Akiva Meir Cohen / AkivaMCohen / Akiva ben Yisroel HaKohen - Filing photos of his own children with the copyright office so he can sue the KF for that sweet, sweet brand ownership.

RodgerDodger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No one's reading into anything, though. Just stating facts that he's not THAT religious if he lets his kids participate in Halloween. Even Modern Orthodox, who are assimilated with secular culture, don't do that. The co-workers in your story don't sound like Orthodox Jews, either. Orthodox Jews get excited to share shift work with non-Jews because it means they can cover the secular/Christian holidays for them while the non-Jews can cover the Jewish holidays for them. Going into church sanctuaries or mosques is verboten if you're following Jewish law as the Orthodox do. Akiva Cohen-type "Orthodox" would probably do it anyway.
Once again you are reading from the manual, instead of observing actual behaviors. Of course most Jews even Orthodox will enter a church. Funerals and Weddings happen all the time. My friends were Akiva Cohen type Orthodox. Wear the beanie, only eat Kosher, etc. The main rule with regard to churches was that they could not participate in what was going on. Respectfully observing was fine. Most of the Pastors, Priests and Rabbi’s in my town were members of a local “interfaith council”. Which was a clever way of saying they all had a long running Tuesday Night poker game. Life happens. Community happens. People are different than rules.

In Cohen’s area the only groups that do maintain such rigid standards to said rules are the Ultra Orthodox Jews, mainly the Hasidim, (whom the other Jews as a rule hate.) and the more deeply Evangelical Christian groups. (Whom the other Christians are largely embarrassed by).

Hate Myself Want 2 Die

medical waste
kiwifarms.net
But jews arent allowed in church, they murdered jesus and they are slavers.
I know this is supposed to be funny, but an autistic point of clarification:

Even Jewish law doesn't allow Jews in church (at least not in the sanctuary). It falls under idolatry, one of the three most serious sins.

As for "interfaith" bullshit, I guarantee the rabbis taking part were not Orthodox. Non-Orthodox Jews do not adhere to Jewish law and don't make any bones about it.

In conclusion, don't use a Kiwi Farms goy as your authoritative source of knowledge on Jewish law. This is 100% glol territory.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
... What's the status on this guy? Nothingburger? Is he actually still building a case against the Farms or what?
We don't know. I know that his application to copyright his children's pictures are pending (at least the last time we checked).
The dude put his Twitter in Protected Mode, but he's still engaging with LawTwitter and KickVic though.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
We don't know. I know that his application to copyright his children's pictures are pending (at least the last time we checked).
The dude put his Twitter in Protected Mode, but he's still engaging with LawTwitter and KickVic though.
Untitled Home Video Clip/Daughter on Couch.
Type of Work:​
Motion Picture
Registration Number / Date:​
PA0002195920 / 2019-06-17
Application Title:​
Title:​
Description:​
Electronic file (eService)
Copyright Claimant:​
Akiva Meir Cohen. Address: 599 Waukena Avenue, Oceanside, NY, 11572.
Date of Creation:​
Date of Publication:​
2006-01-01
Nation of First Publication:​
United States
Authorship on Application:​
Akiva Meir Cohen; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: entire motion picture.
Names:​
Cohen, Akiva Meir

Michael & Miya.
Visual Material
VA0002163191 / 2019-07-10
Michael & Miya.
Michael & Miya.
2019-05-15
United States
Akiva Meir Cohen; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: photograph.
Rights and Permissions:​
Akiva M Cohen, Kamerman Uncyk Soniker & Klein, 599 Waukena Avenue, Oceanside, NY, 11572, United States, (917) 742-6193, akiva.m.cohen@gmail.com
Cohen, Akiva Meir

The absolute mad lad did it.

Francis York Morgan

FBI Special Agent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Motion Picture
PA0002195920 / 2019-06-17
2006-01-01
United States
Akiva Meir Cohen; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: entire motion picture.
Cohen, Akiva Meir

Michael & Miya.
Visual Material
VA0002163191 / 2019-07-10
Michael & Miya.
Michael & Miya.
2019-05-15
United States
Akiva Meir Cohen; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: photograph.
Rights and Permissions:​
Akiva M Cohen, Kamerman Uncyk Soniker & Klein, 599 Waukena Avenue, Oceanside, NY, 11572, United States, (917) 742-6193, akiva.m.cohen@gmail.com
Cohen, Akiva Meir

The absolute mad lad did it.
This doesn't come off as idiotic or severely unhinged. No siree.

Christ what a fag.

bprime

Boomer Extraordinare
kiwifarms.net
My understanding is he cannot sue retroactively, only new uses or something but IANAL.
That'd be in line with how the law generally reacts to things like this. I wouldn't put it past our hero to try and file something exceptional, but I suspect he might be busy looking for Sacred Ointment in preparation for the Texas boot Ty Beard is going to be delivering to his anus in the near future.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Evil Bunny

Apteryx Owenii

formerly a jerkop, wants to avoid merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My understanding is he cannot sue retroactively, only new uses or something but IANAL.
"...the average processing time for registration applicationsis currently seven months, leaving ample time to sue after the Register’s decision, even for infringement that began before submission of an application..." (Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corp v. Wallstreet.com LLC)

The registration is required before initiating the lawsuit but the suit can include infringements before the registration as a copyright existed from creation of the work, not registration. So he can sue for the previous infringement and not have it thrown out on the technical grounds of not having a registration (see above case).

Now, there's some caveats, the big one being compensatory damages versus statutory damages; our new overlord Akiva is going to have a hell of a time proving that he suffered monetary damages off a kiwifarms post since I'm pretty sure he wasn't monetizing the "daughter on couch". OR WAS HE :pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle:

The more complicated part is contributory infringement- like when a website owner tells a copyright holder to pound sand because he believes the material in question is fair use. I'm not sure, but I wonder if Akiva could send another DMCA and then sue seeking statutory damages now that he has a registered copyright and the website owner failed to honor the DMCA after the registration was issued. Fair use is still a defense, but it would be more scary than trying to sue based on compensatory damages only.

• Informative
Reactions: Fannyscum