Ace Combat 7 -

Guardian G.I.

СНГ scum
kiwifarms.net
Is worse than the last mission of 4 and 5?
No idea, honestly. AC4 doesn't work properly in PCSX2 and I haven't got far into AC5. After that fucking hellish piece of shit mission 20 in AC7, I really don't feel like bothering with 5, though.
I'd say, from my experience, AC5 is harder on average than AC7, because you can't grind for points by replaying missions.

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
No idea, honestly. AC4 doesn't work properly in PCSX2 and I haven't got far into AC5. After that fucking hellish piece of shit mission 20 in AC7, I really don't feel like bothering with 5, though.
I'd say, from my experience, AC5 is harder on average than AC7, because you can't grind for points by replaying missions.
Get the latest build of PCSX2 if you want some AC4 goodness. Runs fine, though at the start of each mission you have to turn software mode on, then off again to fix texture issues.

As for the mission 20 difficulty...idk, was easy. The only obstacles were a few closing doors and some small elevation changes. The drone doesn't evade, then it was just 2 missiles to each tgt. I thought the flight up would have some added obstacles, but just a few shuttles.

EurocopterTigre

S-stop staring at my exhaust ports and tail rotor~
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That fucking elevator run in Mission 20 made me delete the fucking game. It's so fucking awful. I've had more that 30 mission failures on that part.

Fuck that shit. I feel like DSP because YT videos make it look so easy, and yet I simply can't do that fucking move without bouncing off the fucking walls like a pinball ball. Not a single other game has ever made me as mad as AC7. Fuck that 40 GB piece of garbage.

:stress::stress::stress:
It's really not that hard if you're not a complete spastic, hell, I'm a total spaz and got on my first try. You can always turn on the option to basically eliminate ground damage too, and use a Gripen or something. Five's tunnel section was way worse, and didn't have the benefit of having a check point that puts you right at the entrance.

Guardian G.I.

СНГ scum
kiwifarms.net
As for the mission 20 difficulty...idk, was easy. The only obstacles were a few closing doors and some small elevation changes. The drone doesn't evade, then it was just 2 missiles to each tgt. I thought the flight up would have some added obstacles, but just a few shuttles.
I just can't get into the vertical section without either hitting the ceiling or hitting the walls of the vertical chamber itself. There's no way to regain control if you hit anything - the plane gets thrown around like a pinball ball and explodes. Also, even if I get into the chamber, my plane begins swerving around really hard immediately afterwards. Then I either hit the wall and die, or hit the shuttle and die.
After 34 failed attempts, I gave up and deleted the game.

It's really not that hard if you're not a complete spastic, hell, I'm a total spaz and got on my first try. You can always turn on the option to basically eliminate ground damage too, and use a Gripen or something. Five's tunnel section was way worse, and didn't have the benefit of having a check point that puts you right at the entrance.
Gripen doesn't have the laser gun (I used the Su-57), which makes killing the drones in the beginning more tolerable. And ground damage reduction doesn't help here, for reasons described above.

Last edited:

Cubanodun

Stylish Shitposter
kiwifarms.net
AC4 doesn't work properly in PCSX2
I finished Zero, 4 and 5 in PCSX2 without any problem, but you need a specific set of settings to make it work

The only thing i noticed was a little slowdown in 4 when you go to third person mode but besides that solid 60fps, the only one that i have not manage to emulate is 6 because Xenia has some problems with the audio and the graphics, is playable, but is terrible

• Informative
Reactions: EurocopterTigre

EurocopterTigre

S-stop staring at my exhaust ports and tail rotor~
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just can't get into the vertical section without either hitting the ceiling or hitting the walls of the vertical chamber itself. There's no way to regain control if you hit anything - the plane gets thrown around like a pinball ball and explodes. Also, even if I get into the chamber, my plane begins swerving around really hard immediately afterwards. Then I either hit the wall and die, or hit the shuttle and die.
After 34 failed attempts, I gave up and deleted the game.

Gripen doesn't have the laser gun (I used the Su-57), which makes killing the drones in the beginning more tolerable. And ground damage reduction doesn't help here, for reasons described above.
I'm not really seeing how you'd have trouble after you got in the pipe, flying completely vertical is a bit janky, but so long as you correct the plane's slight roll backwards towards the wall with your rudder and keep your speed around 400 KPH it's a cakewalk no matter what plane you're in.

ZooSmell

kiwifarms.net
Fuck this game is good. I love the AC series and it's so great to have a proper entry again. Call me a sperg but there is something so satisfying about rolling your aircraft horizontal and then slamming the left stick back into a high-G turn to splash some mother fuckers.

Cubanodun

Stylish Shitposter
kiwifarms.net
Finally finished the game going to my opinion going to spoiler it because...spoilers

The story is a little messy compared with old Ace Combats, i mean you pass almost for THREE squads (From MAGE to SPARE to Strider) you barely have time with them to actually care about their members except Count that stick with you until the end, AWAC Bandog was one of the most likable bastards in all the series but he barely stay with you until you are transferred to the Long range squad, at least Wiseman make himself useful until Archangel shoot him down in a blaze of glory, Long Caster is also good and i can imagine him being a fatass with all his talking about food in the radio, another thing that found weird is how easily the story scrap Harling and is never revealed who or what shoot him, the fact that TRIGGER get pardoned so easily for killing a ex-president doesnt help

The good thing is how they wank 4 and 5 with Nagase kei appearing in the end and the battle of Stonehenge that i found hilarious how desperately your friends are to make it operational even when is stated that they had like 20 years to repair it

Also the last mission was super easy for me because that one is a remix of one you had to do in Electrosphere and in that place it was harder

Gameplay wise using the clouds to mess with missiles is good but almost all the missions are in clear skies, also found a little fustrating how now the AA Guns are not absolutely crap they and the AD Tanks can and will destroy your missiles with dakka

Not going to uninstall until they release the new missions with the DLC, i was going to complain that there is not any ship in the game equipped with COFFIN but apparently the FALKEN is going to be added in the DLC

Last edited:
Reactions: Just Some Other Guy

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
Finally finished the game going to my opinion going to spoiler it because...spoilers

The story is a little messy compared with old Ace Combats, i mean you pass almost for THREE squads (From MAGE to SPARE to Strider) you barely have time with them to actually care about their members except Count that stick with you until the end, AWAC Bandog was one of the most likable bastards in all the series but he barely stay with you until you are transferred to the Long range squad, at least Wiseman make himself useful until Archangel shoot him down in a blaze of glory, Long Caster is also good and i can imagine him being a fatass with all his talking about food in the radio, another thing that found weird is how easily the story scrap Harling and is never revealed who or what shoot him, the fact that TRIGGER get pardoned so easily for killing a ex-president doesnt help

The good thing is how they wank 4 and 5 with Nagase kei appearing in the end and the battle of Stonehenge that i found hilarious how desperately your friends are to make it operational even when is stated that they had like 20 years to repair it

Also the last mission was super easy for me because that one is a remix of one you had to do in Electrosphere and in that place it was harder

Gameplay wise using the clouds to mess with missiles is good but almost all the missions are in clear skies, also found a little fustrating how now the AA Guns are not absolutely crap they and the AD Tanks can and will destroy your missiles with dakka

Not going to uninstall until they release the new missions with the DLC, i was going to complain that there is not any ship in the game equipped with COFFIN but apparently the FALKEN is going to be added in the DLC
True, I also liked how AEGIS cruisers can now actually defend vs missiles. Still doesn't stop you from wrecking an entire fleet with a load of LASMs though.

• Agree

Cubanodun

Stylish Shitposter
kiwifarms.net
True, I also liked how AEGIS cruisers can now actually defend vs missiles. Still doesn't stop you from wrecking an entire fleet with a load of LASMs though.
the LASM prove their worth in combat against fleets but i had to improvise a lot to use them against target in the ground because sometimes it fails but well aimed can wipe out several tanks, and you have to get used to them if you are going for the 100% by using the Wyvern that comes with LASM, the 4 missiles thingy and a laser i think that i never managed to use it right

General Delphox

The sky is not connected
kiwifarms.net
The DLC is here. For some odd reason, they also included all the planes in one fat update but locked it. For those who knows how to use CreamAPI, they can access the FALKEN and the MORGAN earlier than planned.

• Informative
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino