• Cool

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Gay

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Cool because I'm gay

Votes: 31 38.8%

• Total voters

Sword Fighter Super

I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If this thread already exists in some form that I couldn't find, please feel free to merge or delete.

Now I'm not saying I don't have any childish things I like as an adult, but this obsession with pro wrestling has always struck me as odd. Not nearly as bad as being a pony or furfag, but still weird.

I recently (last year) went to a bachelor party and hadn't realized that it was themed. Everybody was wearing some kind of costume of their favorite pro wrestler and the bachelor wore an expensive championship belt that we had all pitched in for ($400). We're all in our 30s. Now I know it was just a bachelor party and you're supposed to do goofy shit like this, but they're all obsessed with wrestling to the point where my buddy the groom wanted to come out to some WWF song. His fiance was fucking pissed and threatened him over it, lol.

They also constantly make wrestling references whenever we're all hanging out. I dunno, it just seems weird to me. And it's not just this group of friends, there are A LOT of adult men who are still obsessed with this shit.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't get it. What about the rest of you? What kind of experiences have gotten into with adult men that still love professional wrestling?

Nice User

A very nice person.
kiwifarms.net
(note: I'm an adult woman who still loves professional wrestling).

I want to start off this by saying that I love professional wrestling - I try to watch atleast one show (or if not then at least a match) from one wrestling promotion per-day, I go out to pro-wrestling shows, I've got a ton of pro-wrestling video games and I've taken up professional wrestling classes out of curiosity but I seroiusly don't understand people who try to inject pro wrestling into everything. It's like bronys injecting MLP into everything, most people around you don't give a fuck about it and probably find it annoying. Most of my friends don't know that I love pro-wrestling because I know most of them don't give a flying fuck about it so I never really brought it up with most people I know.

I do think it is unfair though to say that it's only adult pro-wrestling male fans who get a little too obsessed with it, it's something I see with fandoms in general. There's quite a few adult women I know who are obsessed with Harry Potter and won't ever shut the fuck up about it and have to reference the films or books all the time.

I don't blame the guy's fiance for being pissed and threatening to leave him over it too, if I was getting married and the person I was getting married to wanted a themed wedding based around some fandom I don't give two shits about I'd probably leave them too.

Sword Fighter Super

I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
(note: I'm an adult woman who still loves professional wrestling).

I want to start off this by saying that I love professional wrestling - I try to watch atleast one show (or if not then at least a match) from one wrestling promotion per-day, I go out to pro-wrestling shows, I've got a ton of pro-wrestling video games and I've taken up professional wrestling classes out of curiosity but I seroiusly don't understand people who try to inject pro wrestling into everything. It's like bronys injecting MLP into everything, most people around you don't give a fuck about it and probably find it annoying. Most of my friends don't know that I love pro-wrestling because I know most of them don't give a flying fuck about it so I never really brought it up with most people I know.

I do think it is unfair though to say that it's only adult pro-wrestling male fans who get a little too obsessed with it, it's something I see with fandoms in general. There's quite a few adult women I know who are obsessed with Harry Potter and won't ever shut the fuck up about it and have to reference the films or books all the time.

I don't blame the guy's fiance for being pissed and threatening to leave him over it too, if I was getting married and the person I was getting married to wanted a themed wedding based around some fandom I don't give two shits about I'd probably leave them too.
I honestly never even considered women, I can imagine they'd be much more annoying than the men could be.

the real heisenberg

theoretical autist
kiwifarms.net
I got into a weird phase where I was really into wrestling for like 2 months. For some reason getting high and watching that shit was funny to me, the stories get kind of interesting if you suspend your disbelief enough. It's basically like a soap opera except it's live and features sweaty men. I don't consider it any weirder than those alphas that talk about MMA all the time.

wylfım

Lost in an endless void of stupid.
kiwifarms.net
The prolonged infantilization of privileged classes has caused entire generations to grow up having no perspective on life and flee from growing up because they want to naïvely preserve a childish set of hobbies, interests, and beliefs as a defense against the perceived meaninglessness of a social order that has overexpanded and is falling apart.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
I've been a wrestling fan all my life.

Parts of it are absolutely terrible and ridiculous. Trust me, I know, and I'm aware of it. I had to stop watching WWE Raw and Smackdown because it got downright unwatchable. Also, I am fully aware of how awful pockets of the wrestling fanbase are.

But when wrestling is done well, it be can a very exciting medium for storytelling, and there isn't anything else quite like it. For me, I am a sports fan, and I am a fan of TV shows and movies. So, I appreciate athleticism and I like to be entertained, so wrestling kind of covers all the bases for me.

Honestly, the thing I enjoy the most about WWE these days is watching old stuff on the WWE Network. Alot of that stuff is just classic. The 80s era (WWF Rock and Wrestling and NWA/Crockett stuff are my jam) and the Monday Night Wars/Big 3 period (WWF Raw, WCW Nitro, and ECW) produced some of the best characters and stories ever displayed from the artform, and I don't see anything wrong with enjoying something that is exciting.

For me, its like any other form of entertainment. There is suspension of disbelief involved, but if I can get sucked into it and enjoy it, then where's the harm in that?

The Shadow

SCIENCE FICTION PERFORM DISTINCTIVE
kiwifarms.net
Someone once compared pro wrestling, with its kayfabe angles and drama, to being something like "Soap Operas for men". Honestly, it's just entertainment. It's cheesy entertainment, but I understand the appeal. I don't get super into it but I think it's like any other sport (granted, those are supposedly not scripted). It's mostly mindless fun.

Doomfist

kiwifarms.net
Professional wrestling is awful and cringey which is precisely why I watch it.

In regards to the people at that bachelor party, they seem like spergs. Wrestling is probably number 2 or 3 in sperg obsessions behind trains and Sonic. I can't even imagine someone who wants to come to the altar to a wrestler entrance, much less the person that would be willing to marry them.

Watch Lucha Underground if you want some awesome in-ring action with even crazier stories (told more coherently too) than mainstream wrestling.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino