Aladdin remake trailer/general - robin williams didn't die for this

iRON-mAn

kiwifarms.net
You know as much as the song is out of place, her inspiring speech to a guard is cringeworthy and they missed a step not doing the Red Jasmine bit to give her some actual abuse to speak out about, I can still tolerate WokeJasmine more than the weird Genie romance subplot storyline which could be cut completely without any adverse affect on the story as a whole.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes, one of the new things added is that Genie falls in love with Jasmine's new friend. They flirt while he's a Genie and then they officially get together once he's freed and turned into a human. I guess they just added that because...I dunno, it's a new thing.
I had a feeling as soon as they announced her as a character...

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
kiwifarms.net
Yes, one of the new things added is that Genie falls in love with Jasmine's new friend. They flirt while he's a Genie and then they officially get together once he's freed and turned into a human. I guess they just added that because...I dunno, it's a new thing.
Holy fucking shit then what's the point of releasing Genie from a lifetime of servitude?

TheImportantFart

Fartscape
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It was a toss up between this and Rocketman this weekend. Went with Rocketman and didn't regret it.

The fact "Prince Ali" was more impressive in the stage show, which had a considerably smaller budget, convinced me this wasn't worth my time. If you want to see a live-action version of this, just go and see the stage show. Theatre tickets may be more expensive than cinema tickets, but you won't regret it. Why the fuck they chose Guy Ritchie of all people to direct this is beyond me.

I will say that Will Smith seemed to be trying his heart out to bring something new to the Genie while also staying true to the original in all the clips I saw and he was succeeding for the most part, so I can buy he's the best part about this film. May catch this when it comes on TV, but otherwise I won't bother.

Also, a friend of mine worked on this. Looked like he had fun, but you know what they say - the more fun they had making the movie, the less fun it will be for those watching it.

jellycar

Actually Patty Hearst/Mariya Takeuchi
kiwifarms.net
It was a toss up between this and Rocketman this weekend. Went with Rocketman and didn't regret it.
How was Rocketman? Everyone seems up in arms about Taron having sex with Robb Stark. Is Kiki Dee in it? How is Bryce Dallas Howard playing a British woman? (Is it Anne Hathaway english accent level of cringe or serviceable?)

TheImportantFart

Fartscape
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How was Rocketman? Everyone seems up in arms about Taron having sex with Robb Stark. Is Kiki Dee in it? How is Bryce Dallas Howard playing a British woman? (Is it Anne Hathaway english accent level of cringe or serviceable?)
The gay sex scene lasts less than a minute and you barely see anything. It reminds of the Mass Effect sex scene controversy where everyone got up in arms over nothing. Kiki Dee is in it (briefly). Bryce Dallas Howard actually did a really good job playing an Englishwoman. I sort of forgot it was her, but that might have been because her hair isn’t its natural colour.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
The gay sex scene lasts less than a minute and you barely see anything. It reminds of the Mass Effect sex scene controversy where everyone got up in arms over nothing. Kiki Dee is in it (briefly). Bryce Dallas Howard actually did a really good job playing an Englishwoman. I sort of forgot it was her, but that might have been because her hair isn’t its natural colour.
Definitely sounds less gay than the Aladdin remake.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
So I saw Aladdin today...yeah its not good.

Basically, it is a what we all suspected it would be: A lesser version of a superior animated film. The 1st few scenes are so bad, it made my jaw drop and the film never fully recovered from the lousy start.

The things I liked were few and far between. "Never Had a Friend Like Me" was actually a fun sequence, and I thought Jasmine was the best character in the movie, even with the "woke" elements they tried to hammer in. She felt the least out of place among the others who just failed to live up to their animated counter parts miserably.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino