile of money at the end of the rainbow.

Reactions: Bakasura

xX_rAcE_wAr_420_Xx

Able and willing to say the N-word
kiwifarms.net
I think (in America) that leftie politics give some insight to this issue, and we should look at it in the context of race as well as gender.

For generations, people of color were stripped of their bodily autonomy. The debate is often framed in terms of control over one's body, and how women have (allegedly) been denied that in the past. To help compensate for historical wrongs, I think that regardless of any legal restrictions on abortion, it should always be 100% legal for women of color - and especially black women - to get abortions.

Idiotron

kiwifarms.net
The brain and nervous system of the fetus form in the 10th-11th week of pregnancy.
Before that, the fetus doesn't have a brain so it can't think, it doesn't have a nervous system so it can't feel, it's literally a piece of meat. I think that it's fine to abort it if it's like that.
I never hear pro choice people use this argument, probably because hardly anyone knows anything about human biology.

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
I think (in America) that leftie politics give some insight to this issue, and we should look at it in the context of race as well as gender.

For generations, people of color were stripped of their bodily autonomy. The debate is often framed in terms of control over one's body, and how women have (allegedly) been denied that in the past. To help compensate for historical wrongs, I think that regardless of any legal restrictions on abortion, it should always be 100% legal for women of color - and especially black women - to get abortions.
I'm fairly certain that "my body, my choice" is basically rhetoric.

The forced abortion story from the UK was basically memory holed.

JektheDumbass

kiwifarms.net
I think abortions should depend on social class. Poor people should not only have free abortions, it should be incentivized because that's one less welfare baby the taxpayers have to support, giving them $100 is way cheaper. The ultra-rich not only should be barred from having abortions, but they should have a minimum number of heirs to split their wealth up or it gets confiscated by the government. With no illusions, it is shoved into the nearest rathole and wasted.

CamelCursive

kiwifarms.net
Unpopular Opinion 1: I don't get too worked up about abortion. TBH, most of the people that I see demanding a right to an abortion are the exact sort of people that I do not want breeding. In fact, I am outright fine with them being sterilized with minimal anaesthetic.

Unpopular Opinion 2: The weird bitches that go around bragging about their abortions and acting like it was awesome remind me of weird [possibly stolen valor] vets that brag about how many people they killed in a war. Yeah, there's someone being honest about "doing what had to be done" and "now you sound like a sick fuck making up stories".

Jacob Harrison

The person who discovered Britain’s true monarch
kiwifarms.net
It is basic biology that once an egg cell is fertilized, it has unique DNA from the other cells in the mother’s body which proves that life begins at conception. Therefore abortion is murder and should always be illegal.

NimertiS

Chaotic Neutral
kiwifarms.net
I don't even understand why is this an issue. In my country it's a legal procedure up to 19 weeks (or 24 in cases of fetal abnormalities).

Religion should not be a burden to a woman's choice.

Also, it's free in a public hospital here, if you go to a private one it's not.

I don't want to have an abortion,ever. It's still a surgery. But, I won't support an abortion ban anytime soon.

Erischan

chaos goddess
kiwifarms.net
I don't even understand why is this an issue. In my country it's a legal procedure up to 19 weeks (or 24 in cases of fetal abnormalities).

Also, it's free in a public hospital here, if you go to a private one it's not.

I don't want to have an abortion,ever. It's still a surgery. But, I won't support an abortion ban anytime soon.
A woman's choice to commit murder

ButterBar

kiwifarms.net
Well in the US its legal up to 9 months in many states, an entire party is pretty much campaigning on up to 9 months, when its inarguably a baby. We have about as many late term, viable infant abortions as we do murders in the US. If they counted as infants, which they should because the only difference between them an a premie is location, our murder rate would be double. That right there is a reason why it should be a big deal.

Sure. But you dont need religion to think chopping up a tiny human being and laying their disected corpse out on a table should be illegal. All of us started at that state, and I think that the right to life should be given to all human beings regardless of age. Right to choose isnt a right either anymore than a woman choosing to drown her infant baby is her right. And even if you see it that way why does it have to be the womans choice? Why does a father get zero input?

Dumb question, but I did think of it somehow:

Is it hypocritical to be pro-life and eat meat?
I think its hypocritical to be pro-abortion but cry about chicken eggs being eaten but not hypocritical to be pro-life and eat meat. Simply put a pig is not going to ever be able to talk to me, to have an argument with me, share interests or ideas. Babies will if allowed to live.

Last edited:

cactus

Cactus Juice Connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
Well in the US its legal up to 9 months in many states
Source?

But you dont need religion to think chopping up a tiny human being and laying their disected corpse out on a table should be illegal
That's not how most abortions are performed, like, at all. You either take a couple of pills and it's like a really heavy period, or they put a little vacuum tube in you and suck it out.

But we all know dead babies make you sad.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino