Careercow Adam White / Chibi / Chibinekodemyx / Aquana / ShinyAquana - Cringeworthy Speedrunner Extraordinaire, now bared naked

• Sorry about the recent downtime. The database server is being autistic. The beatings will continue.

William Shatner

multi faceted actor
kiwifarms.net
Chibi has:
* no connections in the industry
* no programming skills
* no storytelling skills
* probably doesn't know a second language
* no plan B to fall back if his endeauvouirs fail
* an embarassing internet footprint

I don't see any major game studio hiring him at his current state but he still could overcome all of these flaws if it were not for one thing: He has the maturity of a 15 year old boy who Idolizes Kojima (but in Chibi's case is Nintendo ofc)

1598039428869.png
Would you hire a 30 year old that post pictures like this?

Gamepad

kiwifarms.net
Chibi has:
* no programming skills
* no storytelling skills

I don't see any major game studio hiring him at his current state but he still could overcome all of these flaws if it were not for one thing: He has the maturity of a 15 year old boy who Idolizes Kojima (but in Chibi's case is Nintendo ofc)
If he could swallow his pride and ego, he could try working for one of those QA consulting firms and wedge his way in. Though, that still takes skills and talent to stick out since those firms hire from the bottom of the barrel by the dozen.

But I totally expect him to get sacked after taking a selfie with confidential info in the shot to try and brag on Twitter. That's how the really dumb fuckers get relegated to being stuck into a stuffy room instead of being sent to a big client's offices.

Also, that footprint is definitely getting in the way. The CavemanDCJ video is still getting passed around.

Zhoban

Bougie von Savage
kiwifarms.net
Chibi has:
* no programming skills
* no storytelling skills

View attachment 1537207
He'd never survive life at a legitimate game design school like DigiPen, which would exclude him from having the credentials for getting into legit studios like Blizzard, Valve, Epic, etc. Plus, even with the misogynistic culture of most studios, AAA ones would see Chibi as a walking fucking liability, with his bad reputation from his social ineptitude, associations with blacklisted speedrunners and the rape threat accusations against him.

If Chibi were to become competent, his best bet would be to take the indie dev route, like Edmund McMillen. If he produced a good enough demo, his following would likely be willing to pay for copies of whatever he'd release on Steam. The only - the biggest - thing holding him back is himself, with his attention deficit. The only things somewhat considerable in scale he's completed include his pointless fan dub and his custom Aquana sprites.

William Shatner

multi faceted actor
kiwifarms.net
He'd never survive life at a legitimate game design school like DigiPen, which would exclude him from having the credentials for getting into legit studios like Blizzard, Valve, Epic, etc. Plus, even with the misogynistic culture of most studios, AAA ones would see Chibi as a walking fucking liability, with his bad reputation from his social ineptitude, associations with blacklisted speedrunners and the rape threat accusations against him.

If Chibi were to become competent, his best bet would be to take the indie dev route, like Edmund McMillen. If he produced a good enough demo, his following would likely be willing to pay for copies of whatever he'd release on Steam. The only - the biggest - thing holding him back is himself, with his attention deficit. The only things somewhat considerable in scale he's completed include his pointless fan dub and his custom Aquana sprites.
Attention Deficit isn't really an excuse though, I have ADHD and I finished High School being one of the top students and speaking a second languague, I DID have a horrible time adjusting to the real world because teachers hold your hand a lot. My boss in my first job once told me to get something she forgot on her car, when she was leaving for home she notice I left the doors unlocked, needless to say I almost lost the job but the experience thoughened me up.

Chibi's biggest problem is that his mother sheltered him for too long.

Grog

kiwifarms.net

On the off chance that he mentions this ever again, I’m sure I speak for a lot of us when I say I look forward to the tweets of him asking his followers for help with basic algebra
"They say the definition of insanity is repeating the same action expecting a different result."

No fuck you retard, that isn't the definition of insanity, that's a catchy quote from a capeshit movie for manchildren.

Qi Meng Dealer

kiwifarms.net
I don’t know much about the path to becoming a “game designer” but I’m pretty sure it’s an offshoot of computer science/computer programming. A degree that requires a ton of math. I stress again that last time Chibi was in community college, he would regularly ask his Twitter followers for help with algebra that many of us took as freshman in highschool, while he was probably in a little classroom. It’s also very convenient that he announces that right as fall semester has already begun for most schools. That gives him four whole months for the 10 people that liked his tweet to forget about it, and for him to think up reasons why it won’t work out and he’s instead gonna stream full time from mom’s basement while he looks for a house.
Game design really does have a lot of math involved, at least for more complex games, even if a game design course never touched anything about programming. Balancing, say, a MOBA game, you can't just increase one value then call it a day. There's a whole load of knock-on effects that comes with a nerf or buff, so a designer is expected to analyze and compute the effects of that buff in reference to the other characters' skills, see if it's too much of a change that breaks the game or at least influences the meta too much in one direction.

If Chibi can't even get basic algebra right, he's severely limiting himself to the sort of games he could design, and that's not good in the eyes of potential employers.

If Chibi ends up at one of those "scamiversities" that advertise on late night TV, his game design course will be glorified art classes and things like "level design".
Yeah, Chibi's the sort of guy who believes commercials like this:

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
The live-action 101 Dalmatians was actually worse for this.

The guy would spend god-knows how long writing the story, creating and animating graphics, designing levels, composing the music, and programming all of it into a playable game by himself. He would then take the completed project to a supposedly genius kid, and if genius kid didn't like it, too bad. His game wouldn't be published and he'd have to troubleshoot all over again. What the fucking fuck.

Aggron

#306 Iron Armor Pokemon
kiwifarms.net
Chibi has:
* no programming skills
* no storytelling skills

View attachment 1537207
The fact he's 30 gives me both a deep hope for my future, and a deep fear for potentially wasting my time now. I remember watching his Paper Mario speedrun mom clip and feeling this immensely.

PLB

kiwifarms.net
Balancing, say, a MOBA game, you can't just increase one value then call it a day. There's a whole load of knock-on effects that comes with a nerf or buff, so a designer is expected to analyze and compute the effects of that buff in reference to the other characters' skills, see if it's too much of a change that breaks the game or at least influences the meta too much in one direction.
From my experience playing mobas i think you are way too optimistic about how they decide on balance changes.

The Fool

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't understand the "programming = math" myth. It's completely incorrect. Most programming involves software architecture, having experience with the software environment and designing a system that not only does what it's required to do without any flaws, but have the ability to be extended and modified in the future. You only need math in game design for physics and path finding. A* you can just copypaste from StackOverflow, and nobody writes physics engines anymore, they just use someone else's, especially AAA studios since they all use Havok.

Chibi would be even more fucked if it was demanded of him to be a software engineer than a mathematician. Math is easy, you just have to memorize a bunch of shit, even he could do it if he got off his ass and gave it some thought. Software architecture and engineering is something you only learn through experience with years of trial and error and learning from other's mistakes, it's more like smithing or glass blowing.

He'd also have to learn drawing, texturing, modeling, and composing, all of which are enough work and require enough talent to need one man per field. It's a common misconception that one just needs to know how to program to make a game, the engine is only the foundation though. It's the graphics and music that bring it to life, unless you're totally indifferent to that and just want to make Dwarf Fortress.

I don't think Chibi could reasonably pursue a genuine indie career (read: not viral/gimmicky like yandev) because it would require a lifetime of solitary study and honing skills. He needs attention, you don't get attention sitting in front of an editor.

Although fortunately for him you don't need to know anything whatsoever to make a game, Notch is a testament to that. Mojang had to completely rewrite his trash codebase. And then rewrite it again because they fucked it up. If he really wanted he could easily just fire up Unity, throw in some premade assets and just hope and pray to his chaos god of choice that he makes it like yandev did.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
That's not even the worst of it. Positions like that exist, they have to, but it's not what most people think. First of all the money is absolute shit. You're looking at $12 an hour and you're going to spend every moment there playing the same level or section over and over and over again taking care to record every single issue or bug no matter how small for weeks at a time. And if you find a bug then you need to test it over and over and over again to see if it always pops up. It's mind numbing busy work and it's not going to get you any kind of cred either.

Chibi has no skills. No real education he can use and an internet footprint showing him at his worst. There is no way that any industry will hire him unless they either pay low wages, have a high turnover rate or literally don't care.

Gamepad

kiwifarms.net
That's not even the worst of it. Positions like that exist, they have to, but it's not what most people think. First of all the money is absolute shit. You're looking at $12 an hour and you're going to spend every moment there playing the same level or section over and over and over again taking care to record every single issue or bug no matter how small for weeks at a time. And if you find a bug then you need to test it over and over and over again to see if it always pops up. It's mind numbing busy work and it's not going to get you any kind of cred either.

Chibi has no skills. No real education he can use and an internet footprint showing him at his worst. There is no way that any industry will hire him unless they either pay low wages, have a high turnover rate or literally don't care.
12$ is pretty generous for that high turnover position, I've seen lower most of the time. And there's still the expectation that Chibi even has the skills to do that job in the first place.

• Agree
Reactions: Draza and The Fool

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
12$ is pretty generous for that high turnover position, I've seen lower most of the time. And there's still the expectation that Chibi even has the skills to do that job in the first place.
$12 an hour is great if you don't actually have to pay for grown up things like rent and food. And I would assume that part of the reason they pay that much is because most people that wind up working in that position leave after a month or so. But it's hardly the entry level position to a games studio that you want to get.