Trashfire Adam Kovic & Ryan Haywood (The Dead Pixel / Koko / Pikovic, and James Ryan Haywoood / Iron Ryan / The Mad King / Vagabond) - Rooster Teeth associates who've sent horrifying nudes behind their families's backs in what looks like a gay catfish

How many accusers will there be by the 23rd?

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • 10 ~ 12

Votes: 91 12.0%
  • 13 ~ 15

Votes: 273 36.0%
  • 16 ~ 18

Votes: 185 24.4%
  • 19 or 20

Votes: 44 5.8%
  • More than 20

Votes: 161 21.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Most Dumbest Bitch

[LGBT] Leader of Antifa
So basically ban him from Twitch, Discord, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, his email accounts, etc., basically anywhere he could possibly communicate with a fan to prevent him from doing it again? Don't we generally rely on the courts to ban people from the internet when they've been convicted of a related crime?

Unfortunately, as we've talked about here before, it's unlikely he'll actually see any legal justice for this situation. The statute of limitations on most of these situations has been up for a while, and the case that would've been the most likely to see jail time for him - Michelle, as it is very clear cut statutory - expired shortly before the story broke. I do remember there being rumblings in the very beginning of a legal case against him, but whether or not that will proceed remains to be seen, and I think we would've seen some evidence of it going forward if that was the case.

No one's saying he can't use those platforms as an ordinary user; it would be impossible to stop him from doing so. But to allow him to continue being a verified streamer, with the same platform and fanbase he was taking advantage of, would be nothing short of irresponsible. If he really thinks he deserves to stream again and to be a public figure, let him start from the ground up and get there organically, of his own volition - he doesn't deserve to hold onto the massive audience boost he got from the same company that enabled him to take advantage of so many people. So let him lose everything, fans and all, make a whole new account, and try and force his way back into the public eye. His family won't suffer, as they've got quite a bit of money saved up, so I think it's more than fair for him to have to start over from one and claw his way back up to where he was. In my opinion, that's only a small modicum of what he deserves.

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
Trying to stop a proven and admitted sex predator from switching from one venue to the next and likely continuing his pattern of devious behavior isn't "cancel". Demanding that Live PD, Cops, and Paw Patrol get taken off tv because "cops bad" is cancel.
Ah, if only people were this passionate about stopping proven and admitted sex predators like Jonathan Yaniv (he's certainly caused more trouble, legal and otherwise, than Ryan has). Not as much clout to chase in comparison to Z-list Youtube celebrities, I guess.

I'll ask yet again, though -- how much punishment is adequate to satisfy you?

Most Dumbest Bitch

[LGBT] Leader of Antifa

No one's saying he can't use those platforms as an ordinary user; it would be impossible to stop him from doing so. But to allow him to continue being a verified streamer, with the same platform and fanbase he was taking advantage of, would be nothing short of irresponsible. If he really thinks he deserves to stream again and to be a public figure, let him start from the ground up and get there organically, of his own volition - he doesn't deserve to hold onto the massive audience boost he got from the same company that enabled him to take advantage of so many people. So let him lose everything, fans and all, make a whole new account, and try and force his way back into the public eye. His family won't suffer, as they've got quite a bit of money saved up, so I think it's more than fair for him to have to start over from one and claw his way back up to where he was. In my opinion, that's only a small modicum of what he deserves.

This much. It's not unreasonable to ask that he have to do actual legwork to regain his career and his audience's trust, instead of being allowed to keep all his privileges and the fanbase he was taking advantage of so that he can just keep doing exactly what he was doing before. At that point, the only message being sent is that he really CAN do this kind of stuff with impunity.

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
This much. It's not unreasonable to ask that he have to do actual legwork to regain his career and his audience's trust, instead of being allowed to keep all his privileges and the fanbase he was taking advantage of so that he can just keep doing exactly what he was doing before. At that point, the only message being sent is that he really CAN do this kind of stuff with impunity.
What "privileges" does he actually have that he hasn't already lost because of the scandal? A Twitch account? And how do you propose to "remove" whatever fans he still has so that he has to reacquire them and regain their trust again? He's already lost the fans that don't trust him and those he was taking advantage of. The ones who stuck with him either don't believe the accusations or don't care about them. They'll be tougher to get rid of.

Should he just change his stage name and start from scratch, then? You know that'll go right out the window the moment the first fan, shit-stirrer, critic or activist pins his sins on his new persona, right?

And let's say he does get "reset" and has to start from zero again. Has he earned his parole in that case, or must his past be rubbed in his face indefinitely no matter how hard he works or what acts of contrition he performs?

You're trying to sugar-coat it, but you're really still just calling for his complete cancelation with no reprieve.

What "privileges" does he actually have that he hasn't already lost because of the scandal? A Twitch account? And how do you propose to "remove" whatever fans he still has so that he has to reacquire them and regain their trust again? He's already lost the fans that don't trust him and those he was taking advantage of. The ones who stuck with him either don't believe the accusations or don't care about them. They'll be tougher to get rid of.

Should he just change his stage name and start from scratch, then? You know that'll go right out the window the moment the first fan, shit-stirrer, critic or activist pins his sins on his new persona, right?

And let's say he does get "reset" and has to start from zero again. Has he earned his parole in that case, or must his past be rubbed in his face indefinitely no matter how hard he works or what acts of contrition he performs?

You're trying to sugar-coat it, but you're really still just calling for his complete cancelation with no reprieve.
Considering what his accusations are, what other reprieve can there be? Seems all he could do is just not be on the Internet ever again, and even that’s probably being optimistic.

Ah, if only people were this passionate about stopping proven and admitted sex predators like Jonathan Yaniv (he's certainly caused more trouble, legal and otherwise, than Ryan has). Not as much clout to chase in comparison to Z-list Youtube celebrities, I guess.

You're throwing out strawmen. I'm not a police officer, I don't know who the person you mentioned is, and even if I did I wouldn't "chase" them because this alleged "clout" doesn't mean as much to me as it seems to mean to you. Much of what you bring up to defend your point of view is unrealistic and irrelevant.

You're being hyperbolic. No one's called for banning him from airports, or the internet, or whatever else you listed off. The only person who leapt to those extreme measures is you (though I'm sure that others in this thread have previously suggested that he be castrated and so forth, you should go back and target them next). This is a man who used a popular internet gaming website - something known to attract young people, including girls - and who within three months of getting caught, with no apparent legal repercussions, went to another venue of the same type and has shown that in all likelihood he'll do the same thing there. The fact that someone wanted to anonymously alert said site to appraise them of who this person is and what he's done, with the hope that no other girls are taken advantage of, seems to bother you so much is frankly pretty weird. If a pedophile moved next door I'd alert my neighbors too. Sue me.

You ask what punishment is good enough. We've laid it out for you. The guy abused his position on an internet gaming site to do what he did, so it would be great if he couldn't continue to do so on another one. If that concept bothers you - to the extent that you would equate it with banning him from the world, chasing him out of the country, forcing a name change or whatever else you're talking about, then again, all I can say is that hyperbole is your prerogative. For me, the strangest thing is why your defense of him is so ardent that you'd see those who don't want him damaging more people as the ones who are in the wrong.

Most Dumbest Bitch

[LGBT] Leader of Antifa

I sincerely can't understand your issue here. Yes, he does still have privileges - specifically, he still has his verified Twitch account that he makes money off of with approximately 135,000 followers. That's an advantage he only received due to the publicity bump he got working at RT. Can you sincerely say he'd have anywhere near that number if he'd never worked there and just started streaming on his own? More likely than not, 90% of those fans are RT fans or RT-adjacent in some way. He wouldn't have them without it.

And what about the many people following him who may have just forgotten to unfollow? We know there are still a good chunk of them out there, as was made clear by the fact that quite a few people are only now remembering due to his stupid public statement. So why should he get to hold onto them? Why does he deserve to hold onto ANY of the privileges he was granted due to his association with RT, when all he did was use them for his own selfish gain?

If those followers you mention that are "sticking with him" truly are doing so, then they'll follow whatever new account he makes without a problem. So why not clear out the lot of them by banning his current verified account and forcing him to start over? The ones who want to follow him will do so, and those who don't want to associate with him but forgot to unfollow will not bother seeking him out again. It regulates the amount of pull he has while also allowing him to live out his inane dream of abusing his social power. I don't see what's so controversial about that.

Nothing he can do will ever make up for all of the stuff he's done. I do sincerely believe that there's a threshold after which point a person is irredeemable, and I definitely think "manipulating and establishing a harem of mentally ill teenage girls while also committing multiple sex crimes in the process" is one such threshold.

That said, if what you yourself said is true - that all 100k+ followers he has remaining are dedicated fans who don't want to let go of his content - then banning his original account and forcing him to start over ISN'T "cancellation." In fact, by your logic, it shouldn't be a damaging blow to him at all. But it does prevent him from running unchecked in the same capacity as he was before, because verified streamers get more notice and more money, neither of which Ryan needs. So, if by your logic, his remaining followers are there intentionally and don't have a problem supporting him financially in spite of all he's done, what is the issue with Twitch banning his original account and forcing him to make a new one? He did something wrong, deeply morally wrong, and now he's reaping what he's sown. Actions have consequences and all that. (Edited for some grammar.)

Last edited:

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
For me, the strangest thing is why your defense of him is so ardent that you'd see those who don't want him damaging more people as the ones who are in the wrong.
I'm not defending him. I'm probing to see how vengeful and vigilante this specific mob is willing to be to ensure the Very Bad Man is punished to its satisfaction. I'm doing so because I know the mob will only be satisfied with total destruction and want them to admit it (or get super pissed about it like you are). I'm pointing out how retarded and ridiculous this cancel culture garbage is. You, however, seem especially eager to see him burned at the stake. You fancy yourself a leader of the mob.

Nothing he can do will ever make up for all of the stuff he's done.
And there it is. No forgiveness, no redemption. Just crush, kill, destroy. Classic SJW bullshit. You're no better than the monsters you think are beneath you.

I'm not defending him. I'm probing to see how vengeful and vigilante this specific mob is willing to be to ensure the Very Bad Man is punished to its satisfaction. I'm doing so because I know the mob will only be satisfied with total destruction and want them to admit it (or get super pissed about it like you are). I'm pointing out how retarded and ridiculous this cancel culture garbage is. You, however, seem especially eager to see him burned at the stake. You fancy yourself a leader of the mob.

And there it is. No forgiveness, no redemption. Just crush, kill, destroy. Classic SJW bullshit. You're no better than the monsters you think are beneath you.

And the hyperbole continues.

You asked, I answered. Your vehement, mischaracterized, ignorant, exaggerated defense of Ryan and histrionic reactions to those who have a different outlook than yourself are a bit strange, but I have no desire to change either. It is what it is, you're free to feel how you like. I've said my peace and have nothing further to add.

Genuine question: In your opinion, is the sex offender registry also a form of cancel culture? It shares a lot of similarities with what you’ve been complaining about here, especially since it’s for the exact same reasons.

Prevents you from working, makes people not want to be associated with you, you get on it when you fuck underaged teens...

I like to think Alfredo put it nicely in his latest stream.

Ryan admitted himself that he has a job and is educating himself further. Pretty sure he'll be just fine if he keeps his head down and is grateful for the things he has left.

With those signs of narcissism though, he more than likely will try and come back— just as we just saw the beginning of. There's plenty that try and do. Onision for example.

When this year, was the notification bar not filled with grooming and abuse. How much of all that do we forgive and keep watching? Some non-apology and back at it for most.

I'd be fine with watching Ryan make a fool of himself on twitch even further, could be fun— yet he squandered his privilege and fucked it all up all by himself. Doesn't take mad fans. He had plenty of choices. If twitch decides they want to deplatform him, I won't be mad either.

Personally, it feels like if he truly wanted to fix shit with his family and wife— I like to think he'd stay 6ft away from the Internet. Yet alas..

This has nothing to do with the evil word "cancel culture". At this point I feel the word is like "toxic masculinity". Some people read it, get angry, but don't bother caring about the actual points and implications.

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
Genuine question: In your opinion, is the sex offender registry also a form of cancel culture? It shares a lot of similarities with what you’ve been complaining about here, especially since it’s for the exact same reasons.

Prevents you from working, makes people not want to be associated with you, you get on it when you fuck underaged teens...
No, that isn't cancel culture. That's a punishment that's only doled out when someone actually bothers to take an accusation through the legal system instead of the Twitter meat grinder.

DickMain

The day Dick graced your village

A pedo's a pedo. Just because he's not Epstein-tier island-owning megabux rich doesn't make him not-bad. He shouldn't just get a free pass back on the same medium he perpetrated his crimes through just because there are worse people out there. Even if he's not breaking any written rules of whatever platform he uses doesn't mean we're facing some "slippery slope" if he's terminated. He's pretty obviously a problem.

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
A pedo's a pedo. Just because he's not Epstein-tier island-owning megabux rich doesn't make him not-bad. He shouldn't just get a free pass back on the same medium he perpetrated his crimes through just because there are worse people out there. Even if he's not breaking any written rules of whatever platform he uses doesn't mean we're facing some "slippery slope" if he's terminated. He's pretty obviously a problem.
Nobody's saying he should get a free pass, and I'm not making a "slippery slope" argument. My point, which every negrater is cheerfully ignoring since they're enthusiastically bearing torches for the witch hunt, is that mob punishment isn't exactly consistent and once it gets rolling there's a real tendency to go too far. My second point is that this behavior comes straight from the SJW playbook -- ban someone from [some popular internet service] and then as if by magic their behavior, beliefs and even their very existence is erased! Problem solved! Too bad it doesn't actually work.

I'll also point out that in any other circumstance, people would be incensed at the prospect of someone being banned from an internet service because of their behavior outside that platform. But it looks like this is a case of "it's okay when we do it."

mob punishment isn't exactly consistent and once it gets rolling there's a real tendency to go too far.
If this were tumblr, I'd agree with you, but I don't think that anyone here's advocating for "mob justice". There's also a difference between the usual twitter/tumblr campaign of "someone made wholly unsubstantiated accusations on the internet and now we're going to campaign to make sure [celebrity] should never have a career again", and the issue here of "several extremely well-substantiated and evidenced accusations were made, including undeniably criminal behaviour (fucking an underage kid), and it might be a good idea to alert the platform that [celebrity] used to do/fund all this shit that he seems to be planning to do it again".

If he hadn't made that dumb-ass Twitch post, had left it a year, and had come back doing low-key streams without his grooming parlour Discord, I'd say whatever and leave him to his sad little life. Three months after being exposed as a predator, posting jokes and thanks to his Twitch followers and clearly already plotting his return??? Nah, that's weird, and reeks of someone who plans to pull exactly the same shit again.

My second point is that this behavior comes straight from the SJW playbook -- ban someone from [some popular internet service] and then as if by magic their behavior, beliefs and even their very existence is erased! Problem solved!
No one's trying to erase his existence, jfc. I don't care if he keeps his twitter, if he keeps his facebook, if he stays on youtube, whatever. Who cares if some middle-aged gamer retard continues being a narcissist in public, more cow food for the farms tbqh. I care about him maybe not being on Twitch (and Snapchat, frankly, for that matter) because those are both platforms integral to his shitty and criminal behaviour (which, as discussed above, he's not showing any signs of reforming; goodie for us, not so goodie for the mentally ill internet teens he's going to touch up again if given half a chance). Even de-verifying his Twitch (since he's not exactly an internet celebrity any more lmao) would be a good step towards giving less reach for abuse on the platform.

I'll also point out that in any other circumstance, people would be incensed at the prospect of someone being banned from an internet service because of their behavior outside that platform.
As people have repeatedly said, his behaviour isn't outside of that platform - or, at least, isn't independent of it. He specifically used money from Twitch to fly mentally ill teens out for sex. He specifically used Twitch as part of his grooming strategy (alongside Snapchat, and maybe Discord). I'm pretty sure he was fucking his Twitch mod, too - which frankly I don't care about, because they're both adults and can be retards if they like, but saying this whole thing is "outside Twitch" is just plain wrong.

Nobody's saying he should get a free pass, and I'm not making a "slippery slope" argument. My point, which every negrater is cheerfully ignoring since they're enthusiastically bearing torches for the witch hunt, is that mob punishment isn't exactly consistent and once it gets rolling there's a real tendency to go too far. My second point is that this behavior comes straight from the SJW playbook -- ban someone from [some popular internet service] and then as if by magic their behavior, beliefs and even their very existence is erased! Problem solved! Too bad it doesn't actually work.

I'll also point out that in any other circumstance, people would be incensed at the prospect of someone being banned from an internet service because of their behavior outside that platform. But it looks like this is a case of "it's okay when we do it."
You keep making strawman arguments, trying to stir up shit and go full on the slippery slope. Appeal to authority next?

These are all hasty generalizations at best.

As people said, no one wants to ban him from these services as a normal user or fucking flying for that matter. There is just the question of if he should keep living a life as a public figure, when he's clearly misused that position before.

There is no mob punishment, no-one is standing in front of his damn house carrying a pitchfork. No-one is trying to find out his new work and get him fired and so on.

He's very clearly able to keep down a job and work on his education. Didn't get a divorce either from what it sounds like. Worse things have happened to other people with threads on this forum. Especially doing what he did. How does that keep being forgotten?

The American legal system is a joke from any outsiders perspective, there's been plenty of explanation why many of them wouldn't or simply couldn't go the legal route.

What do you propose? What should be the appropriate reaction?