Addiction - drugs, booze, pills, whatever(I

Mrs Paul

Yinzer Kiwi
kiwifarms.net
I've got a long family history of alcoholism. I lost my godmother to an infection related to alcolism (what really sucks is that she was that she only had started getting sober).
People want to get high? I'm all for legalizing pot. But instead of criminalizing this shit, perhaps we should address it as the disorder that it truely is, rather than just toss people in jail.

(I don't give a shit if I make a lolcow out of myself. I'm terrified of becoming what my aunt was. :(

keksz

Verified nobody
kiwifarms.net
That's rough, OP. As long as you learn from their mistakes and have the conviction not to go down the same path, chances are you'll do much better.

A friend of mine who was pretty hardcore at an young age told me back then: drugs are not the issue, the issue is whatever keeps brining you back into drugs. May sound cheap but it's so true.

Also a lot of illegal drugs out there are infinitely safer than tobacco and alcohol, in the least as far as addiction goes. Mushrooms and ganja, for example.

Kartoffel

kiwifarms.net
I always knew that if I didn't take an decisive anti-stance to certain substances I'd be in serious danger to become addicted.
Yes, doing it this way is far easier than trying it with moderation, but when you have a personality that craves for control it is seriously the safer way to go.

Does your family also have a history of stuff like AD(H)D? Many substances can interfere with your brain chemistry and it's not that uncommon that people use these to medicate themselves unknowingly. Then it would be a lot healthier to get a proper diagnosis and take the right meds.

H

HG 400

kiwifarms.net
I've got a long family history of alcoholism. I lost my godmother to an infection related to alcolism (what really sucks is that she was that she only had started getting sober).
People want to get high? I'm all for legalizing pot. But instead of criminalizing this shit, perhaps we should address it as the disorder that it truely is, rather than just toss people in jail.

(I don't give a shit if I make a lolcow out of myself. I'm terrified of becoming what my aunt was. :(
This is a great place to discuss your personal tragedies, please continue.

Mrs Paul

Yinzer Kiwi
kiwifarms.net
I think it's more like, the last few times I got drunk, I got stinking, fucking, puking all over myself drunk. I don't want that to fucking happen.

Seriously though, let's face it: the way this country deals with drugs and addicts only makes the problem worse. Some kid getting 20 years for selling cocaine? There's something not right about that.

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Shit will hit the fan 4 Chris
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

We need to start looking at why this happens and start looking at ways to prevent it. Catching an addiction before it becomes lethal is a lousy way to treat it.

• Agree
Reactions: Bethari

Tragi-Chan

Godmaster Reverend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We need to start looking at why this happens and start looking at ways to prevent it. Catching an addiction before it becomes lethal is a lousy way to treat it.
The problem is, and this isn't limited to drugs or the USA, that a lot of governments think the best way to treat a problem is to take the easy road. Their thinking is that it's harder to deal with the social causes that drive people to drugs than it is to just chuck people in prison for possession and hope everyone else is scared straight.

I think proper education on drugs would help. I grew up in the UK, and the drug education I received was like something out of Reefer Madness. Heroin addicts were desperate smackheads, acid users were always jumping off buildings, and every urban legend and horror story was true. I assume it's not too different in the US. It just seems kind of immature to me.

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Because politicians always need something to distract from their own incompetence and corruption and blaming some group nobody likes anyway never gets you in trouble.

Chicken Nugget Scoon

Part heaven, part space...
kiwifarms.net

Maybe if you have a beer or two you'll calm your mind a bit, lad.

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
Powerlevel alert: I recently realized that I'm addicted to sugar. Yes this exists. I became kinda fat I thought it was stress but nope. I stoped eating junk food a few days ago. It sucks but I would always overeat and had bad stomach pain the next day. I just can't eat a piece of cake or pizza like normal people. One bite and I there suddenly is a pressure to eat more and more. So I quit. Don't think I can eat like a normal person ever again. But at least I lose that weight and stay healthy.

That's why I hate HAES, gainers, feedees and so on. These guys don't just "like" food. If you always overat you are addicted. They glorify their fucking addiction.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But instead of criminalizing this shit, perhaps we should address it as the disorder that it truely is, rather than just toss people in jail.
(You were talking about marijuana but still...) The disease theory of alcoholism is pretty debatable.

I see it as unnecessarily obscuring the role personal responsibility plays.

Physical addiction certainly does exist. But there's a broad gap between heroin and masturbation.
That's why I hate HAES, gainers, feedees and so on. These guys don't just "like" food. If you always overat you are addicted. They glorify their fucking addiction.
Perhaps for a very loose definition of "addicted".

Well, and there's also the sexual element.

H

HG 400

kiwifarms.net
Powerlevel alert: I recently realized that I'm addicted to sugar. Yes this exists
No it doesn't you're just fat and have no personal willpower or character. Now go attentionwhore somewhere else, the good people here are trying to talk about legitimate addictions to actual drugs, not being worthless fatties who can barely put down the cake long enough to sputter "Hurrr it's basically the same as heroin when you think about it".

ThespianのAnus

honk honk
kiwifarms.net
Amphetamines caused me to have many psychological chimpouts and REAL chimpouts (on uncommon occasions).

I should probably start smoking that jazz cabbage to calm my ass down; it's pretty much legal here now. I am afraid that all the bong water will get to my head though. I'm waiting until injecting THC becomes viable for recreational consumers.

• Feels
Reactions: melty

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm an alcoholic, I think everyone here knows that already
Addiction treatment sucks. 12 step programs are actually one of the least effective treatments for alcoholism but everyone seems to think they are the only way. CBT and drugs are a lot more effective.
Look up "The Sinclair Method," it's been used very effectively in other countries.. I will say it did not completely work for me but it did curb my drinking a lot, so I find it's worth doing.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino