Album so bad you wanted to die -

What's worse?

• Total voters

Hard-Neutral

Mister Höek has gone insane
kiwifarms.net
I've heard some truly awful shit but I think there's definitely something worse out there. What's an entire album that made you want to take a shotgun blast to the cock?

This easily takes the cake for me personally.

Edit: The more I listen to the shit in this thread, the more I realize that these songs feel like ten minutes when the runtime has only hit three.

Last edited:

Hard-Neutral

kiwifarms.net
I don't even like Pink Floyd all that much but this album sounds like it escaped from an outhouse in Camp Crystal Lake.

Would Stalaggh count as bad or does that transcend such mortal concepts?
This is the shit you hear from deepest depths of hell. So, yeah I'd say it transcends bad music.

Easy. I loved Fishbone and ran to the record store to get this streaming puddle of shit: https://youtu.be/dRwhXMaPryk

I tried 1 and a half listens and sold it back at a huge loss. Fuck that band.
This song is so bad it's good material, good choice though.

Alto

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
Arcade Fire's Everything Now was one of the biggest disappointments of my life. Reflektor wasn't a great album by any means but it at least had a few good songs on it. Everything Now was the final indication that my sincere little indie group that had kept me in tune with the magic of childhood had finally completely sold out to pop shit.

Hard-Neutral

kiwifarms.net
Arcade Fire's Everything Now was one of the biggest disappointments of my life. Reflektor wasn't a great album by any means but it at least had a few good songs on it. Everything Now was the final indication that my sincere little indie group that had kept me in tune with the magic of childhood had finally completely sold out to pop shit.
I've heard of this band since the day I got into music and I've seen few very good thing's said about them, I can understand why.

Salad_Dodger

Was molested by Repzion's dead gramps.
kiwifarms.net
The Suburbs hits me like a shot of nostalgia and goodness but most releases after that just make me feel disappointed.

Alto

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
What's an album you'd recommend from them?
The first three albums are them at their very best. Funeral constructs itself like a look into childhood nostalgia, though the vocals were at their weakest. But it's still an iconic album with a lot of heart to it.
Neon Bible is the blacksheep of the three and is pretty heavy and broody. But there's some bangers in there for sure.
The Suburbs is easily their best album imo. It has some of their best songs without the weirdness of the previous two albums.

Hard-Neutral

kiwifarms.net
The first three albums are them at their very best. Funeral constructs itself like a look into childhood nostalgia, though the vocals were at their weakest. But it's still an iconic album with a lot of heart to it.
Neon Bible is the blacksheep of the three and is pretty heavy and broody. But there's some bangers in there for sure.
The Suburbs is easily their best album imo. It has some of their best songs without the weirdness of the previous two albums.
Thanks, I'll check all of these out.

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
The title of "Worst album ever recorded" usually goes to "Philosophy of the World" by the Shaggs, but I don't think it qualifies because:

a) it was made by amateurs
b) it was, perhaps uniquely, the only professionally released album made by people who didn't want to be musicians. Frank Zappa said that this made "Philosophy of the World" a unique piece of outsider art and I find it hard to disagree with him.

Instead, I vote for "Hulk Rules" by Hulk Hogan and The Wrestling Boot Band:

Playlist:

Unlike the Shaggs, everyone involved in this monstrosity was a paid professional doing this by their own choice. This album had an ACTUAL PRODUCER who presumably listened to this and decided "yes, this is good enough to release". Every song is uniquely painful to listen to in its own way, but the choice cut is "Hulkster in Heaven", a tribute to an actual dead child and Hulk Hogan fan so awful that if I were the child in question I would rise from my grave out of spite and haunt Hulk Hogan for the rest of his life like something out of a J-Horror film.

See how far you can get into this song:

Edit: My SO made it to 1:27 before she demanded I turn it off. It's nearly 5 minutes long.

Last edited:
Unlike the Shaggs, everyone involved in this monstrosity was a paid professional doing this by their own choice. This album had an ACTUAL PRODUCER who presumably listened to this and decided "yes, this is good enough to release". Every song is uniquely painful to listen to in its own way, but the choice cut is "Hulkster in Heaven", a tribute to an actual dead child and Hulk Hogan fan so awful that if I were the child in question I would rise from my grave out of spite and haunt Hulk Hogan for the rest of his life like something out of The Grudge.

See how far you can get into this song:

The worst thing about this is the production and mixing. It's actually literally unlistenable.

Senor Cardgage Mortgage

Funposter extraordinare
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kevin Federaline's Playing with Fire

Never has an album been filled with so much mediocrity and unwarranted self importance that it almost hurts to listen to it.

• Winner
Reactions: Spedestrian

Positron

Bovid-19. Codename: White Yak
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Enya's A Day Without Rain -- lackluster music (though I don't expect otherwise), cringy lyrics, and worst of all, atrocious engineering.

• Agree
Reactions: Robert Sanvagene
Tags
None