ALL THE BOOKS I READ IN JANUARY 2021 | 24 BOOKS!!!!!! (02-07-21) - Readeenlynn's first book review(s) of 2021

Situation Type Deal Gorl

Fuck your feelings, nancypants
kiwifarms.net
While we can quibble on what she reads, does it have to be a race?
It isn't a race. It's just a gradual increase in reading skills paired with a curious mind, something that occurs organically in most cases.

Most readers like to read a good book and enjoy the story arc, the characters development. Even classics such as Agatha Christie’s The Mysterious Affair at Styles, which was 100 years old last year, is still a delight to read. However, I would not want to read it a fast as possible, as I like to savour the writing.

There's a reason classics are called classics. But I'd bet every cent I have that Big Al hasn't read many. Imagine her trying to read Jane Eyre, for instance. I'm not suggesting she jump immediately from YA to Wuthering Heights, just that her ratio of YA to adult skew a little more on the adult side. There's a lot more out there in the world than The Fault in Our Stars. Alas, my wish (as a bookworm) that she do this is one even the genie from Aladdin's lamp could not grant, because:

I agree with you that Amber has no taste in anything she consumes. Everything has to be easy, simple, superficial and in great quantity.

This.

McBoogerBall

kiwifarms.net
How about we get some weight loss or money management books in there, ay Hamber? There’s plenty of adults that read YA trash because it’s easy to absorb, so I'm not going to clown her for it, but I am going to clown her for that being her ONLY genre. She’s 30, no reason to not dabble in older demographic books, maybe even something that didn’t come out in the 2010s?
Imagine her trying to read Jane Eyre
This, but I imagined her reading something along the lines of James Joyce. Looks like she reads mainly female authors though.

Situation Type Deal Gorl

Fuck your feelings, nancypants
kiwifarms.net
This, but I imagined her reading something along the lines of James Joyce. Looks like she reads mainly female authors though.
"I tried to read Ulysses, you guize! Wasn't he, like, an important guy in the Civil War? I didn't know somebody wrote a book just about him! I was looking over the index, and I was like, whuuut? What is telly-ma-chia? Is that, like, a chia pet? Is it even American? Anyhoozle, I did not finish it. But I *did* finish (insert braincandy book) and it was shtoooo shtuuuper good!"

reinhold

kiwifarms.net
"I tried to read Ulysses, you guize! Wasn't he, like, an important guy in the Civil War? I didn't know somebody wrote a book just about him! I was looking over the index, and I was like, whuuut? What is telly-ma-chia? Is that, like, a chia pet? Is it even American? Anyhoozle, I did not finish it. But I *did* finish (insert braincandy book) and it was shtoooo shtuuuper good!"
I just want her to read one page -- any page -- of Finnegans Wake out loud in a video. In a bad fake Oirish accent.

Surprised Pikachu

The face of 2021
kiwifarms.net
Nah, I don’t believe it.. UNLESS consumerlynn maybe listened to them / watched reviews of them and HAD to buy hard copies, because of course she did. (And that’s how she has a rough idea of what they are about). I just can’t see her putting her phone down long enough to read anything. There’s just no way, gorl is online 24/7. Name me a teenager that can read ONE book a month. And you think Amber could read 24?!?! I’d be shocked if she could read for 24 mins before Destiny uploads a link and everything gets dropped for the latest draaaaammmmma..

D_Tractor

I'm like the queen of veggies and amazingness.
kiwifarms.net

Once upon a time and a very good time it was there was a moocow...​

GunnlaugurSassoon

kiwifarms.net
I have to disagree with this. How would you expect her to pick out one amazing book? Is she supposed to base this selection on what other people write in reviews? Personally, I find most reviews on Amazon and such to be shit and if I paid attention to them I would have missed out on books I ended up enjoying. As long as she's not claiming to be well read, who cares if she's reading YA junk? That's probably as high of a level as she can actually comprehend, and even that is doubtful considering that she can never give a review of a book that covers anything of substance.

She has a Goodreads account, and Goodreads can actually be a pretty good place to find books you're more likely to enjoy. When I first signed up I went around to books I liked, found people who liked it (bonus points if their reviews were well written and explained what and why they liked it) and looked at their favourites/highly rated books. I even will still message a few of them back and forth about books, especially if we're reading something the other may enjoy.

That said I have fairly niche weird assed taste because I secretly wish I could have been a critical theory/philosophy loser so I have no idea how easy that would be if 99% of the books you read are the shortest books you can find while waiting for your plane at the terminal.

Let's Find Out!

Get your boots off my bed and GO TO YOUR ROOM!!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nah, I don’t believe it.. UNLESS consumerlynn maybe listened to them / watched reviews of them and HAD to buy hard copies, because of course she did. (And that’s how she has a rough idea of what they are about). I just can’t see her putting her phone down long enough to read anything. There’s just no way, gorl is online 24/7. Name me a teenager that can read ONE book a month. And you think Amber could read 24?!?! I’d be shocked if she could read for 24 mins before Destiny uploads a link and everything gets dropped for the latest draaaaammmmma..
I mean, I did... but that was also before the internet (to say nothing of smart phones) and we didn't have cable TV and I didn't have a driver's license nor did my friends...

Even the most literate and book-loving people barely read actual books these days. I've read maybe 5 in the past year. But I've read countless Wikipedia articles and news articles (and KF threads). So the idea that Hamber is walking away from her beloved internet to read a book - even a shitty YA book? Fuck no.

Spicy Noodles

kiwifarms.net
There are *some* YA books that I think can be very enjoyable and even intellectually stimulating (relatively speaking). The His Dark Materials series holds up very well. I would even hesitate to label them as YA even though they typically get marketed that way.

However, a lot of the more recent YA stuff is just garbage. And the Walmart paperback selection crap is even worse. Danielle Steel is among the worst of the "dumb 'adult' authors." Even VC Andrews' ghostwritten crap is better.

Anyway, ALR sure looks smug. Her 'reviews' sound like a slow middle schooler trying to explain why they picked a book for their report. Ummm, it's like, umm, sooo good u guise? I don't want to give too much away, but um, there's like, romance? Woww it's sooo good, I love reading.