Ace Combat 7 -

AN/ALR56

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Weird i loved ace combat now its just too arcadey for me.
Once you play DCS or falcon 4.0 you cant go back i guess

frozenrunner

I could really use the salt
kiwifarms.net
I'm waiting on the PC release too. And I'm kind of jealous that PS4 owners can play it in VR. (Though I would never pay for that shit at this point in VR's early-ish days.)

I hope 7 turns out more like 4/5/Zero than some of the later games... Assault Horizon was fine, but it wasn't Ace Combat. It's Namco so I have accepted the DLC shit will be awful and unreasonable, but still, hopefully the main game is solid.

• Feels
Reactions: atm

Zan

kiwifarms.net
I've waited for this game so long and I have to wait til the end of the goddamn month to play it. Hooked up the ps2 last night just to play 4 since its the only game I can't emulate and man what a blast. I've been sick and mostly sleeping but I blazed all the way to tango line til I passed out.

You know what still pisses me off though? We've gotten practically every flanker derivative and all the russian testbed stuff like the Mig 1.44 in 5 (love it) but still...ONLY THE GODDAMN MIG-29A. I had hoped we'd finally get the Mig-35 or at least some of the other variants but no. Oh well.

Thinking of picking up the 3ds game, how does it hold up? Does it have the on rails shit like in AH for the consoles?

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
I've waited for this game so long and I have to wait til the end of the goddamn month to play it. Hooked up the ps2 last night just to play 4 since its the only game I can't emulate and man what a blast. I've been sick and mostly sleeping but I blazed all the way to tango line til I passed out.

You know what still pisses me off though? We've gotten practically every flanker derivative and all the russian testbed stuff like the Mig 1.44 in 5 (love it) but still...ONLY THE GODDAMN MIG-29A. I had hoped we'd finally get the Mig-35 or at least some of the other variants but no. Oh well.

Thinking of picking up the 3ds game, how does it hold up? Does it have the on rails shit like in AH for the consoles?
Is performance the issue? The latest PCSX2 can emulate AC4 almost perfectly

• Agree
Reactions: frozenrunner

Zan

kiwifarms.net
Is performance the issue? The latest PCSX2 can emulate AC4 almost perfectly
Whenever I emulated the planes in the hanger were black textures and the everything in general looked fucked up. I can emulate AC5 and Zero beautifully. Maybe I wasn't using the most recent build.

gobbogobb

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is there a good flight stick controller for PS4? I don't really want to play a flight game with dualshock.

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
Whenever I emulated the planes in the hanger were black textures and the everything in general looked fucked up. I can emulate AC5 and Zero beautifully. Maybe I wasn't using the most recent build.
Yeah, you gotta run the Dev build. The wiki entry for it shows the current fixes. Plays almost perfect in hardware mode, only issue is you have to switch to software mode, then back to hardware mode in each mission to fix some textures. Also the player's plane is always black in hardware mode, but I always played 1st person, so that was no big deal.

Edit- Always black in-game. In the hangar everything appears normally.

• Informative

Phantom

kiwifarms.net
Just snagged it today after about 2 hours of chasing a goose. The chick at the store gave me the last copy and a preorder code since they had more codes than games. Turns out it was a code for Ace Combat 5 for PS4.

• Informative

atm

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is there a good flight stick controller for PS4? I don't really want to play a flight game with dualshock.
I ordered a T.Flight Hotas 4 along with the game, however it doesn't arrive for another week. I'll share my thoughts on it when it arrives. Mostly got it for VR mode.

Finished the game last night and as a fan I loved it. It does feel as though they were aiming for an expansive plot à la AC5 but condensed it into fewer missions, would've been nice to spend a bit longer with some of the characters and flesh them out a bit. I'm sure more content will find its way to us as DLC, this is bamco after all. The game even teases a return to Megalith at one point, only to immediately give you the finger.

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
I ordered a T.Flight Hotas 4 along with the game, however it doesn't arrive for another week. I'll share my thoughts on it when it arrives. Mostly got it for VR mode.

Finished the game last night and as a fan I loved it. It does feel as though they were aiming for an expansive plot à la AC5 but condensed it into fewer missions, would've been nice to spend a bit longer with some of the characters and flesh them out a bit. I'm sure more content will find its way to us as DLC, this is bamco after all. The game even teases a return to Megalith at one point, only to immediately give you the finger.
What was the length like, worth the $60? At first I was bummed that pc users don't get a version of a previous AC game as well....but, well, I guess we've always had access to that (except for 6).

atm

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What was the length like, worth the $60? At first I was bummed that pc users don't get a version of a previous AC game as well....but, well, I guess we've always had access to that (except for 6).
Could be worse, they could've given you Assault Horizon.
The length is in line with previous games, it probably took me around 10-12 hours to see the credits roll. That included replaying some missions either for better result or to make some more credits for better planes. I needed to make sure I had the F-22 unlocked for the last few missions. Aside from that there's a lot still to do, I still need to play through on ace difficulty and I've barely touched multiplayer, haven't touched VR missions either. I think mileage will vary depending on how much replayability you can eke out of it.

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
The length is in line with previous games, it probably took me around 10-12 hours to see the credits roll. That included replaying some missions either for better result or to make some more credits for better planes. I needed to make sure I had the F-22 unlocked for the last few missions. Aside from that there's a lot still to do, I still need to play through on ace difficulty and I've barely touched multiplayer, haven't touched VR missions either. I think mileage will vary depending on how much replayability you can eke out of it.
Nice, as long as the gameplay is up to par I'll gladly go for the unlocks. Grinding out all plane variations in AC5 and all 3 routes in Zero confirm that.

frozenrunner

I could really use the salt
kiwifarms.net
How is the story? I know that's kind of silly to ask, but I know the game will play well.

AC4's story is pretty damn great, and Zero's was decent. I didn't love 5's more "anime" storyline (or that dogshit with the in-game yes/no questions), but it wasn't bad. Does 7 continue the succession of mostly of decent stories?

Isn't it a remake of Ace Combat 2? How badly could they have fucked that up?

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no step on fuckign yurop
kiwifarms.net
How is the story? I know that's kind of silly to ask, but I know the game will play well.

AC4's story is pretty damn great, and Zero's was decent. I didn't love 5's more "anime" storyline (or that dogshit with the in-game yes/no questions), but it wasn't bad. Does 7 continue the succession of mostly of decent stories?

Isn't it a remake of Ace Combat 2? How badly could they have fucked that up?
AC4 had an amazing trailer for its time and it's still good.

It was so neat how it was narrated from the perspective of a teen looking up into the sky, seeing war creeping up on his doorstep("war was an abstract idea, nothing more than a show on tv"). I also really like how Ace Combat games mixed recognizable and contemporary technology/society with interesting scenarios like asteroids smashing earth and the enormous cannon built to break them up.

• Agree
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino