All Female Lord of the Flies Salt

• Ongoing DDoS attack.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dysnomia

Sometimes I think the pain blows my mind
kiwifarms.net
If the first physical confrontation doesn't start with scratching and hair pulling I'm calling bullshit. Girls fight dirty. There also needs to be a ton of passive aggressive behavior, nasty rumors, and backstabbing. This is why it's a shame the movie is being written by a man. Even if he understands the way women fight he'll be crucified for portraying it.

Girls are really horrifying. It's going to be like women in prison. Except there are no guards to break things up when they get bad.

I think that a problem is going to arise when the SJW man hating types who have it set in stone that an all female society would be a utopia see the carnage that arises. Because when you put all these ladies together they are going to start to compete for bitch points. I wonder if they will age them up a bit or make them middle school age. Middle school girls are horrible to each other. They criticize every little detail of every other girl and form mean cliques that bash all the other cliques and loner girls. The constant gossiping and backstabbing.

Plus these girls are all going to have to deal with their periods. On a desert island. Nothing's worse than having it in the blazing heat when you don't have any feminine hygiene products. Although I doubt they'll dip into that. If they do it will be in passing.

I hope they don't add a tranny.

Piga Dgrifm

Assigned Hitler At Birth
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Girls are really horrifying. It's going to be like women in prison. Except there are no guards to break things up when they get bad.

I think that a problem is going to arise when the SJW man hating types who have it set in stone that an all female society would be a utopia see the carnage that arises. Because when you put all these ladies together they are going to start to compete for bitch points. I wonder if they will age them up a bit or make them middle school age. Middle school girls are horrible to each other. They criticize every little detail of every other girl and form mean cliques that bash all the other cliques and loner girls. The constant gossiping and backstabbing.

Plus these girls are all going to have to deal with their periods. On a desert island. Nothing's worse than having it in the blazing heat when you don't have any feminine hygiene products. Although I doubt they'll dip into that. If they do it will be in passing.

I hope they don't add a tranny.
Piggy will be the trans HAES advocate one.

Sable

DANGEROUSLY WAITING FOR MORE 2HUS
kiwifarms.net
I'm not optimistic that it'll be done well, but that's not necessarily because it'll be an all-girl cast, but because of the chances it'll be an all-girl cast and the people involved will think 'yeah, that's enough to be a film'.

Unless the cast are aged up at all the actresses involved will be fairly young which might limit how good things could be- but as things like the Star Wars prequels show, even with good actors it's not gonna help if things are written terribly.

reptile0009

kiwifarms.net
Personally, I'm gonna maintain an open mind about this film. Could be good, could be bad, it's definitely too early to judge. Either way, I think we may need a second thread for this a year or two down the line when we actually get a trailer for this thing. If the writers actually go through with keeping it close to the book and portray the girl's as violent, degenerative savages, I imagine the SJW's are gonna be pissed as hell.

Otoya Yamacoochie

Otoya's October Surprise
kiwifarms.net
Its still stupid, because, as that tumblrthing pointed out, this was among the earliest criticisms of white superiority and masculinity. Removing that fucks up the whole thing to an ordinary survival arc.
It's literally just about how people devolve can into animals when cut off from society. The characters were white, upper class British schoolboys because presumably most of the readership for the book were white upper class British men who used to be schoolboys, like Golding himself. That kind of person is more immediately relateable to them, and carries the message better.

Tookie

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The backdrop for the original was a nuclear war stranded the boys on the island while they were being evacuated. For maximum salt, this concept should be taken to its logical conclusion and the remake should be set in an alternate 2017 where Hillary won the election and started a war with Russia.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why not just call it something else? Pretty sure the idea of a bunch of kids stuck on an island and turning on each other isn't copyrighted.

No, instead you're just perpetuating the idea that you can't have a movie with an all female cast without it being a remake of an older piece of work.

Last edited:

Vorhtbame

The prettiest zombie-slayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why not just call it something else? Pretty sure the idea of a bunch of kids stuck on an island and turning on each other isn't copyrighted.

No, instead you're just perpetuating it the idea that you can't have a movie with an all female cast without it being a remake of an older piece of work.

Then again, it could turn out like The Horrors of Spider Island.

reptile0009

kiwifarms.net
BTW aren't these the same feminists and SJW's who were throwing a literal shit fit over the Google memo that implied that there were biological differences between men and women? Just a few weeks ago they were saying that there are no differences between the genders. But now all of the sudden, they're saying that women would act in a completely different way than men would. It's like make up your mind, are men and women different or are they not?

Burning Bridge

is falling down
kiwifarms.net
BTW aren't these the same feminists and SJW's who were throwing a literal shit fit over the Google memo that implied that there were biological differences between men and women? Just a few weeks ago they were saying that there are no differences between the genders. But now all of the sudden, they're saying that women would act in a completely different way than men would. It's like make up your mind, are men and women different or are they not?
Men and women are only the same when it's convenient for the narrative.

Absolutego

Making dough but not enough to blow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

No, instead you're just perpetuating the idea that you can't have a movie with an all female cast without it being a remake of an older piece of work.

Hollywood only knows how to churn out "MEMBER THAT" movies these days, because they still think brand recognition = guaranteed success.

Then when box office revenue slumps year after year they'll blame Rotten Tomatoes and staff leaking behind-the-scenes drama for their capeshit movies instead of looking inward.

Sweet and Savoury

Null-like homunculus
kiwifarms.net
I'm lucky to work in a 95% male environment but in the past I have had the misfortune to work in a female dominate industry and boy howdy I would not go back for a million dollars.

Female dominated environments are far more unpleasant to be a part of, the nice to your face but back-biting, snarky comments and general backstabbing is pretty much par for the course.

Give me the old fashioned in your face hostility, I hate you and will hurt you if I get the chance, of a male environment to all the fake nicety-nicey backstabbing of a female office environment an day.

I can only recoil in horror at the thought of an all female society composed of teenage girls.

My hope would be die in the crash to spare me the agony of life like that.

ChurchOfGodBear

He's just this guy, you know?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm lucky to work in a 95% male environment but in the past I have had the misfortune to work in a female dominate industry and boy howdy I would not go back for a million dollars.

Female dominated environments are far more unpleasant to be a part of, the nice to your face but back-biting, snarky comments and general backstabbing is pretty much par for the course.

Give me the old fashioned in your face hostility, I hate you and will hurt you if I get the chance, of a male environment to all the fake nicety-nicey backstabbing of a female office environment an day.

I can only recoil in horror at the thought of an all female society composed of teenage girls.

Agreed and been there:powerlevel:. Even in areas where such things shouldn't matter (accounting, legal, IT, etc.) companies with an overwhelmingly female staff get WAY too bogged down into how decisions "look" and "feel" as opposed to the more basic "will this fucking work and can we afford it?" method of decision-making.

Piga Dgrifm

Assigned Hitler At Birth
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's the differences, of which there are none, that makes the sameness exceptional.

Action Man

kiwifarms.net
Agreed and been there:powerlevel:. Even in areas where such things shouldn't matter (accounting, legal, IT, etc.) companies with an overwhelmingly female staff get WAY too bogged down into how decisions "look" and "feel" as opposed to the more basic "will this fucking work and can we afford it?" method of decision-making.

When it comes from women this shouldn't be very surprising at all. They don't think.

Fareal

will definitely consider what you have said
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I went to convent school.

You think about that for a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.