Actually, Cheese Ice Cream Is Good - Van Leeuwen and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese just announced their new, limited-edition mac and cheese ice cream. If you hate this idea, you're wrong.

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing. Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

THE MERGE IS ON.

JambledUpWords

Stairs are my worst enemy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Full Article: Link (Archive)

Actually, Cheese Ice Cream Is Good​

Van Leeuwen and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese just announced their new, limited-edition mac and cheese ice cream. If you hate this idea, you're wrong.

By Bettina Makalintal
July 13, 2021, 1:20 pm
7BEBA825-FD91-4ABE-80F9-3340AC729A8D.jpeg
“This is what greets you at the gates of Hell,” the Cut claimed this morning, alongside the news that the New York-based Van Leeuwen Ice Cream and Kraft—yes, that Kraft—have collaborated to give us the “terrifying glory” of Kraft Mac & Cheese–flavored ice cream. It is exactly as Halloween-y bright orange as you’d expect, made with the “familiar, cheesiness of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese,” per the press release.

But before you add to the cacophony of horrified readers on social media—who’ve asked things like “have we as a people not endured enough?”—hear me out: Cheese ice cream is good, actually. And what if the American cultural inclination toward seeing certain cheeses as exclusively savory is actually just holding us back from the beautiful, munchies-worthy possibilities of the savory-sweet dessert world?

Xarpho

You crack me up, clown.
kiwifarms.net
Mozzarella ice cream is good, but I'm not so sure about this one. I've also never seen Filipino stuff in the local Asian stores, it's all Chinese or Vietnamese stuff.

Disappointed Kenny

kiwifarms.net
I think the key with cheese ice cream is you need to use an actual real good-tasting cheese to make it work. Mozzarella, parmesan, that kind of thing.
Powdered orange dust is not cheese.

JambledUpWords

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
yeah I'm not really into the "classy" cheese-related ice creams so I doubt I'd like this either but I'd be curious to at least try a scoop
I like cheesecake ice cream, but savory cheeses in ice cream seem weird to me. I understand using cheeses like cream cheese and mascarpone, but cheddar is something that I have reservations on actually tasting good with ice cream.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like cheesecake ice cream, but savory cheeses in ice cream seem weird to me. I understand using cheeses like cream cheese and mascarpone, but cheddar is something that I have reservations on actually tasting good with ice cream.
yeah I can respect cheesecake ice cream at least
never would buy it but if it's handed to me I won't throw a spaz

I def see why cheddar (or Kraft Yellow Powder) might not jive, but I'd at least give it a shot once.

horrorfan89

Master of SCARE-imonies!
kiwifarms.net
yeah cheesecake or ricotta (the sweet Italian cheese used for everything from manicotti to blintzes) that makes sense as an ice cream flavor. But sharper more savory chesses like cheddar, Munster, American ect they just dont make sense as ice cream flavors. It's like that time Milton Hershey (yes of Hershey's chocolate) tried to make ice cream using beets or potatoes. The idea was to use staple foods to replace expensive hard to get ingredients (i think it was developed during the first world war when there was rationing and all) but it was an utter failure.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
yeah cheesecake or ricotta (the sweet Italian cheese used for everything from manicotti to blintzes) that makes sense as an ice cream flavor. But sharper more savory chesses like cheddar, Munster, American ect they just dont make sense as ice cream flavors. It's like that time Milton Hershey (yes of Hershey's chocolate) tried to make ice cream using beets or potatoes. The idea was to use staple foods to replace expensive hard to get ingredients (i think it was developed during the first world war when there was rationing and all) but it was an utter failure.
by the time you're at "use beets or potatoes" maybe it's just worth figuring out some other sweets than ice cream
or just make vodka out of the potatoes and throw the beets at children and steal their candy

Enoby Way

Saw something nasty in the woodshed.
kiwifarms.net
Wonderful PR-motivated post that some poor journalist had to find a way to turn into a low-effort but positive article.

I do love the spin on it: "we already guessed you'll find it gross so we're just going to tell you you're wrong". What faith in their product.

Honestly though, I would absolutely try this if it were made available in my country. I just wouldn't want to buy the serving size shown because there's no way I'd eat it all. But in one of those mini tubs with the dinky lil spoons? Sure, why not.

Probably famous last words before I chuck my guts up.

salmonjerky

Local58 Employee
kiwifarms.net
Full Article: Link (Archive)

Actually, Cheese Ice Cream Is Good​

Van Leeuwen and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese just announced their new, limited-edition mac and cheese ice cream. If you hate this idea, you're wrong.

By Bettina Makalintal
July 13, 2021, 1:20 pm
View attachment 2344510
“This is what greets you at the gates of Hell,” the Cut claimed this morning, alongside the news that the New York-based Van Leeuwen Ice Cream and Kraft—yes, that Kraft—have collaborated to give us the “terrifying glory” of Kraft Mac & Cheese–flavored ice cream. It is exactly as Halloween-y bright orange as you’d expect, made with the “familiar, cheesiness of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese,” per the press release.

But before you add to the cacophony of horrified readers on social media—who’ve asked things like “have we as a people not endured enough?”—hear me out: Cheese ice cream is good, actually. And what if the American cultural inclination toward seeing certain cheeses as exclusively savory is actually just holding us back from the beautiful, munchies-worthy possibilities of the savory-sweet dessert world?
Cheese ice cream has existed for quite awhile though. It's in most asian import stores and i actually try to get it whenever i can. I enjoy it a lot.
It's amazing to see that people are finally trying to make "Weirder" flavors of ice cream in america and whatnot.

Apopheliac

edgy but polite
kiwifarms.net
I tried cheese once from this Korean market (was a Filipino brand) and it was pretty good for what it was. Kind of reminded me more of cheesecake than cheddar, despite it being orangey.
However Kraft Powder Cheddar ice cream doesn't sound as appealing.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have had since cheese ice cream that was good. I think the trick is that ice cream in general is really good. I used to go to this ice cream shop that had a mystery flavor during the summer, and if you guessed the mystery flavor correctly, at the end of the summer you got a prize. One summer the mystery flavor was... mayonnaise. But almost nobody guessed it, including me. It didn't really taste bad or like mayonnaise. They probably put a shit ton of sugar in it, but still, it wasn't bad or anything.

On the other hand, we have this local popular bougie ice cream chain called Salt & Straw that likes to do shit like
mushroom flavor or vegetable or olive oil or pear & gorgonzola ice cream. They are... not always good. This place is so fucking popular though, I think it's mainly for the more normal flavors but they keep pumping out the weird and cursed flavors so there is a market for it I guess.

JambledUpWords

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have had since cheese ice cream that was good. I think the trick is that ice cream in general is really good. I used to go to this ice cream shop that had a mystery flavor during the summer, and if you guessed the mystery flavor correctly, at the end of the summer you got a prize. One summer the mystery flavor was... mayonnaise. But almost nobody guessed it, including me. It didn't really taste bad or like mayonnaise. They probably put a shit ton of sugar in it, but still, it wasn't bad or anything.

On the other hand, we have this local popular bougie ice cream chain called Salt & Straw that likes to do shit like
mushroom flavor or vegetable or olive oil or pear & gorgonzola ice cream. They are... not always good. This place is so fucking popular though, I think it's mainly for the more normal flavors but they keep pumping out the weird and cursed flavors so there is a market for it I guess.
As far as bougie ice cream goes, this is one of the most cursed flavors to me:
D4ED07E7-07F0-491F-BECE-2188B0BBC754.jpeg
The ice cream has dough pieces that are flavored with onion, garlic, and sesame seeds

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As far as bougie ice cream goes, this is one of the most cursed flavors to me:
View attachment 2372408
The ice cream has dough pieces that are flavored with onion, garlic, and sesame seeds
I remember this shit from the Tess Holliday thread and all the discussion on why there are 15000 dessert flavor combinations and why death fats love them so much. I would probably try it out of curiosity if I were out with people and we were getting ice cream but I wouldn't commit to a whole pint of it.

L50LasPak

We have all the time in the world.
kiwifarms.net
Guys.

There's not actually any cheese in the product. Read the article.

Kraft Mac & Cheese–flavored ice cream
Its not actually cheese ice cream. Its fake. Just like Kraft cheese isn't real cheese.

In Memoriam

kiwifarms.net
Guys.

There's not actually any cheese in the product. Read the article.

Its not actually cheese ice cream. Its fake. Just like Kraft cheese isn't real cheese.
Lmao if you think there’s cheese in Kraft dinner either. It’s flavors all the way down

L50LasPak

We have all the time in the world.
kiwifarms.net
Lmao if you think there’s cheese in Kraft dinner either. It’s flavors all the way down
I'm convinced there's no dinner in Kraft dinner either. That stuff is less filling than eating a handful of napkins.