Trashfire Adam Kovic & Ryan Haywood (The Dead Pixel / Koko / Pikovic, and James Ryan Haywoood / Iron Ryan / The Mad King / Vagabond) - Rooster Teeth associates who've sent horrifying nudes behind their families's backs in what looks like a gay catfish

How many accusers will there be by the 23rd?

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • 10 ~ 12

Votes: 91 12.0%
  • 13 ~ 15

Votes: 273 36.0%
  • 16 ~ 18

Votes: 185 24.4%
  • 19 or 20

Votes: 44 5.8%
  • More than 20

Votes: 161 21.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theworstkindofeurofag

kiwifarms.net
Don't get me wrong, Ryan should be a divorced man living in a one bedroom apartment right now but even the moderators themselves mentioned they'd pass along info to Ryan about girls that wanted to chat one-on-one with him and they're sitting pretty.
Can't say I'm not disappointed though, this return had the potential to be something more, I didn't want to see it stifled so soon.
With Twitch when you get perma'd is it just the account that's banned or the person themself?
I'm pretty sure it's the person that gets banned. If Ryan made another twitch account, they'd probably end up banning that one, too.

If he really thinks continuing to stream is a good idea, he'll have to make an account on another platform.

Most Dumbest Bitch

[LGBT] Leader of Antifa
kiwifarms.net
Just so we're clear, I have no sympathy for Ryan. I'm simply worrying about the future of streaming. A bunch of people always support censorship/deplatforming until it happens to them. I'm not on board with it. And yeah, I know this isn't a case of censorship or deplatforming, but in the end, Ryan's account still got banned for something that didn't happen on twitch.

It DID happen on Twitch, though. Somewhere around half of those girls were gotten and hooked through Twitch. That's the reason for the ban in the first place; if Ryan's actions had nothing to do with Twitch at all, you might have a point here, but they did. In fact, I'd take it further and say that, had it not been for Twitch, a sizable portion of these girls would not have come into play at all - I'm thinking specifically of Kayla and Katie B, as well as anyone else who was involved with the Madhouse, which only existed as an extension of his Twitch channel. If you look back through the stories, many of these girls were Twitch-exclusive fans. The only major victims I can think of that explicitly weren't directly related to Twitch are Michelle and Leigh. So, for once, Twitch is actually doing the right thing here.

Now that I think about it, twitch has banned someone for off site behavior before. A few months ago, they banned cryaotic who was actually quite popular on twitch, he was probably making them a lot of money. He was subsequently banned for sexting with and emotionally manipulating teenagers off site

Glad to hear he finally got banned. Weirdly enough, despite being younger and (arguably?) less popular, Cry has actually been a sex pest for MUCH longer. His first major girlfriend, Chey, was 16 when they got together and he was 22-23; that's generally at or well beyond the outer limit on most people's tolerance for age gaps involving teenagers, but he then continued to fuck around with and date underage teenagers well into his late 20s and early 30s. He's definitely not on the same level of scumbag as Ryan is, but given how many girls he left in his wake, he's coming quite close.

I'm honestly shocked that the whole shebang wasn't better documented here; his live breakdown on stream was fucking brutal to watch, not the least because he was either deep in the throes of bipolar rapid cycling, or was full on faking the anguish he was portraying during his whole apology stream. It might have gotten more attention if this had happened 5-6 years ago, when he was at his peak popularity.

Anyway, tangent aside, he really wasn't doing much with Youtube in the last few years and stuck to Twitch primarily. That leads me to believe that, like Ryan, he was probably finding his targets through Twitch instead of elsewhere. So I once again don't think there's anything wrong with banning him from the platform when it's clear that he was abusing it.

Ryan onlyfans saga 2021?

Please don't give him any ideas. He'd do it in a heartbeat.

theworstkindofeurofag

kiwifarms.net
It DID happen on Twitch, though. Somewhere around half of those girls were gotten and hooked through Twitch. That's the reason for the ban in the first place; if Ryan's actions had nothing to do with Twitch at all, you might have a point here, but they did. In fact, I'd take it further and say that, had it not been for Twitch, a sizable portion of these girls would not have come into play at all - I'm thinking specifically of Kayla and Katie B, as well as anyone else who was involved with the Madhouse, which only existed as an extension of his Twitch channel. If you look back through the stories, many of these girls were Twitch-exclusive fans. So, for once, Twitch is actually doing the right thing here.

Glad to hear he finally got banned. Weirdly enough, despite being younger and (arguably?) less popular, Cry has actually been a sex pest for MUCH longer. His first major girlfriend, Chey, was 16 when they got together and he was 22-23; that's generally at or well beyond the outer limit on most people's tolerance for age gaps involving teenagers, but he then continued to fuck around with and date underage teenagers well into his late 20s and early 30s. He's definitely not on the same level of scumbag as Ryan is, but given how many girls he left in his wake, he's coming quite close.

I'm honestly shocked that the whole shebang wasn't better documented here; his live breakdown on stream was fucking brutal to watch, not the least because he was either deep in the throes of bipolar rapid cycling, or was full on faking the anguish he was portraying during his whole apology stream. It might have gotten more attention if this had happened 5-6 years ago, when he was at his peak popularity.

Anyway, tangent aside, he really wasn't doing much with Youtube in the last few years and stuck to Twitch primarily. That leads me to believe that, like Ryan, he was probably finding his targets through Twitch instead of elsewhere. So I once again don't think there's anything wrong with banning him from the platform when it's clear that he was abusing it.

Please don't give him any ideas. He'd do it in a heartbeat.
I must've missed cry's trainwreck apology stream, sadly. You have any idea if it was archived somewhere?

Most Dumbest Bitch

[LGBT] Leader of Antifa
kiwifarms.net
I must've missed cry's trainwreck apology stream, sadly. You have any idea if it was archived somewhere?

Did a bit of digging and found it on Reddit. I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure the actual clip was longer than this. Notice how he goes from blubbering and sobbing one second to a completely neutral tone once the music goes off - I genuinely think he was rapid cycling, since he has been upfront about having bipolar disorder and the quickness of him going from neutral to depressed to manic to neutral all over again is pretty textbook. Alternately, he could be full on faking, but he's REALLY dedicated to the bit if so. Either way, I don't feel anything for him but pity.

If you're interested in a pretty good summation of the events, I first learned all of my info from this video. It's actually a three-part series, and in fairness the first video is kind of rough - the person who posted it mentions it being their 5th video ever, so it's understandably poorly edited - but the latter two videos are pretty good and share the info without being too superfluous. I recommend them if you want a full breakdown of what all happened and who in the Late Night Crew knew what; Russ's stream in particular is pretty heartbreaking.

Anyway, to get this back on topic, it's somewhat interesting to me that Ryan didn't deign to give a proper apology. Say what you want about Cry - and I mean that, because he's a fucking piece of shit - but he did take explicit ownership for what he did, didn't argue with any of his victims, and apologized. Ryan, by contrast, gave a half-assed apology in which he (falsely) insisted that he didn't do anything illegal, argued with multiple victims and tried to pressure them into keeping quiet, and when that didn't work, tried to casually slide back into public view with that subscriber message. Similar situations, but completely different responses from the accused; Cry, at the very least, is making a good show of accepting his wrongdoing. Ryan can't even do that much. It's kind of sad for him, honestly.

theworstkindofeurofag

kiwifarms.net
Did a bit of digging and found it on Reddit. I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure the actual clip was longer than this. Notice how he goes from blubbering and sobbing one second to a completely neutral tone once the music goes off - I genuinely think he was rapid cycling, since he has been upfront about having bipolar disorder and the quickness of him going from neutral to depressed to manic to neutral all over again is pretty textbook. Alternately, he could be full on faking, but he's REALLY dedicated to the bit if so. Either way, I don't feel anything for him but pity.

If you're interested in a pretty good summation of the events, I first learned all of my info from this video. It's actually a three-part series, and in fairness the first video is kind of rough - the person who posted it mentions it being their 5th video ever, so it's understandably poorly edited - but the latter two videos are pretty good and share the info without being too superfluous. I recommend them if you want a full breakdown of what all happened and who in the Late Night Crew knew what; Russ's stream in particular is pretty heartbreaking.
thanks for the info, sorry for derailing the thread.

Man, that was rough to listen to. I do feel for cry, I hope he's gotten help since then.

I'm kinda astonished that Ryan has never uploaded a sobbing apology video. Ryan isn't even attempting to pretend that he's sorry lol.

Most Dumbest Bitch

[LGBT] Leader of Antifa
kiwifarms.net
I'm kinda astonished that Ryan has never uploaded a sobbing apology video. Ryan isn't even attempting to pretend that he's sorry lol.

Never say never. The day is still young, my friend.

In all sincerity, the only way I can see this happening is if he attempts to remake his Twitch account - I think by now he knows that it's gonna take a miracle to get his career back, and he definitely thinks he's been given the gift of acting by god, so I won't be surprised if he goes full on stage actor and starts sobbing on stream about how his life has fallen apart. It will be interesting to compare it to the video of Jack and Michael talking about him, where at the very least Michael was definitely beside himself (I can see the argument for Jack faking his crying, but it honestly did seem real to me).

You're funnier when I post things to make you mad
kiwifarms.net
I genuinely think he was rapid cycling, since he has been upfront about having bipolar disorder and the quickness of him going from neutral to depressed to manic to neutral all over again is pretty textboo
That isn't how bipolar works, rapid cycling is not being the Joker. You aren't laughing one minute and crying the next. It's mood waves take weeks or months to shift and the manic episodes are super happy cheerful moods while the depressions are super low moods and then more balanced between the two as weeks pass. If you're cycling moods in the space of minutes you have a very different mental problem.

Twitch bans are the person. Some times they let you appear on someone else's stream but they're responsible if you break the rules. You can't be the other streams host but a podcast co host or a guest is acceptable usually.

Your NSA Handler

Glowing. Watching. Laughing.
kiwifarms.net
I am still blown away by this fact. Ryan being a complete and total narcissist is the only thing that makes any sense, because from any other perspective - including the most horrible self-serving ones - giving a seemingly genuine apology makes the most sense, because it'll salvage a bit of your humanity in at least some people's eyes. Maybe even enough to have a fanbase. But he won't do it, and the only explanation is that apologizing would wound his ego so badly he can't bring himself to do it.

What really throws me is that in videos Ryan never gave that vibe of being unable to apologize/admit fault. Maybe he's able to separate games from things that matter (ironically making his behavior all the worse), but the narcissists I've known are almost universally unable to disconnect their egos from even the most trivial things, especially a work environment.

Or maybe he's not a narcissist, he's just an asshole and retard. Doesn't need a diagnosis.

pephickshigh

kiwifarms.net
Never say never. The day is still young, my friend.

In all sincerity, the only way I can see this happening is if he attempts to remake his Twitch account - I think by now he knows that it's gonna take a miracle to get his career back, and he definitely thinks he's been given the gift of acting by god, so I won't be surprised if he goes full on stage actor and starts sobbing on stream about how his life has fallen apart. It will be interesting to compare it to the video of Jack and Michael talking about him, where at the very least Michael was definitely beside himself (I can see the argument for Jack faking his crying, but it honestly did seem real to me).

Depending on how much money he has saved up he could always do what Anthony Cumia did with his small Long Island based podcast network and create his own website and paid streaming service. That way he wouldn't have to apologize and still monetize from his most sociopathic fans.

Most Dumbest Bitch

[LGBT] Leader of Antifa
kiwifarms.net
That isn't how bipolar works, rapid cycling is not being the Joker. You aren't laughing one minute and crying the next. It's mood waves take weeks or months to shift and the manic episodes are super happy cheerful moods while the depressions are super low moods and then more balanced between the two as weeks pass. If you're cycling moods in the space of minutes you have a very different mental problem.

I'm not trying to dismiss what you've said, because you're right, but rapid cycling CAN happen all in the same day in certain circumstances. It's not the norm, and the majority of people with bipolar disorder go through those changes over a much longer period of time (as you've stated), but a heightened state of emotion certainly can cause a person to go through multiple cycles in a much shorter period of time - and he was definitely in a heightened emotional state, given that he was prostrating himself before his fanbase after years of grooming teenage girls.

As I stated before, I'm pretty sure the original stream highlight was much longer - over an hour, if memory serves - and he wasn't flipping back and forth like Two Face, nor did I mean to make it sound like he was. It was a gradual shift between each mood change - first he was crying, then he slowly stopped crying as the music turned off and talked in a more neutral voice, then later he got extremely angry to the point of yelling, so on and so forth. Again, not trying to make it sound like everyone who has bipolar disorder is screaming and manic every three seconds, just commenting on what I noticed.

What really throws me is that in videos Ryan never gave that vibe of being unable to apologize/admit fault.

I actually disagree with this. Almost every time Ryan got into an argument with someone, he would refuse to back down even when the other person was making a good point or was straight up correct.

For example, remember the coin argument? (Ryan can be heard in the background arguing with Gavin in the first clip too, but the argument that's solely between him and Gavin starts at 1:50.) Him and Gavin sound like they're getting genuinely heated over it, and I will be fair and say that Gavin's persistence in bringing it up probably contributed to his irritation - but the crazy thing is that, if you think about it for two seconds, Gavin is definitely right; statistically your chances of producing the same result multiple times always go down. Ryan should know that, but instead he refuses to back down and keeps arguing over it.

Or how about the Destiny raid where Ryan had a full-on tantrum over being told that he wasn't the only one contributing? I didn't watch the full stream/video, but Michael's tone at the start of this clip is heavily exasperated, which leads me to believe Ryan must've been bitching about "no one else doing anything" for quite a while. Jack poking the bear definitely didn't help, but it's clear everyone was getting fed up with his complaining given that even Jeremy and Alfredo took a little pot shot at him. Even so, everyone tries to rally and move past it, but Ryan just won't let it go and ends up throwing the mission out of spite (when Alfredo says not to shoot the chalice yet and Ryan does so immediately).

Funny enough, rewatching this clip with the benefit of hindsight makes it clear what really set him off - Michael tells Ryan he needs to have sex more (a known sticking point for Ryan the Cheating Guy), and Jeremy calls him a freak. He was getting loud before that when he started whining about being "entertainers" and "wanting to make a good video," but his entire demeanor changes after Jeremy and Michael chime in. It's actually better if you watch it happen, because the shift in his expression is like day and night. Here's a video with the AH Animated overlayed so you can compare the two. (Timestamp is at 7:21 if it doesn't work, but I recommend watching the entire thing if you can be bothered; the full experience is really edifying.)

Now, if we want to be really generous, we can grant that perhaps he really didn't hear Alfredo say not to shoot the chalice yet (which I doubt, but let's go with it for argument's sake). The correct thing to do would've been to say "aw fuck, sorry guys I didn't hear him, that's my bad," but he does not do that. Instead he acts like it was intentional, and redirects blame onto Alfredo for not "explaining as they go" (which is a transparently insane idea), and then the others for getting mad at him for fucking them over. He continues doubling down again and again and pissing everyone around him off, making it their fault and screaming at them, to the point that even ALFREDO lets loose on him. Which, I must say, was quite cathartic.

I'm sure there's more clips I could find that showcase this, but I think this is clear enough. The coin argument is a small-scale example of it, but his behavior in the Destiny raid hits all the major markers of narcissism: self-importance and exaggerating his accomplishments (insists that he's the only one killing in the game when that's demonstrably false), a sense of entitlement and monopolizing the conversation (deliberately talks over Alfredo as he's in the middle of explaining the game plan), an unwillingness to admit to any wrongdoing or incorrectness (doesn't admit that he screwed up shooting the chalice and tries to turn it back on Alfredo instead), and a disproportionately enraged response to criticism (gets increasingly angry the more everyone else expresses their displeasure with what he did, and of course, his response to Jeremy calling him a freak).

Of course, as you said, the other alternative is that he's just a dick. He does fit quite a few of these markers based on what all we know about him, but given that what we know is limited by nature, it would be just as fair to say that he's an asshole. The two things aren't mutually exclusive, either.

Your NSA Handler

Glowing. Watching. Laughing.
kiwifarms.net
Coins and the Salt Raid? Getting into the deep lore here.

The coin thing was stupid because (as I think Michael said) they were arguing two different points. Every time you flip a coin the odds of it landing either way are 50%, so even if you've flipped a coin 300 times and landed heads, the chance that the next one lands heads is still 50% (Ryan's point). But statistically, the odds of getting to that point are astronomically low (Gavin's point). It's one data point versus many. I actually was annoyed by both of them because neither of them were able to drop it.

Re: The Salt Raid, yeah Ryan was completely embarrassing, to the point that I've never actually watched that video all the way through because it just wasn't a fun viewing experience. But the thing is that's one occurrence in multiple years and thousands of hours of content. The only other time I can think of is when Jack was poking fun at him in some Battle Royale game while he was doing poorly, leading to a pretty hilarious outburst, but on the other hand Jack was deliberately going for a reaction and it wasn't nearly as unreasonable as the Salt Raid. It still does have the "boy I look bad so I'm gonna lash out" trait to it, though.

(As an aside, Ryan later admitted on stream to feeling pretty bad about both the salt raid and the battle royale outbursts, but of course his channel is gone now so I can't verify that)

Really though, if I'm looking at all the videos he's been in, he has made plenty of terrible plays or fucked things up before and never reacted so awfully. Maybe it's the world's most minor case of NPD, and he just has to be in a truly terrible position to lash out when his ego gets wounded. I'd guess that maybe Ryan was often not in such a situation. As I said, the Salt Raid was an exceptionally miserable experience that they failed for a long time so maybe it pushed him more than AH normally would.

Another example would be being put publicly on blast for fucking teenage fans.

ToddleDoddle

kiwifarms.net
Don't get me wrong, Ryan should be a divorced man living in a one bedroom apartment right now but even the moderators themselves mentioned they'd pass along info to Ryan about girls that wanted to chat one-on-one with him and they're sitting pretty.
Can't say I'm not disappointed though, this return had the potential to be something more, I didn't want to see it stifled so soon.
With Twitch when you get perma'd is it just the account that's banned or the person themself?
Perma banned means you are gone, you aren't even allowed to appear on other people's twitch streams.

Nothing To See Here

wedge scholar
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, the whole of Roosterteeth is super depressing. I watched all the RvB stuff, their early Minecraft and GTA Let's Plays... Even aside from the whole "ranks of creeps within their midst", they've just gotten shitty and boring frankly. It's like watching some animal with a necrotic wound that you're watching get eaten from the inside out, wishing it'd just get put out of its misery already.

Most Dumbest Bitch

[LGBT] Leader of Antifa
kiwifarms.net
Should be pointed out that he was banned right around the new ToS dropped for Twitch which includes a variety of rules connected to nudes. Ruleset has already been mocked, since words like thot or simp can be deemed bannable offences. Link for the curious.

How much do we want to bet that the Ryan situation inspired a lot of these changes? Especially this one:

1611520936526.png

This describes almost to the letter his entire relationship with Katie B and that DDLG anon. The others are understandably more vague, and the situation with him fits into most, if not all of them, but this one in particular screams "Ryan Haywood".

Were there rules in place for dealing with sexual harassment of fans and streamers before this?

Anchors-Away

kiwifarms.net
How much do we want to bet that the Ryan situation inspired a lot of these changes? Especially this one:

This describes almost to the letter his entire relationship with Katie B and that DDLG anon. The others are understandably more vague, and the situation with him fits into most, if not all of them, but this one in particular screams "Ryan Haywood".

Were there rules in place for dealing with sexual harassment of fans and streamers before this?
Alas Ryan's actions aren't tied to this, but likely helped fast track it.

Last year when a heap of "cancels" happened in the various media spaces, it slowly impacted Twitch. Smash and the FGC got hit the worst, what with the death of EVO included. Addtionally and you can take this with a grain of salt, a former member of Twitch staff Hassan (Not to be confused with TYT Hasan) was rumoured to collect nudes in exchange for removing punishments/bans from notable female streamers. He had a seemingly "quite departure" from Twitch when the drama was ramping up on social media.