ALL THE BOOKS I READ IN JANUARY 2021 | 24 BOOKS!!!!!! (02-07-21) - Readeenlynn's first book review(s) of 2021

Captain Ahab

kiwifarms.net
The real sad story is that trees had to die for that garbage. None of these are worth the paper they were printed on. As with everything else in life, Amber consumes a vast amount of junk.

There’s nothing to gain from wasting a month reading twenty four shitty books when you could’ve used that time on a couple of good ones. Hell, read ONE amazing book per month.

Can she be more of a stereotype of the dumb fat broad?

Final Gorl

kiwifarms.net
Do you think AL would be as motivated to read for free food, as some of us were in our youth?

I won't lie: I cheated the Book-It system. These synopses sound a lot like the reports I filed for a personal pan pizza...

unnamed.jpg

ADHD

セックスキッテン
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There’s nothing to gain from wasting a month reading twenty four shitty books when you could’ve used that time on a couple of good ones. Hell, read ONE amazing book per month.
I have to disagree with this. How would you expect her to pick out one amazing book? Is she supposed to base this selection on what other people write in reviews? Personally, I find most reviews on Amazon and such to be shit and if I paid attention to them I would have missed out on books I ended up enjoying. As long as she's not claiming to be well read, who cares if she's reading YA junk? That's probably as high of a level as she can actually comprehend, and even that is doubtful considering that she can never give a review of a book that covers anything of substance.

krazy orange cat

Fluffy ball of evil
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would love for her to read Norman Boutin's Empress Theresa.

As for her reading choices, reading YA trash is better than not reading at all. If I want an easy read to occupy an afternoon, I'm not going to reach for War and Peace. I also agree with @ADHD that YA is probably the highest level that she can comprehend (and I have doubts that she has the reading comprehension skills even for that).

mekalekahi

Dont you guys think I should choose my own foods?
kiwifarms.net
I cannot fucking comprehend wanting to read or having the time to read all those books in a month, even if I was in lockdown. I think her and Becky spend very little time together in the apartment.

I remember reading that away laughing on a camel book when I was just out of middle school...

CheeseStandsAbalone

kiwifarms.net
I am not going to criticize what she 'read'. Most of them weren't my cup of tea but people can enjoy what they want. I am going to criticize the video for being absolutely pointless. Amber 'read' 24 books in a month? Not hard to do when you don't have any responsibilities or have to worry about money. The reviews were inept and bottom of the barrel like all of her content so I think most of BookTube is safe from Booklynn stealing viewers.

Situation Type Deal Gorl

Fuck your feelings, nancypants
kiwifarms.net
I have to disagree with this. How would you expect her to pick out one amazing book? Is she supposed to base this selection on what other people write in reviews? Personally, I find most reviews on Amazon and such to be shit and if I paid attention to them I would have missed out on books I ended up enjoying. As long as she's not claiming to be well read, who cares if she's reading YA junk? That's probably as high of a level as she can actually comprehend, and even that is doubtful considering that she can never give a review of a book that covers anything of substance.

While I agree that reading something is better than nothing at all, I'd expect someone to level up a couple of times as they get older and get into something a little meatier, at least occasionally. The problem with Big Al's reading is the same as her problem with eating: low effort, insubstantial, and consumed in great quantity without regard for quality.

Turd Fergusson

kiwifarms.net
While I agree that reading something is better than nothing at all, I'd expect someone to level up a couple of times as they get older and get into something a little meatier, at least occasionally. The problem with Big Al's reading is the same as her problem with eating: low effort, insubstantial, and consumed in great quantity without regard for quality.
While we can quibble on what she reads, does it have to be a race? Most readers like to read a good book and enjoy the story arc, the characters development. Even classics such as Agatha Christie’s The Mysterious Affair at Styles, which was 100 years old last year, is still a delight to read. However, I would not want to read it a fast as possible, as I like to savour the writing.

I agree with you that Amber has no taste in anything she consumes. Everything has to be easy, simple, superficial and in great quantity.

Last edited:

Let's Find Out!

Get your boots off my bed and GO TO YOUR ROOM!!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bitch loves her some Danielle Steele...

TitleAuthorRatingMy RatingRead
The KissSteel, Danielle3.81really liked it
01/30/21​
Something in the Wine (The Moonstone Series, #1-2)Jae4.22it was amazing
01/27/21​
DandelionHanna, Gabbie3.72really liked it
01/24/21​
When the World Didn't EndKaufman, Caroline4.01really liked it
01/24/21​
a fire like youChisala, Upile3.86it was ok
01/24/21​
Lies My Girlfriend Told MePeters, Julie Anne3.72liked it
01/24/21​
You Must Not MissLeno, Katrina3.41liked it
01/23/21​
Stolen: A Letter to My CaptorChristopher, Lucy3.91it was amazing
01/23/21​
The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)Hodkin, Michelle4.26it was amazing
01/21/21​
The Loneliest Girl in the UniverseJames, Lauren3.79really liked it
01/20/21​
Triple Shot Bettys in Love (Triple Shot Bettys, #2)Gehrman, Jody3.87liked it
01/19/21​
The Female of the SpeciesMcGinnis, Mindy4.17really liked it
01/17/21​
Far from the TreeBenway, Robin4.28it was amazing
01/17/21​
LucidStoltz, Adrienne3.69liked it
01/15/21​
Mother, MotherZailckas, Koren3.68really liked it
01/13/21​
On the Island (On the Island, #1)Garvis-Graves, Tracey4.12it was amazing
01/12/21​
I Hope You StayPeppernell, Courtney3.91liked it
01/11/21​
Crying for Help: The Shocking True Story of a Damaged Girl with a Dark PastWatson, Casey4.16it was amazing
01/11/21​
Sometimes I LieFeeney, Alice3.82really liked it
01/08/21​
Away Laughing on a Fast Camel (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #5)Rennison, Louise4.06did not like it
01/08/21​
Stitching the SoulPeppernell, Courtney4.07it was ok
01/07/21​
Want to Go Private?Littman, Sarah Darer3.75it was amazing
01/07/21​
Dating GameSteel, Danielle3.81really liked it
01/05/21​
Be Not Far from MeMcGinnis, Mindy3.86really liked it
01/03/21​