Culture Alabama governor signs nation's most restrictive anti-abortion bill into law - "Unenforceable" bill designed to directly challenge Roe V. Wade

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
Why shouldn't it?

The restrictions imposed upon individual states by Roe v. Wade wasn't decided by Congress, and signed into law by the President.

It was a donkey case, brought before partisan liberal Supreme Court judges. Much as this one is; the exception this time being the lack of a bench stacked with statists.

And beyond that, and the current shitfight everyone's watching, judicial term limits are definitely part of this war.
So...allowing people to do something is the authoritarian thing, and allowing individual states to restrict the freedom of their citizens is the freedom-loving thing? I must be missing something here

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Remind me again where the Bible details rules on abortions?
Only real section the Bible has on that comes from the Book of Numbers (the preceding book of Leviticus specifies certain situations in which having children would be worthy of death, such as infidelity);

Forgive the formatting, quoted from the Bible Desktop software, which has some goofy formatting.

The Jealousy Ordeal
11 19 The LORD spoke to Moses: 12"Speak to the Israelites and tell them, 'If any man's wife goes astray and behaves unfaithfully toward him, 13and a man has sexual relations with her21 without her husband knowing it,22 and it is hidden that she has defiled herself, since23 there was no witness against her, nor was she caught - 14and if jealous feelings24 come over him and he becomes suspicious25 of his wife, when she is defiled;26 or if jealous feelings come over him and he becomes suspicious of his wife, when she is not defiled - 15then27 the man must bring his wife to the priest, and he must bring the offering required for her, one tenth of an ephah of barley meal; he must not pour olive oil on it or put frankincense on it, because it is a grain offering of suspicion,28 a grain offering for remembering,29 for bringing30 iniquity to remembrance.

16"'Then the priest will bring her near and have her stand31 before the LORD. 17The priest will then take holy water32 in a pottery jar, and take some33 of the dust34 that is on the floor of the tabernacle, and put it into the water. 18Then the priest will have the woman stand before the LORD, uncover the woman's head, and put the grain offering for remembering in her hands, which is the grain offering of suspicion. The priest will hold in his hand the bitter water that brings a curse.35 19Then the priest will put the woman under oath and say to the her, "If no other36 man has had sexual relations with you, and if you have not gone astray and become defiled while under your husband's authority, may you be free from this bitter water that brings a curse.37 20But if you38 have gone astray while under your husband's authority, and if you have defiled yourself and some man other than your husband has had sexual relations with you...."39 21Then the priest will put the woman under the oath of the curse40 and will say41 to the her, "The LORD make you an attested curse42 among your people,43 if the LORD makes44 your thigh fall away45 and your abdomen swell;46 22and this water that causes the curse will go47 into your stomach, and make your abdomen swell and your thigh rot."48 Then the woman must say, "Amen, amen."49

23"'Then the priest will write these curses on a scroll and then scrape them off into the bitter water.50 24He will make the woman drink the bitter water that brings a curse, and the water that brings a curse will enter her to produce bitterness. 25The priest will take the grain offering of suspicion from the woman's hand, wave the grain offering before the LORD, and bring it to the altar. 26Then the priest will take a handful of the grain offering as its memorial portion, burn it on the altar, and afterward make the woman drink the water. 27When he has made her drink the water, then, if she has defiled herself and behaved unfaithfully toward her husband, the water that brings a curse will enter her to produce bitterness - her abdomen will swell, her thigh will fall away, and the woman will become a curse among her people. 28But if the woman has not defiled herself, and is clean, then she will be free of ill effects51 and will be able to bear children.

29"'This is the law for cases of jealousy,52 when a wife, while under her husband's authority, goes astray and defiles herself, 30or when jealous feelings come over a man and he becomes suspicious of his wife; then he must have the woman stand before the LORD, and the priest will carry out all this law upon her. 31Then the man will be free from iniquity, but that woman will bear the consequences53 of her iniquity.'"

• Informative
Reactions: Feels Over Reals

Corypheus

Totally not evil
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, this is going to get struck down in the federal courts for obvious reasons

Even Donald Trump himself doesn't fully support banning abortion in the U.S. altogether and he even thinks that abortions should only be limited and available to such cases that involve rape, incest, or if the woman's life is in any danger because Donald Trump is pro-life but even he is pro-life within reason.

But this seem like a push to get the Supreme Court to finally revisit the issue of abortion since Roe vs. Wade to address once again that whether or not that the states can proceed to ban abortions, that abortions should be limited to only special cases, or keep it fully legal as it is.

So yeah, this is going to be one big legal trashfire to watch.
Honestly, this dumb ass abortion law would not have been passed had the SJW chucklefucks in Vermont and New York passed their own equally dumb ass abortion laws last year.

In a weird way, the blue state leftists may have doomed Roe v. Wade because they wanted to trigger the Christians some more and spite Mommy and Daddy.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction and the Left may have shot themselves in the foot
Isn’t another issue with Roe v. Wade that it’s built out of a right the court created solely so they could claim it allowed abortion? I’ve heard that few times, and if it’s true, it seems like a rather messy way to make an argument.

Chewy Suarez

specializes in canine couture
kiwifarms.net
The “You still have to keep it’s incest” doesn’t surprise me, this is Alabama we’re taking about.

But still... what the fuck. I’m not going to be shocked if I hear stories about illegal clotheshanger abortions gone wrong in the news. It’s bound to happen.

• Dumb
Reactions: Vlinny Chan

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
The “You still have to keep it’s incest” doesn’t surprise me, this is Alabama we’re taking about.

But still... what the fuck. I’m not going to be shocked if I hear stories about illegal clotheshanger abortions gone wrong in the news. It’s bound to happen.
Staircase abortions>clothes hanger abortions imo

Much easier cleanup

• Islamic Content
Reactions: Vlinny Chan

Pocket Dragoon

For one-tenth a soul, or a sexual favor.
kiwifarms.net
Why is it a good thing that just because 51% of a state’s population doesn’t like a medical procedure (or gay marriage, or whatever) can outlaw it for everybody? I get states rights as a concept, but a lot of the time it seems to boil down to “it’s not fair that my neighbor is legally allowed to do something I disapprove of”
Now apply that argument at the national level, keeping in mind that R.v.W. isn't something that a plurality of states voted on in Congress.

And even if it were, why should Pennsylvania or Nevada have any say in Alabama's health & welfare system? Sure, 51% or more people in those states may think something is a good idea, but 70% in Alabama do not?

If being forced by Congress to bend the knee wasn't egregious enough, it being done in perpetuity & posthumously by a bunch of robe-wearing lawyers in Washington, certainly rubs Southerners the wrong way.

Also.... when Gov. Ivey stated the law was unenforceable while still signing it, she was speaking in true Alabamian fashion; they have a way of saying a lot of things, in as few words as possible... especially that woman.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
Isn’t another issue with Roe v. Wade that it’s built out of a right the court created solely so they could claim it allowed abortion? I’ve heard that few times, and if it’s true, it seems like a rather messy way to make an argument.
This is what they're talking about:

Its literally an asspull the Court uses to pass laws they couldn't otherwise enact.

Fruit6

kiwifarms.net
The only time I can see abortion justified is when giving birth would pose severe health risks to the women. I don't see rape or incest as different situations because not only are they a tiny percentage of abortions, but the way you got pregnant shouldn't affect whether or not you think it's a life that deserves to not be killed.

Maybe you think it's a life, maybe you think it's a clump of cells that can't survive outside the womb. But why should your stance on that vary depending on how it was conceived?

BlastDoors41

kiwifarms.net
This whole debate about “clumps of cells” vs “muh bible” is so tired, and old and full of cliches and Shitty science.

More so on the pro choice side than on the lifers but then again I’m biased towards not punishing future generations for their parents’ mistakes and misfortunes.

Prenatal care has advanced to such a degree that babies at 20 weeks can now survive outside the womb and grow up relatively unscathed and possessing of all their faculties.

It is NOT a given anymore that they will have developmental delays and other abnormalities unless they were already predisposed to them.

Anyone who has seen a 3D ultrasound at 20 weeks has to be willfully lying to sit here and say that is not a human being, that is not a baby.

Prenatal/ Neonatal care will continue to advance, IMO, until we are able to essentially grow babies outside of a uterus.

We are the only nation in the first world that allows for abortions past 12 weeks.

OmniousAttributer

Mi mi mi
kiwifarms.net
This whole debate about “clumps of cells” vs “muh bible” is so tired, and old and full of cliches and Shitty science.

More so on the pro choice side than on the lifers but then again I’m biased towards not punishing future generations for their parents’ mistakes and misfortunes.

Prenatal care has advanced to such a degree that babies at 20 weeks can now survive outside the womb and grow up relatively unscathed and possessing of all their faculties.

It is NOT a given anymore that they will have developmental delays and other abnormalities unless they were already predisposed to them.

Anyone who has seen a 3D ultrasound at 20 weeks has to be willfully lying to sit here and say that is not a human being, that is not a baby.

Prenatal/ Neonatal care will continue to advance, IMO, until we are able to essentially grow babies outside of a uterus.

We are the only nation in the first world that allows for abortions past 12 weeks.
Canada has no law preventing abortion at any stage.

samuraicrack

INTERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATOR
kiwifarms.net
The only time I can see abortion justified is when giving birth would pose severe health risks to the women. I don't see rape or incest as different situations because not only are they a tiny percentage of abortions, but the way you got pregnant shouldn't affect whether or not you think it's a life that deserves to not be killed.

Maybe you think it's a life, maybe you think it's a clump of cells that can't survive outside the womb. But why should your stance on that vary depending on how it was conceived?
I don't know, I think being a rape/incest baby can pose tons of potential psychological and physical problems on it's own so it'd be a miserable existence for both the mom and the kid. I'm pretty sure most U.S. states also let the rapist hold parental power if the mom decides to keep it.

Outside of those situations the only women who would really need abortions are dumb teenagers and sluts who want a get out of jail free card for not taking any contraceptives. That's about as much of a human right as having car insurance is for an alcoholic.

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
Now apply that argument at the national level, keeping in mind that R.v.W. isn't something that a plurality of states voted on in Congress.

And even if it were, why should Pennsylvania or Nevada have any say in Alabama's health & welfare system? Sure, 51% or more people in those states may think something is a good idea, but 70% in Alabama do not?

If being forced by Congress to bend the knee wasn't egregious enough, it being done in perpetuity & posthumously by a bunch of robe-wearing lawyers in Washington, certainly rubs Southerners the wrong way.

Also.... when Gov. Ivey stated the law was unenforceable while still signing it, she was speaking in true Alabamian fashion; they have a way of saying a lot of things, in as few words as possible... especially that woman.
So not being allowed to outlaw something just because you don’t like it, even though you’re not the one doing it and it has no effect on you, is tyranny?

Get over the damn civil war, Jesus Christ.

GrungyLawnChlorinate

confirmed hairless and stable
kiwifarms.net
Again, you don't know what you're talking about.
Thanks for clarifying! I was being a needlessly combative shit and I apologize. Its just the word games employed in this debate irritate me. Pro-life and pro-choice are disingenuous monikers that hide the grim reality at the core of the debate. At the very least they should call it pro/anti-abortion. The whole 'war against women!' line is particularly bullshit, but i'm sure anti-abortion crowd has their own hyperbolic marketing slogans as well.

It seems like after the baby leaves the womb, they're potentially exposed to the realities of the world.
Isn't that why NEET culture exists, to delay or prevent that horrific outcome?

Reactions: BlastDoors41

Law

hates dogs, loves vicodin
kiwifarms.net
I don't know, I think being a rape/incest baby can pose tons of potential psychological and physical problems on it's own so it'd be a miserable existence for both the mom and the kid. I'm pretty sure most U.S. states also let the rapist hold parental power if the mom decides to keep it.

Outside of those situations the only women who would really need abortions are dumb teenagers and sluts who want a get out of jail free card for not taking any contraceptives. That's about as much of a human right as having car insurance is for an alcoholic.
There are plenty of women who are married, with children, and decide to get abortions if they don't want more children. Contraceptives don't work 100% of the time. Also who would want a rapist raising a kid?

Safir

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's about as much a human right as medical aid for an alcoholic (or other "risky" behavior). Have you been drinking? Die, and whoever tries to help you gets life in prison.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino