Aladdin remake trailer/general - robin williams didn't die for this

friedshrimp

uwuu
kiwifarms.net
The only thing I'm gonna give it a little bit of credit is that so far the wokeness thing seems to have died down when compared to it being shown on Maleficent or Beauty and the Beast. I mean yeah the stuff with empowered Jasmine is annoying, but at least Aladdin doesn't seem to have been changed to an asshole or the Carpet turned gay or something like that.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
kiwifarms.net
Popping back in to say I found it funny that the Aladdin trailer they played in front of this one screening of Detective Pikachu today was the very first trailer released :story:. I don't know if trailers are just assigned to certain movies at certain times or are rotated or what, but it amuses me they used an old-ass trailer when I've seen the more recent trailer in front of the same movie last Friday (at a different theater).

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Popping back in to say I found it funny that the Aladdin trailer they played in front of this one screening of Detective Pikachu today was the very first trailer released :story:. I don't know if trailers are just assigned to certain movies at certain times or are rotated or what, but it amuses me they used an old-ass trailer when I've seen the more recent trailer in front of the same movie last Friday (at a different theater).
Same here, actually.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Kari Kamiya

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
I love the Prince Ali clip, because of how bad it is, and because it perfectly displays why these remakes DO NOT WORK.

Will Smith is literally just standing around, making hand gestures while he's sing-talking the lyrics. In the animated movie, the Genie was zapping around everywhere while he was singing, taking multiple different forms (like animals, different people, etc.). The original was just so much more lively and energetic.

It's as if this movie was always meant to be animated. WHAT A CONCEPT.

The one nice thing I'll say about the film, though, is that Jasmine's outfits are gorgeous. Belle's outfits in the Beauty & The Beast remake were fugly. At least Jasmine's outfits make me go "ooooh, pretty!"

Last edited:
U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
I love the Prince Ali clip, because of how bad it is, and because it perfectly displays why these remakes DO NOT WORK.

Will Smith is literally just standing around, making hand gestures while he's sing-talking the lyrics. In the animated movie, the Genie was zapping around everywhere while he was singing, taking multiple different forms (like animals, different people, etc.). The original was just so much more lively and energetic.

It's as if this movie was always meant to be animated. WHAT A CONCEPT.

The one nice thing I'll say about the film, though, is that Jasmine's outfits are gorgeous. Belle's outfits in the Beauty & The Beast remake were fugly. At least Jasmine's outfits make me go "ooooh, pretty!"
Tbf, it is possible to make this scene work in live action, but it requires someone with a keen eye for music and choreography, like Baz Luhrmann or Michael Gracey, not an action film director like Guy Ritchie

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
Tbf, it is possible to make this scene work in live action, but it requires someone with a keen eye for music and choreography, like Baz Luhrmann or Michael Gracey, not an action film director like Guy Ritchie
Who was the choreographer for Enchanted? I imagine they would've done far better, I mean the music numbers in that were great in the sheer over the top silliness. And it didn't come out all that long ago ffs.

Chin of Campbell

The Coming Chin
kiwifarms.net
There's a Disneydrone at work who talks about how she's so excited to see the LA remakes and yell at the little kids there who never watched the original before seeing the "beautiful new version".

I don't know how to talk to this woman because it isn't professional to call someome a pathetic NPC but there's too much bile rising in my throat every time she opens her mouth to say anything else.

Army Burger

This is the face of sexual harrassment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's a Disneydrone at work who talks about how she's so excited to see the LA remakes and yell at the little kids there who never watched the original before seeing the "beautiful new version".

I don't know how to talk to this woman because it isn't professional to call someome a pathetic NPC but there's too much bile rising in my throat every time she opens her mouth to say anything else.
Lol calm down it's just a movie

jellycar

Actually Patty Hearst...or ScarJo if you prefer.
kiwifarms.net
Apparently Billy Magnussen is a highlight of the film.

I'll only see his and Nassim Pedrad's scenes. Ignore everything else

They just ruined Jaffar. David Beckham syndrome at its finest

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
kiwifarms.net
VFX artists say the CGI Genie body is fine, but then go on to say the lighting and body proportions are off, which is why Will Smith Genie looked so weird in the first trailer.

Reactions: SteelPlatedHeart
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino