All Time Favorite Movies - or your favorite 'kino'

gachacunt

ayiyiyi, i'm a little butterfly.
kiwifarms.net
Obvious with my avvie, but Tokyo Godfathers is ranked super high on my kino list. All of Satoshi Kon's work, in my opinion, are up there, but something about Tokyo Godfathers really resonates with me.

If I have to include other movies ... My Interview With A Vampire, Spirited Away, and Fight Club are some of my favorites as well.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
If we're talking anime films, it's a toss-up between Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer, my "classic" favourite, and The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, the only movie I've ever double-dipped on on Blu-Ray because I stupidly imported the Japanese version when I was convinced it would take Bandai Entertainment a lot longer to release in the west than it actually did.

I was, of course, fortunate enough to get a copy of the English version of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya just before Bandai Entertainment ceased operations in North America, making the only English release of Disappearance movie (as a Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack) highly rare and sought after until Funimation finally put out a new version half a decade later, not that I was ever all that tempted to sell my copy (because the Japanese release I also have doesn't have subs).

I've owned Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer on Laserdisc and double-dipped on DVD but still haven't got the Discotek Blu-Ray.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kung Pow.

I never grow tired of the Back to the Future movies. Even after decades, I still see some new details here and there.
Like, most recently, I realized that in the end of BTTF3, there's a sign that says the Clayton/Shonash Ravine is called Eastwood Ravine in 1985.

Court Jester - one of my first childhood favorites, hadn't watched it for 15 years and feared it might not be as good as I remembered it, but it turns out it's absolutely fantastc.

The Thing, of course. Alien, Aliens, Predator, Terminator 1 and 2.

The old Star Wars movies.

Pretty much everything Kurosawa ever made...

In terms of Anime, Ghost in the Shell 1 and 2, Jin Roh, Sky Crawlers. Anything Satoshi Kon ever made. 5cm per second.
I really love Princess Mononoke, it even surpasses Spirited Away for me. Nausica and Laputa are awesome, too.

Quite a lot, come to think about it...

Mao Hao Hao

Tis the season of spoops
kiwifarms.net
The Beatles Yellow Submarine. My dad let me watch it as a kid, so its like a feel-good childhood film despite being about a massive drug trip (also the songs are my favourite Beatles songs too).

Road to Perdition, it introduced me to the amazing genre that is gangster movies, which led me to the likes of the Godfather.

East is East. A good British drama movie. Same goes for a lot of British dramas, like Quadrophenia, This is England or Trainspotting

Senor Cardgage Mortgage

Oh... I should eat a pony.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
House (1977)
Eraserhead
Mulholland Drive
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Rushmore
House and Eraserhead are great mind fuck movies; Mulholland is fantastic; Eternal Sunshine isn't my favorite Charlie Kaufman movie, nor Michel Gondry, but it's still pretty damn good; Haven't seen Rushmore yet though I've planned to for years.

Scarface
Sword of the Stranger
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Le Petit Prince
Apocalypse Now
Hacksaw Ridge
Saving Private Ryan
Drunken Master II
Your Name
Never seen Sword; I was actually planning on seeing The Girl Who Leapt Through Time tomorrow; Hacksaw Ridge I saw in theaters and it was really good;SPR I only just recently watched but I liked it; Drunken Master 2 is a very strange choice; Your Name I also saw in theaters and I'm glad I go to.

Reactions: Teri-Teri
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino