Addiction - drugs, booze, pills, whatever(I

Field Marshal Crappenberg

Marshal of the Latrines
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
It turned into an addictiong, and for years I have suffered from envy, and lack of satisfaction in relationships. I realize however that facebook is pure, voyeuristic poison and I have permanently deleted it. It is an odd feeling not having it for the first time in 8 years, but I feel it's time has come.
Whether it's a full and diagnosable addiction or a negative tendency, you have to do whatever is necessary to eliminate or weaken it if it's that destructive. If the only remedy is complete avoidance, so be it.

Also, off-topic, but, I mentally read your post in Trump's voice because of your avatar. Is anyone else here influenced in that way by a poster's icon?

like cummies.
This comment and your avatar wonderfully compliment each other.

Just like drugs, nobody just starts sticking a needle in their arm just because they want to get loaded, something made them that way, made them turn to those things.

But yeah, I agree wholeheartedly what you said, DirkBloodStormKing. Something made these people that way.
Substance abuse and addiction (the two are actually different) are very complicated subjects and I would rather not write an essay here explaining all of the differences and factors and possibilities. My very succinct response to that is, sometimes people who were otherwise well emotionally really did just start drinking or using drugs because they were curious or wanted to feel better. Something internally was then activated and they were abnormally fixated on it ever since. Of course, some people do turn to substances to medicate trauma such as yours, and I believe with enough abuse someone can become an alcoholic/addict without being born with that predisposition.

Whether someone's a born or made addict/alcoholic is difficult to say and varies from person to person, but certainly those born ones who have trauma or psychological disorders are very likely to try to medicate them, which activates that inborn disease and then reinforces it.

every single one of you is going to stay addicted to whatever you're addicted to

every single one of you is going to die addicted to whatever you're addicted to

i don't even know you all and i can say that with absolute certainty because i know you're sad weaklings with no hope for self-improvement
I had believed I was redeemable until you pointed out I was vermin, and thus rated your post Informative. I shall get drunk and high on everything known to man after I send this, in light of your revelation.

It's really hard to have a discussion about addiction without powerlevelling. Almost everyone knows or is an addict, and very few people know the science behind it, so without personal stories the entire discussion would just be "I think addiction is bad" or "drugs seem pretty cool" over and over.
Well, there are multiple reasons someone could have a heightened familiarity with this topic. People in the medical and psychological professions need to attend some AA meetings to better understand AA and addiction. Psych professionals are trained to understand addiction and do a lot of research. Some live with an addict and thus are highly familiarized with the process and disease. I've never actually disclosed whether I'm a recovered alcoholic (though it'd be the most likely reason), only that I know a great deal about this subject.

That being said, the thread is relevant to people discussing their addictions and is in a different sub-forum from the lolcow one, so it's not really powerleveling to disclose one's battles with addiction here if it's done tastefully.

My biggest issue with being sober atm is just being fucking bored.
There are so many things you could do with your time. You just aren't aware of them and have no inspirations to indulge. There must be aspects of your life that are deficient and could be improved with planning, time, and energy. You must have areas of interest you have wanted to better understand. You could write about various subjects. You could even just purchase and play games you haven't been able to if you're too lethargic or anxious to do anything productive. There are so many things you could be doing. I'm always engaged in work on one thing or another and wish I had more time and stamina to do them, and to relax.

boring shitfastia shitpost
You do understand that angrily and impulsively responding to trolls just magnifies their desire to troll you right?

• Agree
Reactions: Coleman Francis
W

WW 635

kiwifarms.net
All this infighting while we're ignoring who the real enemy is here: Addiction. The best thing to do to make you feel better is to get it all off of your chest, right here in this thread, and then pm me your contact info so I can be of further assistance. Kiwifarms is here for you, fam.

bacterium

Pronouns: She, him, Tom
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna revive a dead topic here..

I am currently doing day treatment. And sometime (early, hopefully) next month, I will be starting inpatient. Funding is a bitch, which is ridiculous. Especially when you live in a state like WI where addiction is rampant, and alcoholism is accepted.
The 12 steps/AA doesn't exactly gel with me, so I think I am going to look more into SMART Recovery

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel really shitty and relapsed. I hope I don't get fired. They would be really screwed if they fired me but if they could they should.
I played it off as holiday stress/miscellaneous autism... shockingly I'm still one of the more competent people, not that other people are incompetent, I'm just good at my job.

W

WW 635

kiwifarms.net

I am currently doing day treatment. And sometime (early, hopefully) next month, I will be starting inpatient. Funding is a bitch, which is ridiculous. Especially when you live in a state like WI where addiction is rampant, and alcoholism is accepted.
The 12 steps/AA doesn't exactly gel with me, so I think I am going to look more into SMART Recovery
AA/NA 12 step programs come across as cultish and forces a person to still focus on their addiction, never letting them escape it imo. Never heard of SMART though. Mind elaborating a bit?

I feel really shitty and relapsed. I hope I don't get fired. They would be really screwed if they fired me but if they could they should.
I played it off as holiday stress/miscellaneous autism... shockingly I'm still one of the more competent people, not that other people are incompetent, I'm just good at my job.
Don't think of it as a relapse but a little slip up and keep moving forward.

saraheasy

kiwifarms.net
Powerlevel alert: I recently realized that I'm addicted to sugar. Yes this exists. I became kinda fat I thought it was stress but nope. I stoped eating junk food a few days ago. It sucks but I would always overeat and had bad stomach pain the next day. I just can't eat a piece of cake or pizza like normal people. One bite and I there suddenly is a pressure to eat more and more. So I quit. Don't think I can eat like a normal person ever again. But at least I lose that weight and stay healthy.

That's why I hate HAES, gainers, feedees and so on. These guys don't just "like" food. If you always overat you are addicted. They glorify their fucking addiction.

I have the same problem. Once I start eating sugar, I cannot stop. So I quit only two weeks ago when realized that it a real psychological and physiological problem. People say I am crazy cause I don't eat sugar even in small amount, but I know that if I do, I won't be able to control myself. It's a real addiction, can't believe I didn't confess it to myself earlier. Now I have all the symptoms of sugar withdrawal described here https://addictionresource.com/addiction/sugar-addiction/ which proves once again that I am truly addicted. Others just don't realise they are addicts too.

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net

There are (if you live in a major metro area) AA groups for atheists and agnostics. Search around for free thinker groups, that's what they call themselves.

Slappy McGherkin

You Halloween idjiots gonna pay for this!!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There are (if you live in a major metro area) AA groups for atheists and agnostics. Search around for free thinker groups, that's what they call themselves.
Interesting thread. Not much I can add. Neil Young probably said it best - "I've seen the needle and the damage done. A little part of it in everyone; every junkie's like a setting sun."

I've fought addiction my entire life. You feel good, then you hate yourself. Joining the Navy at 20 years old probably saved my sorry ass from the same fate as my junkie friends in the small town I grew up in. The shit that I've seen...

But the only thing that got me to ripe old age was sheer willpower that being a junkie is NOT who I am. AA? Fuggidaboudit. The times that I backslid, I kicked myself in the ass and pulled myself back out of it.

Today? I've accepted the fact that I'm an addict. It's simply shifted gears from illegal drugs to a couple of vodkas every night. I don't need a recovery, I don't need an intervention, I accepted who and what I am a long time ago. Comfortably numb.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino