Gross Alice Walker Wright / Alice Weaver Wright / Alice Ridley / partypantsNYC / Mercatur / nycaw - The morbidly obese raging alcoholic thieving owner of GOMI.

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).
R

RI 360

kiwifarms.net
Oh and don't forget all the times she's made fun of her users that have had miscarriages. And has insulted GOMIers that are married and have children.
Oh yeah, Alice "it's just medical waste" Wright. Alice also doesn't protect the anonymity of her users. She will often out well-to-do ones for the sake of status signalling how popular she and her site are.

I found what appear to be Alice's divorce records, she's from Texas has lived in Ohio and now is in Brooklyn. [Archive]

Here's a Brant Faulkner the same age today as the Brant Alice married, in Tuscola Texas, with one relative listed. Garrett Faulkner.

And here's a Garrett Faulkner on facebook, also in Tuscola Texas, who appears to be around the age Alice's son would be. [Archive.]

If so, she lied about giving him up for adoption to a gay couple, and lied about later paying for him to go to private school.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is alllllll so WTF.... I'm a former forum member who was a board mod for a minute... She did tell me she had a child she let her ex husband's new wife adopt. I did some conference calls with her and it was really cringey because she doesn't let anyone else talk and she's barely lucid. I feel bad for her, but she's built a real house of cards on the old world wide web.....

A

AA 102

kiwifarms.net
I think she's really lonely and has social anxiety.
It looks like those are problems she causes for herself. I don't think she has social anxiety, she's just a bitch.

So you were on the GOMI staff for a bit, assuming this is true I have a few questions about how GOMI operates:
  • Does Alice actually read members' private messages?
  • Is GOMI Alice's only source of income? If not, do you know what she does or did for a living?
  • Does Alice even care about the website? Navigating it is clunky, it's slow as hell, and it looks very outdated.
  • What are some of the things you would have to do as a staff member? (i.e. duties and such)

Basically I could just do some minimal moderation on the forums, but I never did. I wrote an article and she paid me $20.00. There were never any specific duties out there. I know Conch handled Smug Nom and Lancelle did Shame Puff. Noir did most of the forum moderating, which got old real quick. That's when Alice took on everything on her own. As far as I saw, the only deleting Noir did was stuff that was specifically against the TOS, but I know she was quick to piss people off, so it was better she not be a mod. When I "knew" Alice she did contract code work.

R

RI 360

kiwifarms.net
  • Is GOMI Alice's only source of income? If not, do you know what she does or did for a living?
  • Does Alice even care about the website? Navigating it is clunky, it's slow as hell, and it looks very outdated.
Basically I could just do some minimal moderation on the forums, but I never did. I wrote an article and she paid me $20.00. There were never any specific duties out there. I know Conch handled Smug Nom and Lancelle did Shame Puff. Noir did most of the forum moderating, which got old real quick. That's when Alice took on everything on her own. As far as I saw, the only deleting Noir did was stuff that was specifically against the TOS, but I know she was quick to piss people off, so it was better she not be a mod. When I "knew" Alice she did contract code work.
:story: Alice doing contract coding, that's rich. :story:

It's evident Alice is resentful of her user base, she seems to feel like she's constantly in competition with them instead of enjoying clever commentary that makes the threads worth reading. Her user base generates nearly all of her content, she's getting ad revenue and donations from them while she does nothing to improve the interface and experience of using the site for members.

Here's a really fun chat log someone stored in which Alice makes up an insane and fairly elaborate lie about handing GOMI over to a hosting company

partypantsnyc just got off the phone with the hosting company

partypantsnyc https://instagram.com...X1/?taken-by=gomiblog that's where your ad money is going gomi is going bonkertown server time

missminty awesome pp!

partypantsnyc 2 web servers, 2 database servers, a load balancer, fallback so its never down, replication so shits never lost and now i am going to go cry about the shoes i can never ever buy and drink cheap rose LOL

missminty lol shoes are awesome but GOMI is the best

partypantsnyc but fucking hell what a load off, that price includes them now managing shit so im not breaking things all the time i am SO EXCITED

missminty that's nice i love GOMI i'm so glad i get to hang out here again

Jigsaw that's fabulous sounds like a good setup

partypantsnyc yeah, its time for me to let pros handle it, ya know?

Jigsaw hopefully it will be less stress for you

** partypantsnyc** i mean id rather move to an aspirational loft with that money, but itll be worth it

partypantsnyc SO EXCITED. so much money BUT EXCITED!

Jigsaw hopefully if it's more stable it will help with users therefore more ad clicks or at least impressions people get pissed they enable adblock

partypantsnyc well the forum glitches need to be worked out as well, no awesome backend will fix that but if i dont have to worry about that shit i have actual time to work on the frontend ya know, instead of trying to jank shit so its not so slow and crashing

dckitty thats awesome pp and i agree jigsaw, more stable will probably mean more traffic

ms snark a lot rock on pp

partypantsnyc is it bad that i feel like a failure that i have to hand it over? lol oh well, its what i need to do, so there it is.

missminty you are definitely not a failure

dckitty its a huge site for one person to run in addition to all the mod duties

Jigsaw it's professionalisation of the site makes you more of a manager than a peon

missminty yep

partypantsnyc yeah its time to accept that shit is just beyond me, i hear ya jig totally party with the haitiansjoin

partypantsnyc im honestly really excited to just get back to fixing frontend shit

Jigsaw nah, more that you're taking more of a management approach

partypantsnyc heh, guess your talk the other night did some good, eh? totally party with the haitiansquit

Jigsaw Embrace the Long Term Strategy!

partypantsnyc so they said it could take 2 days - a week to get it all set up and then theyll move gomi to the new setup, but gomi should be online the whole time

missminty awesome!

partypantsnyc and they agreed to give me the first month of the setup at my current server setup price of 1650.00 so, whew im just fucking stoked about INSTANT POSTING wont that be grand? boom, hit post, omg what no load time? where is old gomi?

missminty INSTANT POSTING BAM BOOM

partypantsnyc no timeout white page? what is this sorcery!

dckitty welp there goes my work productivity

partypantsnyc lol

Jigsaw nah, it'll make it faster for me at least no waiting for pages to load

missminty yeah seriously my productivity is definitely going to take a hit but whatevs GOMI FOR LIFE

partypantsnyc stop looking at the number, alice omg that is like twice my rent panics lol

missminty lol

partypantsnyc so yeah i am really happy about this, im excited i have given my ego over to god, or Jigsaw's advice, whichever and i hope this will be a way better future gomi to start the new year stop thinking about no more shoes, alice i am totally ok with this decision but shoes? SHOES

In the conversation Alice recognizes GOMI is a POS and she's constantly fucking it up (though we know this is sometimes on purpose to cleanse comments made while in a drunken stupor), she attempts to coyly manipulate the sympathies of her users by ragging on and on and on about how expensive the upgrade is (twice her rent!), and how everything will be so much better for everyone at the expense of her forgoing buying new shoes. Then she mentions wanting new shoes incessantly. The handover never happened, so it's safe to say partypants was just trying to guilt those in chat into sending her some donations so should could expand her shitty wardrobe.

Thanks for joining us, @SissySocialBillyClub your insight is valuable. Can you recalling anything she's rambled about in conference calls? Can you give us an idea of how she feels about her user base or members more popular than her?

edit: I forgot to mention, but Alice alleged her separation from smugnum/Conch was because she was giving Conch thousands of dollars in revenue her site didn't actually earn and Conch wasn't paying the taxes on it. Did she give you a similar story?

niggawhat

kiwifarms.net
The whole Conch thing really shows how much up a fucked up, alcoholic sad sack PP is. Conch has talked on reddit a couple of time about her drunk calling her, not paying her, etc. But my personal favorite is the this little gem of information:

"Shades of two summers ago. My ex posted on Facebook trashing me and Smugnom. I messaged all my Facebook friends who were online at the moment (she among them) and asked them to please click "report" on the post. That night, PartyPants got me on the phone and told me not only did she report it and help get it taken down, but that she'd also learned that the same person had made a Twitter account called ConchTruths AND reported Smugnom to Federated Media as a hate site, but that she had called on her friends at Twitter and they were able to remove the Twitter account (before I saw it) and have it removed from the Library of Congress Twitter archive. I was in the process of getting a restraining order against this person at the time, and begged her on the phone and in a follow-up email to send me any substantiating information about the accounts before the hearing the next week. She never provided any, of course, because there never was a Twitter account in that name, and probably wasn't a report to FM either."

She's such a lying shit. The only good thing she's probably ever done was abandon her son. Imagine how much she could have fucked him up had she stuck around.

R

RI 360

kiwifarms.net
The whole Conch thing really shows how much up a fucked up, alcoholic sad sack PP is. Conch has talked on reddit a couple of time about her drunk calling her, not paying her, etc. But my personal favorite is the this little gem of information:

:winner: :story: "and have it removed from the Library of Congress Twitter archive." :story: :winner:

She's such a lying shit. The only good thing she's probably ever done was abandon her son. Imagine how much she could have fucked him up had she stuck around.
Here's two threads with Conch herself explaining some of the inner happenings of the smugnom shutdown by PP. She confirms PP was advised by her "accountant" to close the site due to tax reasons. What Alice claimed to others privately was that smugnom was only rolling in several hundred dollars worth of revenue to her a month, but she was sending thousands Conch because she's so generous and a great person. Conch doesn't bring up any numbers but maybe one day she'll come to this thread and give us some insight.

Link because all the imgur links she gives to convo caps are functional.

How PP described the smugnom shutdown:

Someone asks Conch about the accountant and taxes. Conch can't give us exact numbers on the revenue because PP always keeps those things a secret:

A detailed description of partypants abusive, despicable treatment of Conch:

Not sure why Alice's "accountant" couldn't figure out what to deduct from Conch's cut to cover the taxes on her end, but seems more likely PP shutdown smugnom because she was seething in her jealousy of Conch's talent in writing and humor.

Last edited by a moderator:

blakedeadly

kiwifarms.net
I'm an ex-GOMI-er too. I have to say when I first joined (2012 or 2013) Alice wasn't as bad, at least not to the casual user of the site. Or maybe its that she kept her sketchy behaviour off the forums whereas these days its like she uses GOMI as her social life.

I was there in chat for that previously posted chat log where she was all "just got off the phone with the hosting company" and I wish I had a screenshot of the laughable IG she posted that she links to in chat. It was a clearly faked "invoice" for a ridiculously large and random sum of money (something like $3,451) which was what the "hosting company" was charging per month including them "managing shit" which is just ridiculous. She was very good at guilting people into believing that she was sacrificing a lot for GOMI and to run GOMI and invariably when users complained about tech issues there would be the usual Alice sycophants posting stuff along the lines of "stop compaining, GOMI is free to use, it's so great that PP does this for us".

I'm pretty sure this particular downtime was over Hanukkah which basically meant that Alice had the excuse of ignoring everyone for 4 days then saying "Oh sorry its been Hanukkah sorry y'all aren't Jewish" even though apparently she isn't even Jewish?

The way she handled or rather didn't handle the whole Freckled Fox scenario, the fact that she randomly added bits of code that meant you were redirected out of the forums if you were using Adblock without telling anyone or admitting that's what she'd done, and the general shittiness of the website mean that I've pretty much quit GOMI for good. In its heyday it was great, there were some really funny users.. but these days it just seems a lot of the posters are bored older people with too much time on their hands.

R

RI 360

kiwifarms.net
Partypants is in the middle of inciting another dog pile on the Freckled Fox for the crime of finding happiness and trying to regain a semblance of normalcy after her husbands death from cancer PP had accused them from faking. She's scrubbing all comments in which users are mentioning the previous chaos PP and GOMI caused this woman and her family with their false accusations, and users trying to calm others down but PP is now whipping the mob into a frenzy again and leaving up comments with more rampant speculation that her new husband only married her because he must be a child molester.

Alice makes the Freckled Fox front page news again.

Then Alice posts a super ironic jab at FF's announcing by revealing her photographer (no, not a hot new husband) as being a tripod, which we already knew because it shows up in the reflection of her photos at times. A stunning glimpse into the depths of how pathetic this used up piece of shit is.

Dog Prom 3D

I made it rain shrimp! What'd *you* ever do?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
After instigating the despicable pile on when Martin was dying, you'd thing Alice would have the grace not to let Emily's name be bandied about on GOMI again. She's such a foul woman.

And yeah, it's unsettling that Emily remarried that quickly but what is more unsettling is the absolute loathing Alice has for young married women with children, especially Mormons. Her own youthful failed marriage and abandoned son clearly weigh heavily on her. She takes the success, beauty and happiness of these young women as if they are doing something offensive or wrong, like there is a sum total of happiness in the world and that if these women are happy then no happiness is left for Alice.

The Mormon mommy bloggers have a certain aesthetic and even as Alice demeans them she does her best to emulate them as she pretends she's just mocking them. All those ugly shoe shots she posts, her extremely sad home decoration attempts, her deliberately kitschy mockery of homemaking... Her Instagram is a hyper-self-aware refutation of everything she really wishes she could be - young, beautiful and beloved to someone. Never gonna happen Alice. You're living the life you deserve.

Xarpho

Only looks like he's angry
kiwifarms.net
All in all, the sad state of affairs at GOMI seem like the worst amalgam of every forum and site I've been to.

The ones that scream loudly for the most donations without any benefits (like extra forum features or a physical gift) are usually going to be scams (sadly, the thing that immediately came to mind was when Galbadia Hotel asked for donations to prevent potential closure...yes, that is Nick Nyberg's site, before I knew better). I've seen all sorts of dated forums where the owners are rolling in money but can't be bothered to change a system from the late 1990s (or grant users basic options like PMs). Banning users for PMs is just dickish behavior, and topped off with a former camwhore who's just a bad haircut away from being a typical Tumblr-level SJW. I hope more former GOMItes come here to tell us more horror stories. :heart-full: