Disaster Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Megathread - because you guys can't shut up about this chick

Should we abolish ICE and exempt Latinos from immigration laws?

• Yes

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • No

Votes: 64 12.1%
  • No Human Is Illegal

Votes: 21 4.0%
  • Hahahahahahahaha :story:

Votes: 103 19.5%
  • Someone needs to tard-wrangle AOC, Tlaib, and Omar

Votes: 224 42.3%
  • Breh

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • Brah

Votes: 21 4.0%
  • Bruh

Votes: 64 12.1%

• Total voters

JosephStalin

Vozhd
kiwifarms.net
I've never used NYC's subway because Manhattan is so fucking tiny there's really no point to it as a tourist, but I was really unimpressed with DC's subway system. Its expensive. The lines fucking zig zag so if you want to go, say due EAST, you have to switch lines. And the connections are inconvenient (mainly because of all the zig zagging, so you end up having to go three extra stops to make a connection than you would if the lines ran straight).

DC vs. Manhattan subway maps:
Yeah, many years ago when living in Maryland we'd drive to the New Carrollton station and get off near the White House. National Mall close by, everything you'd want to see. Easy on, easy off, saved driving in DC.

LordKaT

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't believe this girl gives a flying fuck about her constituents. She just wants to play "Congresswoman", not really do the job. If AOC really wanted to make her mark in Congress, ensuring re-elections, she'd be listening more and babbling much less. She'd have at least one office open to serve constituents. She'd have periodic "town halls" back home to listen to people's thoughts, ideas, and questions. She'd be making contacts on both sides of the aisle. Bet a new member can learn a lot from Congresspeople who have been there for a while, and bet such people are willing to help, whether she's of their party or not. AOC would periodically meet with her state's Senators, learn from them, maybe coordinate positions on issues. AOC would be quietly visiting Cabinet Secretaries, to introduce herself and make connections to be used when a constituent needs help. At least that's how I would do it. Not rocket science. Just common sense.

If you are willing to work and learn, have some common sense, and are reasonably affable you can be a successful Congressperson or Senator, one who will be taken seriously. AOC's just playing "Congresswoman", and in doing so has made a fool of herself and done a serious disservice to her constituents and the nation.
AOC is Brianna Wu, but way more gulag-y.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Hole no longer smoking
kiwifarms.net

Did someone mention that the guy who is funding her wears a t-shirt of a Nazi supporter?
That's pretty fucking strange. Bose and Savitri Devi might be the two recognizable names connected to India and Nazi's during WW2, at least in my mind and even then Devi is much more obscure. It can't be a whoopsie.

India and Hitler can be a bit weird but Chakrabarti is born in the US so he doesn't have the benefit of the geographical and cultural distance that blurs the context of who the Nazi's were and what they were up to.

Compositesludge

kiwifarms.net

Did someone mention that the guy who is funding her wears a t-shirt of a Nazi supporter?
What I found strange and revealing about his choice of political role models is that there hasn't (at least, to my knowledge, I'd definitely like to be proven wrong) even been any acknowledgment or defense of this from anybody connected with AOC's staff. It's curious enough that even people I know in Europe have asked me about it, and there's seemingly has been no real discussion or even mention of it. Between this and the Green New Deal's FAQ, it seems like her staff has a bit of a proclivity for memory-holing politically dubious things, which probably wouldn't bode well if she held any actual power.

Don't believe this girl gives a flying fuck about her constituents. She just wants to play "Congresswoman", not really do the job. If AOC really wanted to make her mark in Congress, ensuring re-elections, she'd be listening more and babbling much less. She'd have at least one office open to serve constituents. She'd have periodic "town halls" back home to listen to people's thoughts, ideas, and questions. She'd be making contacts on both sides of the aisle. Bet a new member can learn a lot from Congresspeople who have been there for a while, and bet such people are willing to help, whether she's of their party or not. AOC would periodically meet with her state's Senators, learn from them, maybe coordinate positions on issues. AOC would be quietly visiting Cabinet Secretaries, to introduce herself and make connections to be used when a constituent needs help. At least that's how I would do it. Not rocket science. Just common sense.

If you are willing to work and learn, have some common sense, and are reasonably affable you can be a successful Congressperson or Senator, one who will be taken seriously. AOC's just playing "Congresswoman", and in doing so has made a fool of herself and done a serious disservice to her constituents and the nation.
She got in on a trojan horse platform using a tactic to get herself elected.

Had it been done in the traditional dem vs republican she wouldn't have had a chance, they would have scooted her out the door, but now she's in her position and enacting her political plans.

Of course she doesn't give a fuck about her constituents, they were only ever a means to get her elected to Congress so she could start building a political brand for herself and then use that political branding to get herself a comfy position like a senate seat permanently on the fringes of the democrat party.

Reactions: Nykysnottrans

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

and gave me aids
kiwifarms.net
She got in on a trojan horse platform using a tactic to get herself elected.

Had it been done in the traditional dem vs republican she wouldn't have had a chance, they would have scooted her out the door, but now she's in her position and enacting her political plans.

Of course she doesn't give a fuck about her constituents, they were only ever a means to get her elected to Congress so she could start building a political brand for herself and then use that political branding to get herself a comfy position like a senate seat permanently on the fringes of the democrat party.
She is a totalitarian who does not believe in national borders or federalism. She wants a globalized set of centralized powers controlling all of the world to prescribe everything for everyone. It is no surprise that she doesn't give a shit about her constituents, she believes she has responsibility for everyone in the world.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
kiwifarms.net
She is a totalitarian who does not believe in national borders or federalism. She wants a globalized set of centralized powers controlling all of the world to prescribe everything for everyone. It is no surprise that she doesn't give a shit about her constituents, she believes she has responsibility for everyone in the world.
Yeah, when she can't even be responsible for herself. I predict one term and out for her, then back to the bar. She has no real political philosophy of her own that would make her a writer or speechmaker, keeping some connection to the political world. She has...nothing, basically. She's the Leon Spinks of the House.

LordKaT

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, when she can't even be responsible for herself. I predict one term and out for her, then back to the bar. She has no real political philosophy of her own that would make her a writer or speechmaker, keeping some connection to the political world. She has...nothing, basically. She's the Leon Spinks of the House.
She remodeled herself as a strong latinx wyxmyn of color so the justice democrats could use her as a face for their communism campaign.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
I don't see her ever going back to tending bar, even if she is a "one term and out" she'll tard cum it like all politicians do. She'll have a few books, be a news correspondent for a while, maybe speak a few places for a large and undisclosed fee, etc.

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't see her ever going back to tending bar, even if she is a "one term and out" she'll tard cum it like all politicians do. She'll have a few books, be a news correspondent for a while, maybe speak a few places for a large and undisclosed fee, etc.
She was only ever a bartender as a hobby anyway, I guarantee you. That is absolutely one of the jobs rich kids love to get as a hobby, because if they get an in with one of their parents' buddies who owns a bar or something, they can basically pick up whatever shifts they feel like working, come in, make a few drinks, she flashes her tits for some tips and probably does shots with a bunch of her friends that drop by, she leaves when she feels like it. The sort of "bartender" that the people that are actually doing it as a profession probably loath and hate to see walk through the door, because they know they're going to be covering for this privileged dipshit all night.

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So was there ever any merit to the claims she pocketed a bunch of campaign money? They were especially funny coming after her raging about campaign finance reform.
Almost certainly, but the day that the ethics officials actually do anything more than shake a finger at a politician for embezzling campaign money is the day politicians actually start serving the people rather than themselves.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
kiwifarms.net
The speeches, yeah, could see that. She'll have a ready-made audience. Far as TV goes, maybe a short stint as a "contributor", but not long, once she shows just how clueless she is. Far as books go, the only type of books I could see her writing are coloring books. Hey, maybe she could get her own bar...

Reactions: Nykysnottrans
The speeches, yeah, could see that. She'll have a ready-made audience. Far as TV goes, maybe a short stint as a "contributor", but not long, once she shows just how clueless she is. Far as books go, the only type of books I could see her writing are coloring books. Hey, maybe she could get her own bar...
Oh come on, you can have ghostwriters churn out vague leftist drivel and have her put her name and face on it and it'll be a best seller.

Hux

kiwifarms.net
She was only ever a bartender as a hobby anyway, I guarantee you. That is absolutely one of the jobs rich kids love to get as a hobby, because if they get an in with one of their parents' buddies who owns a bar or something, they can basically pick up whatever shifts they feel like working, come in, make a few drinks, she flashes her tits for some tips and probably does shots with a bunch of her friends that drop by, she leaves when she feels like it. The sort of "bartender" that the people that are actually doing it as a profession probably loath and hate to see walk through the door, because they know they're going to be covering for this privileged dipshit all night.
Not to mention what kind of bar she served at that makes the difference. In other words, I'm incredibly positive she's tended bar at a rather high end night club in a gentrified part of town that is a hotspot for hipsters and yuppies that those said rich kids tend to "work" at. Not exactly any lower end sports bar that tends to attract the sort that actually do this shit for a living as opposed to a hobby if you know what I mean

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Fern bars died in the 80's, my friend.

I've never even heard of "fern bars" but that entire article smacks of problematic ideas, like the idea that women need special decor to feel comfortable in a bar (not okay in 2019 you chauvinist), or that it's okay to talk to a woman at a bar (not okay in 2019 you rapist).

I use a galaxy phone with Swype and trying to swype "rapist" my phone thinks I'm trying to type @CatParty so what does that tell you

Slappy McGherkin

Let me introduce you to coulrophobia.
kiwifarms.net
I've never even heard of "fern bars"
Fern bars were the ultimate meat markets. Pulled my fair share of one-nighters out of them. You didn't go there with a date, you went there to get a date. And then one day....
AIDS.

And all the ferns went unwatered and died. But, they actually rocked while they were a thing.

Talkin' 'bout my generation...
My generation!

I could see AOC opening a GREEN Fern Bar. With eco-alcoholic drinks, served with Cow Fartless tofu burgers. Drink of the house would be a Long Island No Amazon Tea.

Reactions: Alec Benson Leary
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino