Aliens - The Space Kind

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
Personally, I would love it if a real alien civilization was discovered. I'd even be happy if non-sapient alien creatures were discovered. I really wish technology was more advanced and adapted to space exploration.

Who knows what's out there?
My gut is telling me, and I hope this will happen, scientists will discover microscopic life forms that originated from outer space. The only problem is that skeptics will question if these aliens will meet the definition for life because they could be like viruses. Well, I guess it would count for me.

Who knows, maybe we'll discover a microscopic advanced civilization that will come to see humanity as deities because humans would be giant.

kuniqsX

Fuckyour/Fuckyours/Fuckyourself
kiwifarms.net
I've seen some weird things in the sky, night & day. Aliens or not, I have no idea how current science could explain them.

Charles Hall and his tall white aliens story has an interesting tidbit: tall whites considered human race an oddity, because humans still use animals. According to these tall whites every race out there killed off animals after reaching a certain level of development, because they considered animals unpredictable vectors of violence and disease, and feared them. Allegedly tall whites considered humans animal-like too and feared them like a plague despite interacting with heads of state and generals in maximum-security bases in the middle of nowhere. Pointing your gun in the wrong direction could get you killed in a split-second 'cause those aliens didn't took any chances.

If aliens exist and are advanced enough for space travel, I think they're smart enough to not show themselves to the public. I think they consider us an interesting experiment to learn how pre-spacefaring civilizations develop and there has to be a Zeta Reticuli autistic nerd writing a master thesis on Trump Wars at this very moment.

I also think aliens consider us savage, unpredictable, self-destructive and an existential danger to themselves, so they do everything to observe our technology development, keep away from us as much as they can and plan contingencies in case we discover FTL travel too fast. Like, humans find a dangerous technology but don't evolve as a species out of their primitive urges.

IMO we don't see aliens anywhere because they live under surfaces of planets or in space ships somewhere where no telescope can spot 'em.

Pitere pit

Has man gone insane?
kiwifarms.net
I have a theory that some aliens might not be visible to us. We have a limited capacity of recognizing colours, I think we have 3 cones in our eyes that only allow us to see normal colours ( correct me if I'm wrong ) If we landed on a alien planet, maybe they weren't be visible to our eyes, we would see dust, deserts and rocks, nothing else.
Also, I think that we are in the space's ghetto. We are interesting to look at, like, how someone drives through Detroit but never leaving their car and meeting hood-rats.
However, I would like that in my lifetime to know that alien life exist, I don't care if they are some bacteria, or a small smelly fungus-like species. It would be our man-in the moon moment for my generation.

Dr W

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done.
kiwifarms.net
There are two choices for dealing with the Aliens.

Either we fuck them and make them our space waifus, or we go full Imperium of Man tens of thousands of years early.

Reactions: Horus

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Their's a possibility that an Alien race might be so well, alien that we have nothing to say to each other even if we can communicate.
1588288333805.png

"WE HAVE MUCH THOUGHT OF SOL VOID BUT DEMAND A MINUS 4 ALTERNATIVELY.... [untranslatable, something to do with the equivelant to an emotion that humans don't have] IN THE ROCK BETWEEN THE AEON"

Oglooger

God isn't dead!BUT I'LL GET THAT BASTARD SOME DAY!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like to imgine that should we be visited by extraterrestrial beings, not only would alot of materialist and anthropocentric religions would have melt downs, but we'd see alot of SJW types try hard to censor any games that involve extraterristial life due to them being insensitive; Hell why aren't they trying that now?

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like to imgine that should we be visited by extraterrestrial beings, not only would alot of materialist and anthropocentric religions would have melt downs, but we'd see alot of SJW types try hard to censor any games that involve extraterristial life due to them being insensitive; Hell why aren't they trying that now?
IIRC the Catholic church is open to the existence of extraterrestrial life, and the possibility that hypothetical aliens might live in a state of grace, without original sin.

Oglooger

God isn't dead!BUT I'LL GET THAT BASTARD SOME DAY!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
IIRC the Catholic church is open to the existence of extraterrestrial life, and the possibility that hypothetical aliens might live in a state of grace, without original sin.
I think some sects of Islam is ok with extraterristial life, since it's in our world, they are still all creations of Allah. now if they reject Islam that might be another issue.

SuudsuAddict

kiwifarms.net
I can only begin to fathom how the world would react to a genuine first contact event. The thought of it overwhelms me. If that were to happen in our lifetime, imagine how potentially disruptive it would be to current events. I also think I wouldn't be able to decide if I'm relieved or horrified. Something like that would be far beyond the scope of our normal human experiences. Even with all our fiction about first contact, I don't think humanity is as mentally prepared for this as we'd like to think.

Get_your_kicks_with_30-06

I have become Based, the destroyer of Libs
kiwifarms.net
I have a theory that some aliens might not be visible to us. We have a limited capacity of recognizing colours, I think we have 3 cones in our eyes that only allow us to see normal colours ( correct me if I'm wrong ) If we landed on a alien planet, maybe they weren't be visible to our eyes, we would see dust, deserts and rocks, nothing else.
Also, I think that we are in the space's ghetto. We are interesting to look at, like, how someone drives through Detroit but never leaving their car and meeting hood-rats.
However, I would like that in my lifetime to know that alien life exist, I don't care if they are some bacteria, or a small smelly fungus-like species. It would be our man-in the moon moment for my generation.
Funny enough I had a math professor that was talking about a theory sort of like this but instead of aliens it was supernatural beings (like religious figures) and instead of the color thing it was about higher dimensions.

The theory went like this, considering that if you only could perceive in 2 dimensions, if a 3 dimensional object/being crossed through you plane of perception you would see a 2 dimensional sliver of it for a little bit until it passes through your plane and then it just disappears. So with that rationale in mind, since we perceive in 3 dimensions, if a 4 dimensional being passed through our cube of reference we would see a 3-D sliver of that being for a little bit until it passes though into the 4th dimension and then it disappears. So this kind of theory could explain religious encounters people have had where they see an angel or something and then it disappears in an impossible fashion.

So something like that could also explain aliens where they either live in the fourth dimension or use some kind of machine that can transport them between spacial dimensions. A very interesting little thought experience even if it is pretty far fetched.

Bum Driller

Cultural Appropriator & Cowboy Chemist
kiwifarms.net
I think that it is most likely that if they would come from a planet similar to earth, they would be somewhat similar to us physically, and most likely socially too. My reasoning for this is as follows:

First, humans have evolved from monkeys because monkeys need to use their hands. While they are strong and agile, they don't have huge talons or long fangs, and thus to get advantage over larger predators, they have to at some point start to use tools. That's why the dominant species of this planet has not evolved from cats or canines or ursines or sharks. Because evolution happens only when it's needed, as a reaction to real need to adapt or go extinct. Other predators don't have this need, as they are endowed with natural weaponry.

Second, humans are partially this evolved because we are pack animals. Many other predatorial species aren't as strongly pack animals, as they don't need the pack to survive. Humans are the apex predators of this world because we truly need other people to help us out since individually we aren't that big or fast or agile. But also because we are pack animals it has driven our need to develop ever more complex societies that has ultimately lead to present day.

I strongly believe that without either of these imperatives to develop we wouldn't be the dominant species of this planet or this evolved at all, considering the conditions on our planet.

So, in essence I believe that once we meet aliens, they are most likely quite much like us in that respect that they are social pack predators that have evolved from some other primate species. It would be extremely weird for them to be giant insects or upright felines or sharkmen or hyper-intelligent blobs of goo, as none of these forms of life have the same need to develop technology or society as the pack-dwelling, individually weak primates do.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mariposa Electrique

ulsterscotsman

᚛ᚂᚐᚋᚆ ᚇᚆᚓᚐᚏᚌ ᚐᚁᚒ᚜
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We're so obsessed with Greys. Is the existence of the greys even possible?

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Shit will hit the fan 4 Chris
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What do you think of RL aliens? Would they be that different from us and how so? I know they are all space-elfs who never had a history of war or slavery, and are vegan. We can start from there.
I have a feeling they'll be dramatically different, like worse than cosmic horror.

We're so obsessed with Greys. Is the existence of the greys even possible?
I've always had this weird feeling that they're Japanese time travelers from 50,000 years into the future.

An Account

kiwifarms.net
If I had my guess about it, most inhabited worlds would be mostly barren ocean worlds that host simple, microscopic life in their waters, a lot like the Earth in it's early history. I'd also guess that a significant portion of these worlds don't see their life evolve too much past that, with the planet's oceans eventually drying up or freezing before something analogous to eukaryotes manages to evolve. Just evolving membrane-bound organelles seems like something that would be at least a bit uncommon, and prokayote-style organisms evolving into anything more interesting than a blob of dividing goop seems far-fetched.

Fuck. I made myself kinda sad. Maybe kooky greys anally violating the countryside and livestock do exist, what the fuck do I know?

Austrian Conscript 1915

133 days in Przemysl
kiwifarms.net
I think it's pretty evident that aliens have already visited earth, and are still visiting. There are too many unexplained phenomena like the lights above Washington, the lights above Arizona, the time when a police officer found a UFO take off in a desert, and the multiple times balloonists found UFOs when flying their balloons. Every case I mentioned the case goes into a lot of detail all covered by the CIA, especially the cop incident which has actual physical evidence.

The timeline of alien visitation makes a lot of sense when you think about. There were basically no UFO sightings before 1945, but after nuclear testing the aliens start appearing. Why do aliens start appearing? this is more speculation on my part, but I believe it's because they want to see if we destroyed our planet yet, it only makes sense. Nuclear bombs ONLY have the capability to destroy our world, the only thing they're good for is destruction, so that must be why they were visiting. After a while they started to get bored and leave because we didn't fuck ourselves up yet, especially with the collapse of the Soviet union. This explains why there's a lack of modern UFO sightings

• Dumb
Reactions: WonderWino

AnimeGirlConnoisseur

kiwifarms.net
I think the answer to the Fermi Paradox is that there were Alien races out there, but they all either got into nuclear wars or destroyed their planets' environments before mastering space travel.

Edit: If there is something we should be afraid of, it's not an extra-terrestrial civilization, but an extra-dimensional one.
1594595434125.png

abacussedout

kiwifarms.net
I think Liu Cixin was right and if they exist it's a dark forest situation. And we'll probably get exposed to aliens by some Elon Musk style shenanigan and won't be sufficiently developed to deal with anything that's capable of reaching us once we have their attention. But I also doubt they exist.

It is interesting that catholics are open to it though. C.S. Lewis (protestant?) dealt with the philosophical implications of meeting sinless aliens in his space trilogy. I don't remember much of it, except that it was simultaneously over the top and nuanced and afterward I never really viewed aliens' existence as being in conflict with God and they became a lot less interesting.

Tags
None