Disaster Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Megathread - because you guys can't shut up about this chick

Should we abolish ICE and exempt Latinos from immigration laws?

• Yes

Votes: 20 3.3%
  • No

Votes: 74 12.3%
  • No Human Is Illegal

Votes: 22 3.6%
  • Hahahahahahahaha :story:

Votes: 115 19.1%
  • Someone needs to tard-wrangle AOC, Tlaib, and Omar

Votes: 249 41.3%
  • Breh

Votes: 17 2.8%
  • Brah

Votes: 25 4.1%
  • Bruh

Votes: 81 13.4%

• Total voters

DanteAlighieri

Anti authoritarian asshole asshole
kiwifarms.net
The left in general seems incapable of this. They can never latch on to the actual meat of the issue, the real problems, the real flaws. Since they themselves are obsessed with petty surface level bullshit, that's all they can comprehend going after the competition for. Since their obsession is with optics, words, and the hot topic of the moment rather than legitimate issues, that's always what they go after.
I have a question for you to think about: do they want to? They're after power, and why would people after power solve problems when they can constantly use the problems as a way to get elected?

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a question for you to think about: do they want to? They're after power, and why would people after power solve problems when they can constantly use the problems as a way to get elected?
Well, obviously, the Democrats often brag about being the party of the poor, the downtrodden, and the oppressed, and why would they want to shrink their voter base?

The relevant application here is that they can't seem to pass up only focusing on surface bullshit that doesn't solve anything even when it's detrimental for their power status. AOC making herself look like a dumbass doesn't help their agenda in any way, it just makes them look like the party of dumbasses. If they were being smart about their not-solving-anything power grab they'd do what is often done with the standards like the cigarette companies: pound them into the ground publicly, levy a bunch of revenue-generating fines on them, then continue to quietly support them and protect their monopoly when no one's paying attention.

The issue isn't about the left's intentions, which are obviously malicious, but rather their competence in carrying those intentions out, which in the last decade or so they've been laughably bad at.

Pocket Dragoon

For one-tenth a soul, or a sexual favor.
kiwifarms.net
Control.

Power is nothing, unless it's used to maintain control; problems are simply leveraged to justify control of everything.

Malodorous Merkin

Musky
kiwifarms.net
The left in general seems incapable of this. They can never latch on to the actual meat of the issue, the real problems, the real flaws. Since they themselves are obsessed with petty surface level bullshit, that's all they can comprehend going after the competition for. Since their obsession is with optics, words, and the hot topic of the moment rather than legitimate issues, that's always what they go after.
They are the proverbial man with a hammer to whom every problem looks like a nail.

In this case, AOC is the sped with a green deal to whom every problem looks like a leaking pipeline and a wetback in a cage.

Last edited:

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
So here's a field report for someone I know who is a big supporter of cortez (Well sort of, the goalposts shifted around a bit)

They were talking about how this green new deal is great and going to fix... something to do with homeless people? Somehow?

I said "Well too bad it costs more money than exists, and is so fucking stupid her(cortez's) own party called the republicans calling for a vote on it a 'trap'".

This person first claimed I was wrong, there was no green new deal resolution proposed to congress, it had nothing to do with cortez, and the republicans were trying to trick the democrats by having them vote on it(After first claiming no such statement was made).

So I pulled up various articles showing the factual basis for my opinion.

This person just shifted around, impossible to nail down on anything specific, as I got a monologue between every statement that touched on every single liberal talking point ever (Seriously, kids in cages came up).

This person has previously told me I'm too much of a stickler about climate change, because when people talk about it they just mean environmentalism in general. They like the green new deal, not because of any element of it (They knew nothing about it) but because it sounded good. They like cortez because she's a woman who a lot of people criticize a lot. They hated Obama putting kids in cages, but since he was black obviously most of the criticism of him was just racism...

This is a person I respect, although clearly we don't see eye to eye on politics, and honestly they're usually a lot better than the typical screaming twitter liberal. But that's what opposition to cortez, the green new deal, climate change initiatives, whatever, all have to go up against. Not the thing itself, but the random shit that thing symbolizes to the people who claim to support it.
It absolutely cannot be overstated how incredibly stupid smart people are. They use their intelligence to work stupidity that dumb stupid people could never dream of.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
I love how the NRA always gets blamed for any gun tragedies that happen, when the NRA constantly preaches gun safety and responsibility and to be perfectly honest, the people in my life that are NRA members are absolutely the type of people I would trust with a gun.

Also, I'm a big "Personal responsibility" guy. I'd rather blame the people that committed the crimes rather than an organization. I mean if we're going to go that route, then can't I blame the Democrats for any violent crime committed by an illegal immigrant since they are the ones that want get them over here without many roadblocks?

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now she's plagiarizing Wil Wheaton?

I love how the NRA always gets blamed for any gun tragedies that happen, when the NRA constantly preaches gun safety and responsibility and to be perfectly honest, the people in my life that are NRA members are absolutely the type of people I would trust with a gun.
Also, and I'm not sure about this, but isn't the NRA entirely based in the United States? I wasn't aware that they were an international organization, so how exactly can they be blamed for what happened in New Zealand? Ah... because they advocate for gun rights, obviously, and All Are Guilty Who Wrongthink. Silly me.

Maxliam

Professional Niggo
kiwifarms.net
Now she's plagiarizing Wil Wheaton?

Also, and I'm not sure about this, but isn't the NRA entirely based in the United States? I wasn't aware that they were an international organization, so how exactly can they be blamed for what happened in New Zealand? Ah... because they advocate for gun rights, obviously, and All Are Guilty Who Wrongthink. Silly me.
Why aren't we blaming alcohol companies got drunk driving and broken homes? Guns don't cause violence, the person behind the gun does that. Booze on the other hand has caused more problems than guns could. Should we be demanding Twin Liquors apologize for their business?

LordofCringe7206

kiwifarms.net

Also, I'm a big "Personal responsibility" guy. I'd rather blame the people that committed the crimes rather than an organization. I mean if we're going to go that route, then can't I blame the Democrats for any violent crime committed by an illegal immigrant since they are the ones that want get them over here without many roadblocks?
It's also worth pointing out that the NRA is widely considered to be one of the least extremist gun rights organizations in the country. Plenty of gun rights activists criticize it for being willing to compromise with some gun control laws.

Could you imagine for a second if a more staunch gun rights organization like Gun Owners of America had the lobbying power that the NRA has? Liberals in this country would be literally shitting their pants having to argue with them.

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
Why aren't we blaming alcohol companies got drunk driving and broken homes? Guns don't cause violence, the person behind the gun does that. Booze on the other hand has caused more problems than guns could. Should we be demanding Twin Liquors apologize for their business?
Oh, we blamed alcohol for all of our societal ills 100 years ago...and it led to disaster and basically created organized crime, plus people still (legally and illegally) drank a ton. AOC's ideas are as idiotic and short-sighted as Prohibition.

Maxliam

Professional Niggo
kiwifarms.net
Oh, we blamed alcohol for all of our societal ills 100 years ago...and it led to disaster and basically created organized crime, plus people still (legally and illegally) drank a ton. AOC's ideas are as idiotic and short-sighted as Prohibition.
Indeed, that was my point. It was meant to be rhetoric. It's not the booze that is the problem, it's the person ingesting it who can't behave with it. Just like the person who has a gambling problem isn't a valid reason to close down Vegas or to a lesser extent Branson (it's Vegas if Ned Flanders ran it), it boils down to personal responsibility. The Left doesn't care about that, they want power and control. Guns anger them because people will be able to fight back against their antifa goons.

There's a civil war coming and the Left is gonna regret starting it with their exceptional crap.

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
Indeed, that was my point. It was meant to be rhetoric.
Oh, I was agreeing with you. With people like AOC it's even worse as we have a blueprint for failure yet they keep suggesting '20s and '30s era shit like it's new and will somehow work this time.

And I always love how the Left takes every opportunity to express their hatred and distrust of cops and the military but will say with a straight face that only cops and the military should have guns.

As for today's news, I can't believe this bint mentioned pews and focused on Sutherland Springs. I wonder why she's working the Christian angle so hard. I'm suspicious.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino