Gross Alice Walker Wright / Alice Weaver Wright / Alice Ridley / partypantsNYC / Mercatur / nycaw - The morbidly obese raging alcoholic thieving owner of GOMI.

multiverse

Not actually Merissa OR Heather
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ugh her whole style is "Texan big box shopper who thinks Times Square New York City is Tres Sophisticate".

Like, you can be a woman of a certain age and be stylish and striking without being desperate and look like you're pathetically chasing your youth. You don't even have to be as slim as you once were to pull this off. Good fabric, cut well, in classic styles, with accent pieces or statement pieces to cap it off, can look well at any age - and in most sizes.

Alice has zero sense of fashion, and no clue what suits her age and body type - and she's so far from being a trendsetter it isn't funny.

At times I wish we had a "kiwis of a certain age" style trend thread. My pandemic chic outfit and mask combos are fuckin' lit, children. A huge range of eccentric fashion trends open to you with age and your body isn't the focus of your outfit - your style is.

multiverse

Not actually Merissa OR Heather
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So you're saying you wouldn't put your Instagram handle on a pair of Crocs?

Someone has collapsed arches from being a fatty.

Also? Girl, at 40-something, sandals aren't your friend. Flats with arch inserts and peds are; chunky heels are; and ankle boots are (with or without platforms). A woman her age should only have clogs for gardening, and sandals for beach vacations only - and that's AFTER a pedicure. No one has pretty feet without help after the first half of your life, and salons have been closed for months.

Maybe Alice is doing public service for actual UES doyens by aiding their strict diets after seeing her revolting unkempt fatty feet.

Fliddaroonie

kiwifarms.net
Someone has collapsed arches from being a fatty.

Also? Girl, at 40-something, sandals aren't your friend. Flats with arch inserts and peds are; chunky heels are; and ankle boots are (with or without platforms). A woman her age should only have clogs for gardening, and sandals for beach vacations only - and that's AFTER a pedicure. No one has pretty feet without help after the first half of your life, and salons have been closed for months.

Maybe Alice is doing public service for actual UES doyens by aiding their strict diets after seeing her revolting unkempt fatty feet.
Oooh, can I sperg about feet and the effect of obesity on them? Plleeeaaassse??

Right, so, in really fat people, yup, the weight causes structural warping and deformity of the the ligaments that give the foot it's shape, and compression of the bones and stuff

But then in people who've got the beetus, you get something called a Charcot foot, whuch is where elevated levels of blood glucose that haven't been corrected lead to damage of basically all the soft tissue holding the foot into its shape and a characteristic flattening of the foot that's super recognisable, called, funnily, a Charcot foot. It's where the whole plantar aspect of the foot has contact with the surface you're walking on cos basically everything has collapsed and given up

I would love to cop a swatch of her trotters to see if Lord Beetus os sharpening his scythe for her

Dog Prom 3D

I made it rain shrimp! What'd *you* ever do?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So you're saying you wouldn't put your Instagram handle on a pair of Crocs?

Hoo boy, how the mighty have fallen. Where are those expensive, SATC shoes she used to wear so she could prove she was totally a stylish New Yorker? Though, to be frank, it's good that she's wearing less expensive shoes like Salt Waters. She didn't break $50 for those so at least she's not overpaying to look so awful. And those white Birks at least look comfortable.

Also lol at everyone with their advice for footwear over 40. You can pry my flat-sole, boho, toe-ring sandals off my cold and old dead feet. Though I will say that flat sandals and sandals in general probably work best for women who didn't spend their youths wearing spike heels. It's hard to look good in Jack Rogers Navajos at 45 when you wore four-inch heels daily in your 30s. Alice's feet have looked bad in every photo she posts and she doesn't mind rubbing our faces in her ugly feet but I will remain haunted by the photo of her in some brown, chunky Jimmy Choo sandals that looked like orthopedic shoes handmade for Phyllis Diller. Alice took that photo down fast - I can't find an archive of it anywhere - because even her asslickers couldn't help but make fun of her chunky, misshapen, unpedicured toes in such ugly shoes. But they were expensive and she really expected people would be impressed. It would have been sad had it not been Alice.

But at least she's not paying $350 a pop to wear ugly shoes on unmaintained feet. That means she has more money for cheap wine that leads to hilarious photo shoots on the roof, which we can all agree is a good thing.

Fliddaroonie

kiwifarms.net
Blogsnark is in turmoil (archive), the founding mods have walked away after being dragged as racist fascists, and Alice is probably loving it. (Blogsnark deserves its own thread, if anyone with a strong tolerance for performative wokeness and stupidity would be generous enough to make one.)
God almighty what a fucking shitshow

Is BS what Alice is making her money from these days? Or does she still have a job?

Motherfuckin' Cooze

kiwifarms.net
God almighty what a fucking shitshow

Is BS what Alice is making her money from these days? Or does she still have a job?
Alice doesn't have anything to do with Blogsnark. You're thinking of GOMI. Blogsnark was started as a revolt against GOMI. Then Alice started a subscription forum called snark.blog (which disappeared almost immediately because no one cared) as a middle finger to the h8rz. The whole thing was middle school af.

Fliddaroonie

kiwifarms.net
Alice doesn't have anything to do with Blogsnark. You're thinking of GOMI. Blogsnark was started as a revolt against GOMI. Then Alice started a subscription forum called snark.blog (which disappeared almost immediately because no one cared) as a middle finger to the h8rz. The whole thing was middle school af.
Aahhh, my mistake, thanks for correcting me. I though BS was a pay-per thingy Alice set up.

Burn Book

Bye Dush Bags
kiwifarms.net
Blogsnark is in turmoil (archive), the founding mods have walked away after being dragged as racist fascists, and Alice is probably loving it. (Blogsnark deserves its own thread, if anyone with a strong tolerance for performative wokeness and stupidity would be generous enough to make one.)
A lot of Blogsnark posters are Alices lite, really, with very middle class white straight lady approach to equality - they want to be seen as progressive, but let some really vicious shit slide, as long as the language is coded (or as long as the subject was Caroline Calloway, before they banned her thread, because it got so pathetic it was impossible to ignore anymore). Fatphobia (meaning noting that Glitterandlazers put on a lot of weight in recent months, or even just that she looks unhealthy) is a no-no, but saying "she shouldn't try to dress prep, she's not from the right social group" (meaning she's too poor, so she shouldn't wear the clothes she likes) is a perfectly normal thing to say there.

Also, a lot of them still post on GOMI, despite being absolutely outraged about how much of a cesspool it is, and they just admit it. Every time they're bored, or they don't have enough content about their one preferred mormon housewife, they run back to GOMI, and then they shit-talk it on Blogsnark, as if they're not part of it.

That being said - no way Alice cares. She's too drunk, too bitter and too concerned about GOMI falling into irrelevance.

trekkor

never talk to me or the pinkskin's dog ever again
kiwifarms.net
A lot of Blogsnark posters are Alices lite, really, with very middle class white straight lady approach to equality - they want to be seen as progressive, but let some really vicious shit slide, as long as the language is coded (or as long as the subject was Caroline Calloway, before they banned her thread, because it got so pathetic it was impossible to ignore anymore). Fatphobia (meaning noting that Glitterandlazers put on a lot of weight in recent months, or even just that she looks unhealthy) is a no-no, but saying "she shouldn't try to dress prep, she's not from the right social group" (meaning she's too poor, so she shouldn't wear the clothes she likes) is a perfectly normal thing to say there.

Also, a lot of them still post on GOMI, despite being absolutely outraged about how much of a cesspool it is, and they just admit it. Every time they're bored, or they don't have enough content about their one preferred mormon housewife, they run back to GOMI, and then they shit-talk it on Blogsnark, as if they're not part of it.
Adding to this, when the whole George Floyd drama started, Blogsnark started going on and on about how they needed to follow and support more black "influencers" and how SHOOK they were that the usual white bloggers they follow weren't kissing ass hard enough or at all.

And then you go and look at the people they follow and suggest (and bitch about) on the subreddit and it is, to the shock of no one, still overwhelmingly white. It's hilarious, Blogsnark is so in denial about themselves.

John Andrews Stan

Superior futurist
kiwifarms.net
Adding to this, when the whole George Floyd drama started, Blogsnark started going on and on about how they needed to follow and support more black "influencers" and how SHOOK they were that the usual white bloggers they follow weren't kissing ass hard enough or at all.

And then you go and look at the people they follow and suggest (and bitch about) on the subreddit and it is, to the shock of no one, still overwhelmingly white. It's hilarious, Blogsnark is so in denial about themselves.
Blogsnark would take down any posts snarking on black/BIPOC/trans bloggers. They’re all fucking insufferable cult members who only seem not so bad when compared to Alice.