The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
Videodrome
Yakuza's Law

And a lot more. I am obsessed.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Top Ten:

1. Rocky [1976]
  2. The Original Star Wars Trilogy [1977-1983] (*If I can only pick one, then Empire Strikes Back)
  3. Die Hard [1988]
  4. Terminator 2: Judgment Day [1991]
  5. Raiders of the Losk Ark [1981] and
  6. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [1989] (Not sure which one I like more so lets just make the two Indy films interchangeable)
  7. Back to the Future [1985]
  8. Gojira [1954]
  9. Ghostbusters [1984]
  10. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan [1982]
So I like the 80s...sue me.

BeanBidan

Welcome to Silent Hill faggots.
kiwifarms.net
Ghost in the Shell
Akira
MS Gundam Chars Counter Attack
The Iron Giant
Batman Beyond
Batman:Mask of the Phantasm (because it really showed Bats detective skills)
Four Brothers
Godzilla except the American ones.
Toy Story
Hey Arnold the movie
Lupin III movies
Gran Torino

• Winner
Reactions: Crichax

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
4) Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
I used to hem and haw over whether I liked this one more than the original, but then I realized T2 is actually the exact same movie but with a higher budget and repackaged as a family film.

I like T2 but I think that was the beginning of Cameron's descent into his current cynical cashgrubbing approach to movies.

Reactions: FatFuckFrank

Alto

Space Doggity
kiwifarms.net
Expanding my list.

Gone With the Wind
To Kill a Mockingbird
Psycho
Pan's Labyrinth
The Prince of Egypt
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Princess Mononoke
The Secret of NIMH
Carrie 1976
Schindler's List
Aliens
Jurassic Park
Ed Wood
The Dark Knight
Monster
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
Blackfish
Edward Scissorhands

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
I used to hem and haw over whether I liked this one more than the original, but then I realized T2 is actually the exact same movie but with a higher budget and repackaged as a family film.

I like T2 but I think that was the beginning of Cameron's descent into his current cynical cashgrubbing approach to movies.
I get what you're saying, but I kind of look at T2 the way I do the Rocky and Indiana Jones sequels where they pretty much all follow the formula of the original, but the content is different enough (character development, tone, etc.) to where it feels like a completely different experience.

For example, all the Rocky movies pretty much follow the same formula. Rocky is down on his luck (poor palooka working for a loan shark, 15 minutes of fame up, loses fight to Clubber, Creed dies, Adrian dies, etc.), but is given an opportunity at a large fight which could redeem him, he trains for that fight by learning some new technique (learns to fight right handed, fights like Creed, builds up "hurtin' bombs!", etc.), and then the fight happens and Rocky achieves some victory (either moral or actually winning the fight) and you get your feel good ending.

When I lay it out like that, The Rocky Movies all look the same, but like I said, the character development and tones of each film are different enough to make it feel like a different experience. I mean nobody is going to mistake Rocky I for Rocky IV and vice versa.

Terminator 1 and 2 share the same story structure: Time traveling robot comes back in time to murder the future savior, and another time traveler comes back to stop it and protect the savior. Enemy Terminator seems unkillable, leading to a series of close calls, and an ending that shows off how unstoppable the Terminator is until it is eventually brought down. What T2 does different though is its character development. I LOVE the development of Sarah Connor from Part 1 to Part 2. To me, it makes perfect sense that she'd be insane, burdened with the knowledge of what is to come and all that coming at odds with her responsibilities to her son. She even sort of becomes a Terminator herself at one point. John has an active role in his own story and actually teaches the reprogrammed Terminator how to be human, and we see The bad ass Arnold Terminator learn and grow as well. I also love the ending which is one of my favorite movie endings ever.

From what I've heard, the original plan was to have Michael Beihn play the T-1000 and there would be a role reversal between Reese and Arnold-Nator in doing so. That's an idea that probably sounds okay on paper, but would have felt a bit forced in execution. I'm glad they cast Robert Patrick and allowed the T-1000 to be his own character entirely. He makes for a great villain throughout the film.

So to me, T2 offers a bit more than just re-doing the first film, even if the story structure is about the same. Its better than something like Ghostbusters 2 which was basically just the 1st movie again with a baby, or Hangover 2 which felt like they just played Mad Libs with the script to Part 1.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
ATM, what comes to mind is Trainspotting (Trainspotting 2 comes close, simply for being an actually good sequel, but nothing beats the classics, honestly.) and The Blues Brothers.

Sooner or later, I'll think of much more than this.

FatFuckFrank

Goddamn Sexual Tyrannosaurus
kiwifarms.net
ATM, what comes to mind is Trainspotting (Trainspotting 2 comes close, simply for being an actually good sequel, but nothing beats the classics, honestly.) and The Blues Brothers.

Sooner or later, I'll think of much more than this.
I was impressed by how decent T2 Trainspotting was. It was never going to be as good as the original but I still enjoyed it

• Agree
Reactions: Shokew

Hikikomori-Yume

kiwifarms.net
One Hour Photo

Fun fact: Trent Reznor was going to produce the soundtrack for this movie, things didn't work out but some of the material later wound up on the EP Still.

some of my other favorites include:
The Nightmare Before Christmas
The Ballad of Jack and Rose
Hackers
The Others

ohhh almost forget this gem
That was my favorite when I was 7 - 10

Last edited:

ATaxingWoman

Stefannie Lööfven, Professional Tax Investigator
kiwifarms.net
I have many, probably too many to list here. However, the top spot is a tie between Wong Kar-wai's Chungking Express and Park Chan-wook's The Handmaiden.

WinterMoonsLight

Tsar of the Internet
kiwifarms.net
In no particular order...

The Shining (Kubrick's adaptation)
A Nightmare on Elm Street ('84 version)
Mulholland Drive
Young Frankenstein
Se7en
Blade Runner (80's version)
The Thin Blue Line
Eraserhead
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
The Secret of NIMH

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino