Aladdin remake trailer/general - robin williams didn't die for this

friedshrimp

uwuu
kiwifarms.net
It could bomb, but then again Disney fans and the Chinese aren't known for their good tastes.
Give the Chinese the benefit of the doubt, they harmed Star Wars after all.

Disney fans however are hopeless. They'll probably go and watch this 6 times in the theaters while it's still out. They'd just give a thumbs up to everything Disney does. The Mouse could probably rape their mothers and they'd still say it was amazing.

Pikonic

Now catchable in Pokémon GO
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here’s my plan to fix this:
1.) Don’t show anything more for this movie until the release date. What we see is what we get until we go to the theater.
2.) Change the color of Will Smith, make it so he borders on green, but have it still debatable if he’s blue or green.
3.) Wait for the inevitable internet slap fight
4.) Tweet : “Is the genie blue or green? There’s only one way to find out. Get your tickets for Aladdin now!”

Last edited:

1Tonka_Truck

Loaded Like A Boxcar Moving Like A Racecar
kiwifarms.net
They complained that Jasmine’s actress was half white. They said she should be fully Indian lmfao
Did this friend watch the original? Did they get confused by the song Arabian Nights? Agrabah is supposed to be Bagdad. By idpol rules, isn't this cultural appropriation?
The trailer was passable...up until they got to Will Smith's manboob genie
They were planing on black Smith until some set photography or maybe screencaps got out and the internet freaked out that Genie wasn't blue. Disney's response was, "Don't worry, it'll be in post." That should have been a huge red flag for anyone that cared about this movie.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
Through the Looking Glass flopped hard, as did Mary Poppins Returns. Dumbo will also likely flop. But there's a half dozen more of these shit films in the pipeline, so I wouldn't be too optimistic about a singular flop (even one as high profile as The Lion King) ending this wretched experiment anytime soon.
You forgot “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms”, but Then, so did everybody else:
8D4E9D6D-7F45-4DDC-8416-92802BB3FD94.jpeg

purpleboy

Exceptional the Individualhog
kiwifarms.net
They were planing on black Smith until some set photography or maybe screencaps got out and the internet freaked out that Genie wasn't blue. Disney's response was, "Don't worry, it'll be in post." That should have been a huge red flag for anyone that cared about this movie.
Pretty sure they said he's mainly gonna be blue and that human Will was just gonna be in the scenes where Robin would've disguised himself in the original. Damn shame, this version of Genie doesn't fucking terrify me
IMG_2609.JPG

1Tonka_Truck

Loaded Like A Boxcar Moving Like A Racecar
kiwifarms.net
Pretty sure they said he's mainly gonna be blue and that human Will was just gonna be in the scenes where Robin would've disguised himself in the original. Damn shame, this version of Genie doesn't fucking terrify me
View attachment 663131
Whether or not they planned on Genie being blue from the beginning, doing the bluing in post-production with CGI only is the issue.

Slamerella

If I won't do it, then who will?
kiwifarms.net
All I can think of is Fesh Pince because of this.

"I'm finally gonna wish for something the Sultan has been wanting for so long."
"What, uh... Pizza Hut in the Palace Gardens?"
"Better."
(Aladdin is intelligible thanks to the raucous laughter. Genie looks in disgust.)

• Feels
Reactions: DontTellMeHowToPlay

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
According to a rumor I heard in Disney fansites the Sultan is dead or dies in this version, so Jasmine goes all Queen from the start or something. Because she was too "passive" in the original film.
Then what's going to replace the conflict with Jasmine and her father over how she didn't want to be in an arranged marriage? Is Aladdin just going to be a thirsty beta trying to seduce her for no reason? I wonder if they'll use the old sitcom tropes and make Aladdin a bumbling idiot to the degree that it's unbelievable that he could survive on his own on the street just to play up how competent Jasmine is. And on that train of thought, I wonder how they'll handle the subtle "fundie Islamic society is oppressing women" idea they introduced with the arranged marriage, though if the Sultan dies I assume they would just ignore it entirely.

Stephanie Bustcakes

This is what Chris actually believes
kiwifarms.net
Then what's going to replace the conflict with Jasmine and her father over how she didn't want to be in an arranged marriage? Is Aladdin just going to be a thirsty beta trying to seduce her for no reason? I wonder if they'll use the old sitcom tropes and make Aladdin a bumbling idiot to the degree that it's unbelievable that he could survive on his own on the street just to play up how competent Jasmine is. And on that train of thought, I wonder how they'll handle the subtle "fundie Islamic society is oppressing women" idea they introduced with the arranged marriage, though if the Sultan dies I assume they would just ignore it entirely.
I'm guessing it will be something like this: The Sultan is dead, but since Jasmine is a woman she cannot be Sultan, so she must now marry a prince so that there is a male heir to the throne. By the end of the movie she proves to everybody that she is a capable leader and everybody claps ect.

Lucille Bluth

kiwifarms.net
Preparing for outrage about Jasmine's marginalized PoC 16-year-old boobs in 3...2...
Lol. Jasmine is white by American standards and everyone on Social Media was complaining about how "white" Naomi Scott looked anyways. Even if I think she looks pretty "brown".

She said that she has special privileges since she is half white. She said that fully Indian actresses should have gotten the role.
I guess she hasn’t heard of Bollywood then. If she desires movies with fully Indian people, she could look there. Does she not know international film industries exist?
It's funny because Indian culture loves white skin and many will bleach to extremes. In Bollywood they'd probably cast the actress that has the whitest skin.

I also understand though from a friend that the actress (Naomi) wouldn't be liked because Indians aren't as fond of mixed people representing them, basically they're okay with the bleached or naturally near ghost white skinned Indians representing them as long as they're the child of two South Asian parents.

Cyborg Scars

Adam Sandler's #1 Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeesh. I wasn't expecting The Scorpion King in a Dinsey movie until Jungle Cruise.

For "Live Action" movies they sure do have terrible CGI. You'd think they'd try to get the one thing that technically makes them not animated at least passable but it seems that as long it makes money, Disney will put in literally no effort.

Also, Will Smith? Seriously??? They should have gone for someone funny in the very least. I reckon Jayden would be more entertaining just from a weirdness value stand point.

I can't wait for China to collapse so they can stop propping up POS cinema

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Everyone knows that Genie should have been played by Nicolas Cage just Caging out.

Also, what the fuck is up with Jafar? I legit laughed at him as he had no gravitas or menace to him.

Fandom Trash

Just your typical tumblr trash
kiwifarms.net
The costumes looks something more for a broadway production than for a movie.

No one really looks excited to be in the movie except Will Smith, just cuz its Will Smith.

The production just looks so cheap, you'd think they would go big with the clothing since they never made an indian live action before, but the costumes look like someone went on a shopping spree in PartyCity.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino