ADF Article -

meatslab

Magical, pansexual, non-threatening spokesthing
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll hook you up now. Thanks for your effort. I haven't been productive lately, but if you need help, let me know.
Thanks! I'll definitely let you know!

Peace and Harmony

1 like = 1 kibble
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Aww yiss, thank you for doing this OP. Ahuviya definitely deserves an article.

I would love to help but I've only really started following his shit relatively recent - like two months ago recently. However I was saying in the thread I do actually know a friend who knew of him during his Philly days. I don't know if that could be useful at any point down the line but I would happy to contribute in any way I can.

Wolf Appreciator

kiwifarms.net
I kinda lost interest in lolcows for a few years starting from mid-2011 or thereabouts but prior to that I kept up with ADF fairly closely. In his timeline I think this was around the time he parted company with his original set of friends on the East Coast and started living with the Occupy people. Anyway I’ve got a big jumble of Classic ADF™ content dating from when I followed him, with no particular organisation to it. I don’t think I have the time for any substantive wiki writing but if somebody could do up a skeleton of his pre-2011 period I could try to put some meat on it (or upload some pictures, at any rate).

Wolf Appreciator

kiwifarms.net
Alright so, despite saying I wouldn't write any ADF stuff from scratch I, uh, I have just done exactly that. I had a very severe attack of autism over the weekend and so am now very proud/ashamed to present just under 9,000 words (with attributions!) on ADF's life up to the end of 2010. I could take it onto 2011 but figured I should cut it off around this point to see if anybody's got any thoughts. Turns out I remembered far less about the guy than I thought I did, so I went right back to the source material for this one. He had absolutely no filter at all and I could've made this several times longer if I was going to take a "no shit is too minor" approach, but I tried to restrict myself to the key points. Even so, this is still very long and almost certainly too pedantic. I wrote this basically just by going down his DA journals in the order he posted them, so this reads very chronologically and certainly I think some parts might flow better if they were grouped thematically instead. Anyway it's up here on Pastebin if anybody wants to take a look - it might be a bit hard to read at points without any formatting. Would be extremely grateful for anybody's input.

Peace and Harmony

1 like = 1 kibble
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just took a look at the ADF article and I want to say semper fidelis to anyone who's been working on it, thoroughly entertaining so far if a little messy. I mentioned in the Talk page that you can steal a biographical infobox from the Kengle page to summarise his batshit insanity from the get-go, and I know it's not done but I can confirm that during his Philly communist phase, he was active with the Occupy movement and also attracted the bemused ire of actual communists interested in activist work.

• Informative
Reactions: Randall Fragg

Wolf Appreciator

kiwifarms.net
I just took a look at the ADF article and I want to say semper fidelis to anyone who's been working on it, thoroughly entertaining so far if a little messy. I mentioned in the Talk page that you can steal a biographical infobox from the Kengle page to summarise his batshit insanity from the get-go, and I know it's not done but I can confirm that during his Philly communist phase, he was active with the Occupy movement and also attracted the bemused ire of actual communists interested in activist work.
Thanks very much! I'm the sole writer at this point so I take full credit for all the badness in the layout. At the moment I'm mostly trying to just get the text in, and when that's done I'll work on the pictures, making it all look a bit nicer, &c. Going to try to get the period where he lived in his mother's house as perfect as I can, and then move onto the Occupy/Robert Wayne Stiles period. And thanks for the heads-up about the Kengle infobox, I'll definitely port that over.

Wolf Appreciator

kiwifarms.net
I saw that you wanted to know the origin of "Rotem". Well, the Rotem is a desert flower that's indigenous to Israel.
I've had this suggested to me a couple of times now and I really feel like this has to be it. I'm surprised he never actually explained this but I assume he was going for some sort of "beautiful thing blooming in the harsh, oppressive desert" sort of imagery (plus obviously the Israel connection). Anyway thanks!

KFC

✈ ✈ █ █
kiwifarms.net
I revisited the article. It's pretty well written, but all of the images are gone, and it stops right before 2011 Ahuviya. I would continue it myself, but I don't know to much about 2011-13 Ahuviya.

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I gotta be brutally honest here. I did a comparison of this ADF article to the one that's on ED currently and the one on Lolcow Wiki is a whopping 11,000+ words as opposed to the 6272 words that's currently on the ED page. I think there are certain sections in this article that should be given their own subpages that link back to the main article to cut down on this issue. I can see Australatina having its own subpage for example. There are also some paragraphs that kinda look like huge text blocks that should be broken up too. Brevity and clarity are what we should be aiming for, though I do understand that ADF is the kind of cow with a lot of history to him.

For cows like ADF and Chris, I'm expecting that 5000-6000 words should be the absolute limit. The subpages should make it easier to attain this.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: KFC

Xarpho

There's fish on my tray.
kiwifarms.net
I gotta be brutally honest here. I did a comparison of this ADF article to the one that's on ED currently and the one on Lolcow Wiki is a whopping 11,000+ words as opposed to the 6272 words that's currently on the ED page. I think there are certain sections in this article that should be given their own subpages that link back to the main article to cut down on this issue. I can see Australatina having its own subpage for example. There are also some paragraphs that kinda look like huge text blocks that should be broken up too. Brevity and clarity are what we should be aiming for, though I do understand that ADF is the kind of cow with a lot of history to him.

For cows like ADF and Chris, I'm expecting that 5000-6000 words should be the absolute limit. The subpages should make it easier to attain this.
I tried to view the page but all the images on the page were broken. :(

Also, I think that the references add a lot to the word count, as I doubt that ED is really big on references.

In terms of sub-pages, I think the CWCki-like "Phil and..." pages might be the best choice.

• Informative
Reactions: chimpburgers

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Alright, I think the biggest issue right now besides the length of the article is all the broken images. It would help if someone had all the specific images on their computer that go with each description in the article. I'd like to reupload them and update the article with that.

KingQueen

President of the Eddie Dzial Fanclub #teameddie
kiwifarms.net
Hello friends. I am working on an ADF Timeline.

I'm starting with the Wiki content that exists, and then I'll branch through the rest of the existing material archived, and on ED and KF. I'm going to try to be thorough with citation and link specific archives/images. I know that someone (@Ravenor? @Smutley?) has a personal ADF backup, so hopefully people will come an fill in what I miss. Feel free to add or edit, or leave suggestions on the Talk page.

For the article itself, we'll be able to pull a more succinct story from the timeline, and build a more coherent narrative. Later tonight I'm going to go through the article and try to give it some structure to prepare for the newer content.

(I don't have the missing images, though, but if I find them in my digging I'll add them.)

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hello friends. I am working on an ADF Timeline.

I'm starting with the Wiki content that exists, and then I'll branch through the rest of the existing material archived, and on ED and KF. I'm going to try to be thorough with citation and link specific archives/images. I know that someone (@Ravenor? @Smutley?) has a personal ADF backup, so hopefully people will come an fill in what I miss. Feel free to add or edit, or leave suggestions on the Talk page.

For the article itself, we'll be able to pull a more succinct story from the timeline, and build a more coherent narrative. Later tonight I'm going to go through the article and try to give it some structure to prepare for the newer content.

(I don't have the missing images, though, but if I find them in my digging I'll add them.)
I like that idea. If it gets the main article to a state where it's at a more appropriate length and it's more readable to someone that's never heard of ADF before or to someone wanting to learn more about what their deal is, I'm on board with this

Reactions: KingQueen

KingQueen

kiwifarms.net
I like that idea. If it gets the main article to a state where it's at a more appropriate length and it's more readable to someone that's never heard of ADF before or to someone wanting to learn more about what their deal is, I'm on board with this
FYI I'm not tackling the actual content text yet, because I'm hoping a logical structure will appear on its own.

We joke about ADF's obsessive cycles, but seriously, it seems to be about every 6 months he has a new obsession that reshapes his entire self-identity. That might be one way to break it up, these mini-cycle sagas? Otherwise it's the broad "eras" it's currently broken up into.

I agree with the others that there should be Subpages. They should probably be "ADF and..." themed, perhaps linked from each mini-section as relevant. (So the main article will be chronological, but the Subpages will be topical, like Family, Frenemies, Communism, etc.)

(Unless there's better ideas, I'm just throwing these out there.)

EDIT: Tentative structure on this sandbox. I need to sleep and stop thinking about goddamn Phil for 8 to 10 hours.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: chimpburgers

KingQueen

kiwifarms.net
The basic scaffolding is up. I've gone back to my timeline, because I'm missing a big chunk of info from the Philadelphia-era until Occupy (shortly after this the forums re-noticed him). That's all the Rika/Jordan era stuff. Later this week there will be a shitty article "complete", but it's gonna need a ton of adjustment.

Also, anybody with super-austim is welcome to tackle Australatina, because I don't know enough about it. (I personally think it would be really funny to write it as US Government Propaganda. Maybe we should recruit some of our fanficers.)

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino