Album so bad you wanted to die -

What's worse?

• Total voters

Spedestrian

Demonically Possessed Ray-Ba᠎ns
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kevin Federaline's Playing with Fire

Never has an album been filled with so much mediocrity and unwarranted self importance that it almost hurts to listen to it.
The problem is that you're thinking of it as a music album. If you think of it as a comedy album then the only thing that'll hurt is your sides. Imagining that talentless nobody strutting around like he's hot shit kills me every time. Try listening to "Dance With a Pimp" without laughing. I'm pretty sure it can't be done:

Reactions: Salad_Dodger

Hard-Neutral

Mister Höek has gone insane
kiwifarms.net
The title of "Worst album ever recorded" usually goes to "Philosophy of the World" by the Shaggs, but I don't think it qualifies because:

a) it was made by amateurs
b) it was, perhaps uniquely, the only professionally released album made by people who didn't want to be musicians. Frank Zappa said that this made "Philosophy of the World" a unique piece of outsider art and I find it hard to disagree with him.

Instead, I vote for "Hulk Rules" by Hulk Hogan and The Wrestling Boot Band:

Playlist:

Unlike the Shaggs, everyone involved in this monstrosity was a paid professional doing this by their own choice. This album had an ACTUAL PRODUCER who presumably listened to this and decided "yes, this is good enough to release". Every song is uniquely painful to listen to in its own way, but the choice cut is "Hulkster in Heaven", a tribute to an actual dead child and Hulk Hogan fan so awful that if I were the child in question I would rise from my grave out of spite and haunt Hulk Hogan for the rest of his life like something out of a J-Horror film.

See how far you can get into this song:

Edit: My SO made it to 1:27 before she demanded I turn it off. It's nearly 5 minutes long.
Dude, the mixing is fucking awful. The lyrics, the production, this song fucking blows. That kid is turning in his grave. Seems like a fucking joke, almost.

Looks like I'll be enjoying myself.

• Feels
Reactions: Spunt

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
The albums that bother me the most are the ones that are genuinely popular, but they suck so. Damn. Hard.

Nickelback? Creed? Yeah, we all know that they suck ... But their suckiness is actually pretty hilarious to the point where their songs have become funny memes. They don't spark anger from me.

People claiming that Miley Cyrus is this "groundbreaking" talent, though? Her album sales going through the roof? Fuck off with that noise. "Miley Cyrus and Her Dead Petz" is legitimately one of the worst albums I've ever had the displeasure of listening to.

People claiming that Nicki Minaj is one of the best female rappers ever? Fuck off.

People saying that Imagine Dragons is one of the best modern day rock bands? FUCK OFF.

Hard-Neutral

kiwifarms.net
The albums that bother me the most are the ones that are genuinely popular, but they suck so. Damn. Hard.

Nickelback? Creed? Yeah, we all know that they suck ... But their suckiness is actually pretty hilarious to the point where their songs have become funny memes. They don't spark anger from me.

People claiming that Miley Cyrus is this "groundbreaking" talent, though? Her album sales going through the roof? Fuck off with that noise. "Miley Cyrus and Her Dead Petz" is legitimately one of the worst albums I've ever had the displeasure of listening to.

People claiming that Nicki Minaj is one of the best female rappers ever? Fuck off.

People saying that Imagine Dragons is one of the best modern day rock bands? FUCK OFF.
I can definitely agree with what you're preaching here. I can't stand albums that are mediocre or just downright awful getting SO much fucking attention. Nothing directly comes to mind of the top of my head but it reminds me of when my areas Fox station talks about current movies and talks about literally the worst shit I've ever seen and says it's fucking good. Pisses me off man.

Reactions: StarkRavingMad

EmpireOfTheClouds

They climbed aboard their silver ghost
kiwifarms.net
If you're from Canada, you'll know of a band called USS. Their 2009 debut album Questamation wasn't anything special, but it was a step above most indietronica out there with metal and DnB influences. their following EP N/A OK was OK, kinda forgettable really.

And then in 2014 they released Advanced Basics. The lead single "Yin Yang" was fantastic and was even used in an advert for the show Arrow. it was different sounding, even. But when I heard the album... It was BAD. REALLY BAD.

Then in 2016, they released the final nail in the coffin, New World Alphabet was releaed. The lead single "Work Shoes" was the first big sign of danger. A completely lazy, lethargic and zero effort tune that was as energetic as going to shop for work shoes. And sadly it reflected the album itself. You could tell the band just stopped caring about making decent music altogether. Honestly not bothering with whatever they release next unless it has a total banger like "Anti Venom" or 'Neurochemical Warfare Gas Masquerade".

Salad_Dodger

Was molested by Repzion's dead gramps.
kiwifarms.net
I actually liked the Mikey Cyrus and Her Dead Petz. I didn't get why people called it "groundbreaking", Its just a Flaming Lips album with vocals by Miley. It's polarizing that's for sure.

Reactions: Hard-Neutral

Hard-Neutral

kiwifarms.net
If you're from Canada, you'll know of a band called USS. Their 2009 debut album Questamation wasn't anything special, but it was a step above most indietronica out there with metal and DnB influences. their following EP N/A OK was OK, kinda forgettable really.

And then in 2014 they released Advanced Basics. The lead single "Yin Yang" was fantastic and was even used in an advert for the show Arrow. it was different sounding, even. But when I heard the album... It was BAD. REALLY BAD.

Then in 2016, they released the final nail in the coffin, New World Alphabet was releaed. The lead single "Work Shoes" was the first big sign of danger. A completely lazy, lethargic and zero effort tune that was as energetic as going to shop for work shoes. And sadly it reflected the album itself. You could tell the band just stopped caring about making decent music altogether. Honestly not bothering with whatever they release next unless it has a total banger like "Anti Venom" or 'Neurochemical Warfare Gas Masquerade".
This Yin-Yang track is pretty good. For something moderately popular and used in multiple different big forms within different medias (Titanfall 2, Arrow) it's actually pretty fucking good. Awesome instrumental and good production. Their next song started playing and I wanted to die. Someone in the comments summed it up perfectly "when i first heard this song i thought nickleback had gone off the deep end." The song 'This Is The Best' is quite possibly one of the worst songs I've ever heard and easily the worst I've found through this thread. I don't think I could stand an entire album like this.

Reactions: EmpireOfTheClouds

EmpireOfTheClouds

They climbed aboard their silver ghost
kiwifarms.net
This Yin-Yang track is pretty good. For something moderately popular and used in multiple different big forms within different medias (Titanfall 2, Arrow) it's actually pretty fucking good. Awesome instrumental and good production. Their next song started playing and I wanted to die. Someone in the comments summed it up perfectly "when i first heard this song i thought nickleback had gone off the deep end." The song 'This Is The Best' is quite possibly one of the worst songs I've ever heard and easily the worst I've found through this thread. I don't think I could stand an entire album like this.
The sad thing is, This is the Best, as bad as it is, looks like a masterpiece compared to "Work Shoes".

Reactions: Hard-Neutral

Coffee Shits

Hardcore
kiwifarms.net
Pink Guy's Pink Season was a big disappointment to me. I'm not expecting beautiful concertos from a comedy album, but boy was it just not funny - it's just one too-long unmemorable trap song after the other. I could sing you the sweet melodies of Pink Guy's "Kill Yourself", "Dick Pays Rent" or "Friendzone" but I can't recall a single track off of Pink Season.

The Suburbs is definitely my fave album from Arcade Fire, beyond that? I can't think of another album that I liked as a full cohesive unit. A few of them just had maybe a couple of okay songs. They've really disappointed me.
Speaking of The Suburbs - great album, by the way - I put the Deluxe Edition of it in the same bucket as Pink Season. The added tracks "Culture War" and "Speaking in Tongues" are slapped on at the end as you do with re-releases and can be skipped. They don't fit with the album at all and it shows.

My objection is that they changed "Wasted Hours", opting to call it "Wasted Hours (A Life That We Can Live)" instead. Originally this was a nice intermezzo (combined with "Deep Blue") that builds up to "We Used To Wait" and sets the tone for the remainder of the album. With the Deluxe Edition there's an extra minute tacked on after the song is already resolved, cutting over to a complete different groove that slams the brakes on the album's flow.

Hard-Neutral

kiwifarms.net
Pink Guy's Pink Season was a big disappointment to me. I'm not expecting beautiful concertos from a comedy album, but boy was it just not funny - it's just one too-long unmemorable trap song after the other. I could sing you the sweet melodies of Pink Guy's "Kill Yourself", "Dick Pays Rent" or "Friendzone" but I can't recall a single track off of Pink Season.

Speaking of The Suburbs - great album, by the way - I put the Deluxe Edition of it in the same bucket as Pink Season. The added tracks "Culture War" and "Speaking in Tongues" are slapped on at the end as you do with re-releases and can be skipped. They don't fit with the album at all and it shows.

My objection is that they changed "Wasted Hours", opting to call it "Wasted Hours (A Life That We Can Live)" instead. Originally this was a nice intermezzo (combined with "Deep Blue") that builds up to "We Used To Wait" and sets the tone for the remainder of the album. With the Deluxe Edition there's an extra minute tacked on after the song is already resolved, cutting over to a complete different groove that slams the brakes on the album's flow.
I feel the disappointment man, used to love Pink Guy, ended on such a shit note honestly. Even the last couple tracks before the end of Filthy Frank and Pink Guy as a whole were dogshit honestly. *sigh**sigh**sigh*

• Feels
Reactions: Coffee Shits

Lilly Philly Burnelli

“Hello Jew! Now turn on the ovens!” Linger longer!
kiwifarms.net
Hate to be a mainstream hater but Corey Feldman's Angelic 2 The Core is atrocious on a conceptual level and a musical level. So disjointed, even a twelve year old using only GarageBand loops sounds better than this shit. Feldman actually uses loops on this, fairly popular ones, but manages to make them sound so overproduced and awful with hundreds of tracks all doing different things at different tempos, keys. Feldman wanted $105,000 but only raised $14,982.

The album cover is so bad it isn't even cropped so you have ugly black bars on the side.

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
The title of "Worst album ever recorded" usually goes to "Philosophy of the World" by the Shaggs, but I don't think it qualifies because:

a) it was made by amateurs
b) it was, perhaps uniquely, the only professionally released album made by people who didn't want to be musicians. Frank Zappa said that this made "Philosophy of the World" a unique piece of outsider art and I find it hard to disagree with him.

Instead, I vote for "Hulk Rules" by Hulk Hogan and The Wrestling Boot Band:

Playlist:

Unlike the Shaggs, everyone involved in this monstrosity was a paid professional doing this by their own choice. This album had an ACTUAL PRODUCER who presumably listened to this and decided "yes, this is good enough to release". Every song is uniquely painful to listen to in its own way, but the choice cut is "Hulkster in Heaven", a tribute to an actual dead child and Hulk Hogan fan so awful that if I were the child in question I would rise from my grave out of spite and haunt Hulk Hogan for the rest of his life like something out of a J-Horror film.

See how far you can get into this song:

Edit: My SO made it to 1:27 before she demanded I turn it off. It's nearly 5 minutes long.
Fuck. I KNOW the Shagg album!! Mostly cuz, I was a big Dr. Demento fan decades ago. The band sounded retarded or autistic, seriously.
I got to 29sec on 'Hulkster'.

My Vote:
Mucky Pup _Now_ released 1990
New Jersey fucktards with ZERO musical ability attempting to white rap/hard rock/comedy/ and whothefuck knows all on one album.
Track 5 has this musical inspiration
Imagine a time in which a Warner Bros division (Roadrunner Records) promoted a song about vaginal gas discharge.
You thought these days were bad.

Last edited:

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net

I rarely agree with YouTube comments, but the person who described this as "Mike Love's Pet Sounds" hit the mark. I can't prove that being involved in this is what gave Carl Wilson cancer, but I certainly can't rule it out. Dennis drowned himself in 83 because he knew if he was still alive he'd have to participate in this fuckawful version of "Forever" starring John Stamos.

Bonus video of a single from the album if you wanna see 50-year-old Mike Love perving on college aged girls

Tags
None