• ”Light tell gaia to please help stop the spread of ebola in Africa”
  1. The site will be going down for maintenance on February 24th for the XenForo 2 upgrade. Read more. (Update Feb-13)
  2. Our official MOVIE NIGHT is running. Join us on DISCORD for voice chat!

Adult men who still love professional wrestling

Discussion in 'Hulkamania' started by Sword Fighter Super, Feb 11, 2019.

?

Professional wrestling is...

1. Cool

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Gay

21 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. Cool because I'm gay

21 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. If this thread already exists in some form that I couldn't find, please feel free to merge or delete.

Now I'm not saying I don't have any childish things I like as an adult, but this obsession with pro wrestling has always struck me as odd. Not nearly as bad as being a pony or furfag, but still weird.

I recently (last year) went to a bachelor party and hadn't realized that it was themed. Everybody was wearing some kind of costume of their favorite pro wrestler and the bachelor wore an expensive championship belt that we had all pitched in for ($400). We're all in our 30s. Now I know it was just a bachelor party and you're supposed to do goofy shit like this, but they're all obsessed with wrestling to the point where my buddy the groom wanted to come out to some WWF song. His fiance was fucking pissed and threatened him over it, lol.

They also constantly make wrestling references whenever we're all hanging out. I dunno, it just seems weird to me. And it's not just this group of friends, there are A LOT of adult men who are still obsessed with this shit.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't get it. What about the rest of you? What kind of experiences have gotten into with adult men that still love professional wrestling?

• Feels Feels x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Sword Fighter Super

Sword Fighter Super I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    JSGOTI

JSGOTI Just some guy on the internet
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. (note: I'm an adult woman who still loves professional wrestling).

I want to start off this by saying that I love professional wrestling - I try to watch atleast one show (or if not then at least a match) from one wrestling promotion per-day, I go out to pro-wrestling shows, I've got a ton of pro-wrestling video games and I've taken up professional wrestling classes out of curiosity but I seroiusly don't understand people who try to inject pro wrestling into everything. It's like bronys injecting MLP into everything, most people around you don't give a fuck about it and probably find it annoying. Most of my friends don't know that I love pro-wrestling because I know most of them don't give a flying fuck about it so I never really brought it up with most people I know.

I do think it is unfair though to say that it's only adult pro-wrestling male fans who get a little too obsessed with it, it's something I see with fandoms in general. There's quite a few adult women I know who are obsessed with Harry Potter and won't ever shut the fuck up about it and have to reference the films or books all the time.

I don't blame the guy's fiance for being pissed and threatening to leave him over it too, if I was getting married and the person I was getting married to wanted a themed wedding based around some fandom I don't give two shits about I'd probably leave them too.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Nice User

Nice User A very nice person.

kiwifarms.net
  3. literally redneck anime

• Winner  x 9
    •  x 2
    • Agree  x 1
    • Semper Fidelis  x 1
    • Informative  x 1
    • DRINK  x 1
    BoingBoingBoi

BoingBoingBoi please think responsibly
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net

4. it's cute guys and hot girls doing weirdo athletic live theater and performance art, what the fuck isn't there to like?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Yellow Yam Scam

Yellow Yam Scam She'd better stop. She'd better stop.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. I honestly never even considered women, I can imagine they'd be much more annoying than the men could be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Sword Fighter Super

Sword Fighter Super I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. Why do you guys hate fun so much?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Tim Buckley

Tim Buckley Suffering

kiwifarms.net
  7. Anyone who forces their entire life to cater around their passive consumption of any media needs to re-center themselves.

• Agree Agree x 11
    Senior Lexmechanic

Senior Lexmechanic Shitposting displeases the Omnissiah

kiwifarms.net
  8. I got into a weird phase where I was really into wrestling for like 2 months. For some reason getting high and watching that shit was funny to me, the stories get kind of interesting if you suspend your disbelief enough. It's basically like a soap opera except it's live and features sweaty men. I don't consider it any weirder than those alphas that talk about MMA all the time.

• Like Like x 4
    • Feels Feels x 1
    the real heisenberg

the real heisenberg theoretical autist

kiwifarms.net
  9. The prolonged infantilization of privileged classes has caused entire generations to grow up having no perspective on life and flee from growing up because they want to naïvely preserve a childish set of hobbies, interests, and beliefs as a defense against the perceived meaninglessness of a social order that has overexpanded and is falling apart.

•  x 4
    • Feels  x 3
    • Informative  x 2
    • Agree  x 1
    • Winner  x 1
    wylfım

wylfım Lost in an endless void of stupid.

kiwifarms.net
  10. I've been a wrestling fan all my life.

Parts of it are absolutely terrible and ridiculous. Trust me, I know, and I'm aware of it. I had to stop watching WWE Raw and Smackdown because it got downright unwatchable. Also, I am fully aware of how awful pockets of the wrestling fanbase are.

But when wrestling is done well, it be can a very exciting medium for storytelling, and there isn't anything else quite like it. For me, I am a sports fan, and I am a fan of TV shows and movies. So, I appreciate athleticism and I like to be entertained, so wrestling kind of covers all the bases for me.

Honestly, the thing I enjoy the most about WWE these days is watching old stuff on the WWE Network. Alot of that stuff is just classic. The 80s era (WWF Rock and Wrestling and NWA/Crockett stuff are my jam) and the Monday Night Wars/Big 3 period (WWF Raw, WCW Nitro, and ECW) produced some of the best characters and stories ever displayed from the artform, and I don't see anything wrong with enjoying something that is exciting.

For me, its like any other form of entertainment. There is suspension of disbelief involved, but if I can get sucked into it and enjoy it, then where's the harm in that?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  11. Agreed. I could never get into that stuff, while my brother and a brother of friend were into but got out of it as they grew up.

• Feels Feels x 2
    Glad I couldn't help

Glad I couldn't help Now with edge anime avatar

kiwifarms.net
  12. Someone once compared pro wrestling, with its kayfabe angles and drama, to being something like "Soap Operas for men". Honestly, it's just entertainment. It's cheesy entertainment, but I understand the appeal. I don't get super into it but I think it's like any other sport (granted, those are supposedly not scripted). It's mostly mindless fun.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    The Shadow

The Shadow Rapping genie with attitude

kiwifarms.net
  13. its entertaining from a lolcow perspective because WWE and TNA constantly fuck up in new and imaginative ways

• Winner Winner x 2
    • DRINK DRINK x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Night Terror

Night Terror i am angry. ANGRY ABOUT KONGS
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. Professional wrestling is awful and cringey which is precisely why I watch it.

In regards to the people at that bachelor party, they seem like spergs. Wrestling is probably number 2 or 3 in sperg obsessions behind trains and Sonic. I can't even imagine someone who wants to come to the altar to a wrestler entrance, much less the person that would be willing to marry them.

Watch Lucha Underground if you want some awesome in-ring action with even crazier stories (told more coherently too) than mainstream wrestling.

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  15. I love professional wrestling but I recognise that its fans can be terrible.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Hatoful Dandy

Hatoful Dandy Minstrel of Sorrow

kiwifarms.net
  16. Greatest meme ever.

• Winner Winner x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  17. Have you even seen UFC or any sort of boxing? I refuse to believe that shit is not scripted in some way, shape or form.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Nice User

Nice User A very nice person.

kiwifarms.net
  18. I wasn't suggesting they were.

The Shadow

The Shadow Rapping genie with attitude

kiwifarms.net
  19. wrest.gif

• Winner Winner x 1
    #20 Dingo, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.