Careercow Adam White / Chibi / Chibinekodemyx / Aquana / ShinyAquana - Cringeworthy Speedrunner Extraordinaire

DerSandstrom

Gendergaseous Peter-pansexual
kiwifarms.net
I'm kinda surprised there isn't a thread on this guy yet, considering all of the drama that's happened with him over the past few months. But for the uninitiated, here's a brief dossier on this guy:

The speedrunning community is full of autism and oddities in general (especially unbelievable amounts of rage. Pure, undistilled rage). Chibi is one of the bigger lolcows on this circuit. He is a 24 (soon to be 25)- year old "professional speedrunner" who has gained a significant amount of infamy in the speedrunning community for several well-known events. He first became known to a large majority of the YouTube community from this awkward and cringeworthy performance at SGDQ 2014.

If you guessed he's the guy in the green jacket, then you're winner. Several other facts to consider during this video:

- He didn't even know CavemanDCJ (the guy who did the speedrun).
- SGDQ 2014 was during his birthday.

- Condoms. SGDQ. It shouldn't come as a surprise that they were unused.

Usually, this wouldn't warrant a thread to the guy. He'd just become another member of the shining Hall of Cringe. But then this controversy happened:

This was a pretty huge scandal in the community and completely destroyed whatever reputation he had. A random interruption from his mother during one stream as well didn't help matters whatsoever.

His home life is actually kind of saddening, for the mother. Her husband died recently and he made her promise him that Chibi would straighten up and try to forge a life for himself, away from the computer. The fact that Chibi acts like a total asshole to his mother (regardless of whether or not he is a legal adult) is disheartening, especially when this "job" he has is part-time work at a Shell gas station.

This is when the I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME and trolling start to come into play, eventually leading to wave after wave of pizzas and prank calls delivered to Chibi's household, culminating in this:

Speedrunning "career": Pretty much rekt. He's still trying to stream, but who knows how it will go considering all the drama that has occurred. Oh yeah, he also came out as "bisexual" when gay marriage was legalized in the United States, much to the disapproval of his mother.

What will Chibi do when he cannot accept true love? Besides play vidya? Stay tuned for more!

BONUS: Here's CavemanDCJ talking about Chibi after the stream. Hear how hardcore and edgy he sounds.

"I would've totally kicked his ass!" No, you wouldn't have, sir. Not a chance.

Last edited:

Abby

kiwifarms.net
Lolcow or not, Chibi is the king of cringe. Just look at his twitter at any given day and he's saying something weird. I don't think Chibi's a bad guy, he's just autistic, has literally no social ability, and just wants to play video games for a living. If you're browsing his twitter, take a drink every time he retweets a female streamer's picture or tweets at a girl and gets no response. He can lay it on pretty thick.

Also, he was planning on taking out an $8000 loan and donating it to the kickstarter for Yooka-Laylee, so that he could get a part as a voice actor in the game. It was one of the perks for the Kickstarter.

Oh, and theres this:

Fun fact, the collar burnt up in a fire. Just like Chris's classic sweater. (:_(

LyR

kiwifarms.net
IIRC correctly he has legit autism. Not sure if he's really a lolcow though (yet)
Just read his recent tweets. You'll feel like an idiot for doubting his lolcow status.
Also, http://abload.de/img/8tuwy.jpg

Reminder he tried to kill himself by taking a shot of laundry detergent and then strangling himself with his own hands.
Some even say that CWC is more stable than Chibi; I wouldn't go that far, but during the stoneage...

Speedrunning in and of itself is autism central. You can find endless material and potential lolcows it's not even funny. That's why I'm wondering why this forum still has no gaming category/sub forum for gaming related lolcows. We have enough popular gaming related lolcows like Brianna Wu, DSP & even CWC had his roots in gaming.

Last edited:

Ferls

Not Farael
kiwifarms.net
- He didn't even know CavemanDCJ (the guy who did the speedrun).
I wonder how he even got on the couch. From what I understand, the people on the couch get chosen by the runner. Or maybe that's a new rule to prevent this stuff from happening.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't get through all the videos. I had a feeling it was just him inviting himself to the couch.

Last edited:

Sanae Kochiya

afk Shrine Maiden
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just wanna throw this out there and this might be revealing my power level, but... I do have some level of respect for these guys. I know it's extremely... autistic to play a game to such obsessive lengths to get a title that no one will care about, but hell, just the way they can streamline games and complete them in an insanely short amount of time is just fascinating to me, and I'm always enthralled when I see someone speedrun a game I like using some silly glitches or just some weird approaches to finishing them.

That being said, I won't deny that these guys act just... extremely awkward. I know that achieving a world record (of sorts) can be exciting, but some of their reactions are just... well, weird.

Oh, and did not know about Chibi's little scandal there. Yeah, going back on what I said earlier, there's some modicum of effort put into these speedruns, so people who cheat for their title are pretty much reprehensible shitheads in my opinion.

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
kiwifarms.net
I remember when I first heard about Chibi from that jumping jack shit. I didn't know what to think about him other than that he was just oblivious and overzealous.

To be perfectly honest, if you give a shit about speedrunning, you're pathetic anyway. I'm half expecting the S.W.A.T. team to storm his house on livestream, because swatting is the kind of shit losers gamers do.

Last edited:

Jace E. Denton

Apprentice Asshole
kiwifarms.net
Just wanna throw this out there and this might be revealing my power level, but... I do have some level of respect for these guys. I know it's extremely... autistic to play a game to such obsessive lengths to get a title that no one will care about, but hell, just the way they can streamline games and complete them in an insanely short amount of time is just fascinating to me, and I'm always enthralled when I see someone speedrun a game I like using some silly glitches or just some weird approaches to finishing them.

That being said, I won't deny that these guys act just... extremely awkward. I know that achieving a world record (of sorts) can be exciting, but some of their reactions are just... well, weird.

Oh, and did not know about Chibi's little scandal there. Yeah, going back on what I said earlier, there's some modicum of effort put into these speedruns, so people who cheat for their title are pretty much reprehensible shitheads in my opinion.
I find some speedruns entertaining as long as it isn't tool assisted (like that one Chrono Trigger glitch/TAS run that literally ends in like 15 seconds, been a while since I watched it though, but it is outright exceptional). The thing is, I like it when 'normal' gamers speedrun it on pure skill, that is what is fun to watch. The general community is mostly made up of autistics though, and honestly, only a mega autist has the time or level of interest to repetitively play a game dozens or hundreds of times just to be able to beat it .7 seconds faster or something. Some of the methods and flaws they find in the games are neat, but let's not sugarcoat it, they're mostly top tier autistics and breaking down video games is their autistic special interest.

Anyway, Chibi seems pretty strange, but I am not feeling the vibe I feel with most lolcows, which is that feeling of them bringing shit on themselves and often deserving what they get. I kind of just felt bad for Chibi watching a lot of these videos. He doesn't seem to ever rage at anyone and he seems just sad when he is being trolled, in some of those videos where his mom yells at him, you can see him wiping tears away and trying really hard not to break down. My impression is that he has never fit in at any point in his life, but he doesn't seem bitter about it like a lot of lolcows, he just seems to only want to have some decent friends. I might be wrong, he might start lashing out and inviting the trolling, but I don't see how his social fuckups alone warrant people ordering pizzas to his house and shit. He is clearly a major autist, at that 2014 event he showed the most common autistic social problem, which is not understanding the social boundaries of verbal communications, a lot of autistics literally can not comprehend when to stop talking, like it just does not exist in their brains until someone tells them to stop.

About the only thing we can condemn him for is that speedrun cheating, I dislike cheating, but it probably goes hand in hand with him wanting to be appreciated by someone, sometimes people cheat their way into looking good so they can fit into a group because they are insecure that they won't be liked otherwise. But to me speedrunning is a niche thing so I am sure the hardcore fans see it as more of a crime than I do, but it isn't like he was caught toggling an aimbot in CS league play or something.

At best he is a very minor lolcalf IMO. We will see if he ever goes cow or starts chimping out.

LyR

kiwifarms.net
Just wanna throw this out there and this might be revealing my power level, but... I do have some level of respect for these guys...
Don't worry, you can already kinda guess someones power level based on the avatar they use. :^)

There is actually nothing wrong with liking/watching speedruns. I've been following the scene since the very early Quake days. Recently there was the ESA (European Speedster Assembly) and those guys always do some show which they stream during huge LAN events like Dreamhack in Sweden. It's normal people doing their thing. No eDrama and the autism level is relatively low but that's also the reason people barely are aware of those guys and almost nobody cares compared to the North American scene and their eCelebs.

What really is the downfall of Speedrunning is not the subject matter at hand but rather the baffling community who ruins it for the majority and is giving the whole thing a bad name. As it's always the case with such things.
Here an example, the pattern is always the same,

>watch a "glitchless" speedrun
>runner uses tons of obvious glitches/bugs/not intended routes
>runner gets called out
>says real glitchless runs aren't possible, deletes comments, making it sound like it's hopelessly arbitrary to define glitches/bugs/what's intentional, but a lot of games have pretty arbitrary definitions
>also every glitchless thread at speeddemosarchive or any speedrun forum ever
>"IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY" i.e. tons of mind-boggling stupid anecdotes & analogies
>someone makes a reasonable comparison to real life sports which have time trials and how easy it would be to abuse loopholes there but there are rules in place to prevent that (athletics, motorsport etc.)
>autism overload

Yo, what the fuck is wrong with these people. Can't their autistic brains not comprehend that no glitches means no glitches.

Also, here some more Chibi material.

Last edited:

Abby

kiwifarms.net
Chibi is doing cringey stuff again. He's hosting a funeral service for Satoru Iwata tonight. He said losing Iwata was like losing his father all over again. He's gonna be hosting call ins and singing songs from Earthbound or something. It sounds rough.

twitch.tv/chibi for those interested.

To make a quick note, I don't think Chibi is fun to troll or anything. Like others said, he doesn't really lash out and just gets sad. The fun of following Chibi, like many of those spoken of on this forum, is in watching from the outside and seeing them make fools of themselves. Chibi will do bizarre and strange things without being prodded, like wanting to take out a loan to donate to that Banjo game or making a fool of himself at a speedrunning convention.

Sanae Kochiya

afk Shrine Maiden
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's hosting a funeral service for Satoru Iwata tonight. He said losing Iwata was like losing his father all over again. He's gonna be hosting call ins and singing songs from Earthbound or something. It sounds rough.
That... doesn't even sound funny to me. That just sounds sad. I know the guy kinda torpedoed his reputation by cheating on a speedrun, but this doesn't really sound like something that I would want to try and get lulz out of. Sounds like he's trying to pay his respects like a lot of other people that respected Iwata, like Chris did.

I'll probably poke in on his stream and watch a bit, but honestly I hope nothing bad happens.

EDIT

To the Kiwis that may be interested in viewing this event, as of the time I'm editing this post, 2:27 PM PST, the Stream is approximately 45 minutes from starting. If you wanna take a peek at this service, it should start at around 3:00 PST. Adjust accordingly.

And forgive me if this is power leveling, but this is still supposed to be in honor of Iwata. As cringeworthy as it might be, let's not try to cause any drama.

Sanae Kochiya

afk Shrine Maiden
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chibi Stream:

After an eulogy, Chibi has started to sing songs in tribute of Iwata. I'm sorry, but he's an absolutely terrible singer. Like, he isn't Chris bad, but he's more like that guy who is drunkenly singing karaoke that makes you want to stop singing and just leave the room.

Twitch chat has devolved into a war between Chibi's supporters and subs and the Chibi trolls that are posting usual Twitch shit and trolling him. It's a mess.

EDIT

Stream update. Twitch chat is squarely divided amongst three people, at least imo:

1) Chibi supporters and subscribers, who support Chibi's efforts and find it endearing, if a little bit odd.

2) Twitch trolls, you know. The guys that spam Kappa and all of the pictures of people shitting. They're all idiots.

3) Trolls that are claiming that Chibi is "selling out" and using Iwata's death for profit. I'm not gonna claim anything on this.

EDIT

Stream update again. Sub mode has been turned on, likely due to an excessive use of literal shitposting and Kappa.

EDIT

Stream over.

Last edited:

Lalala

Just here to see the circus
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Stream update again. Sub mode has been turned on, likely due to an excessive use of literal shitposting and Kappa.
Yeah just popped in myself in time to see Sub mode come off, a barrage of people saying he was using Iwata's death to get subs and stuff about cheeky Nandos before it went right back on, I think it was off for like 5 seconds.
Update: And now the stream is over and the subbed users are standing on a soapbox preaching about how the haters are mean in the chat.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino