TGWTG Allison Pregler / Obscurus Lupa / Movie Nights - The vindictive leader of #ChangeTheChannel, GOTIS personified, vendetta against The Cinema Snob

• Sorry about the recent downtime. The database server is being autistic. The beatings will continue.

Random Internet Person

3...2...1! Henshin!
kiwifarms.net
no to all but i noticed i was suddenly blocked when she (Allison) was replying to people talking about jk rowling. maybe i liked a relating tweet that she'd wanna block. i only follow phelous from the OG CA.
Makes sense if it was Rowling since Lupa seems to be a pretty dedicated leftist. Just know that we can make cracks for Phelous for sticking with Lupa sometimes.

harpy

kiwifarms.net
Makes sense if it was Rowling since Lupa seems to be a pretty dedicated leftist. Just know that we can make cracks for Phelous for sticking with Lupa sometimes.
thing is though is she isn't a leftist. she's the Popularly Designated as Left by idiots but she's extremely liberal. anyway I'm mad i could've paid for like meds with the money i sent to her

big baby jesus

deep, deep, deep in the mind
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah and it still astounds me that Lupa believed she had any involvement in The Room's cult success when it was popularized mostly because of Adult Swim and a little bit by Doug.
I remember back in 2003 Entertainment Tonight had a small feature on The Room, saying it was like the new Rocky Horror. Even back then it had a small cult following.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
That's because Doug doesn't like conflict. He ignores it as best he can and goes on with whatever he was doing before. He is, in a sense, right for not addressing it but he's doing it for the wrong reasons. It's one thing to shrug it off and go on with what you're doing because it doesn't matter to you. It's another thing to avoid it because you can't face the truth.
Pretty much. Ignoring criticism is better than sperging about it, but never better that taking it into account. Doug somewhat guilty of sperging, but definitely guilty of ignoring.

KrewlKween

It's a Krewl Krewl Summer
kiwifarms.net
so I've lurked the farms for prob two years and had to sign up to express my disdain for this woman. I supplied her via patreon (EDIT: From late 2017) with $5/month up until January just cause I wasn't really interested in her channel and I'm already pretty low on income. got on Twitter the other day and she's got me blocked?!!!?? I've tweeted at Allison but it definitely was never recently. I'm ~radfem on main~ so I figure she's got a blockchain going? either way fuck her, wish I could take back my money.
I vaguely remember a tweet from her a long time ago where she said she did use block chains.

Senor Cardgage Mortgage

Censoring your French cartoons since 2011.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember back in 2003 Entertainment Tonight had a small feature on The Room, saying it was like the new Rocky Horror. Even back then it had a small cult following.
The beginning of the Disaster Artist book more or less explains how it got the cult following

During the last weekend of its initial run in theaters, the 5 second films guy saw a poster for it and its no refunds sign, was amazed by the lack of quality, and got friends over to watch it in theaters later that day, and demanding to order more screenings.

On top of that, the billboard for the movie was over Los Angeles for 8 years and it became an injoke.
Someone at Adult Swim heard about it which led to them Broadcasting it, and around that time it was featured on Rifftrax and it blew up from there.

RomanesEuntDomus

Choke on these nuts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The beginning of the Disaster Artist book more or less explains how it got the cult following

During the last weekend of its initial run in theaters, the 5 second films guy saw a poster for it and its no refunds sign, was amazed by the lack of quality, and got friends over to watch it in theaters later that day, and demanding to order more screenings.

On top of that, the billboard for the movie was over Los Angeles for 8 years and it became an injoke.
Someone at Adult Swim heard about it which led to them Broadcasting it, and around that time it was featured on Rifftrax and it blew up from there.
Nah, it was a poorly produced video by some youtube wannabe.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net

Shit I forgot about that passage from the book. The Disaster Artist is an interesting mess and it's a shame the adaptation of it failed to capture what made the book interesting.

Nah, it was a poorly produced video by some youtube wannabe.
Excuse you but it was a dignified reviewer who is unfairly treated by society especially with those evil children living upstairs.

Random Internet Person

3...2...1! Henshin!
kiwifarms.net
Shit I forgot about that passage from the book. The Disaster Artist is an interesting mess and it's a shame the adaptation of it failed to capture what made the book interesting.
Wasn't the movie just "the making of The Room" and cutting out the part of Greg and Tommy's friendship?

To get back on track, I'm surprised Allision hasn't talked about The Disaster Artist on her channel because it's part of the things that's royalty on what she covers: so bad it's good movies.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
The problem with the movie is that it felt like a vanity project for fans. Like, it got made so Franco could play Tommy and all these fans could reenact their favorite scenes from the movie.

The book however is a lot more interesting as it paints the picture of what its like to be a struggling actor in Hollywood and how hard it is to succeed. I mean there is a part where Tommy gets jealous of Sestero for his role in the Puppetmaster 3 movie. They were struggling so much that Greg getting a role in a low budget horror movie was a source of envy from Tommy.

The book also paints Tommy in a much more conflicting and darker way. There are parts in Greg's accounts where Tommy gets downright nasty and even scary, but almost none of this is brought up in the film. Granted, that may have been done to ensure Tommy's cooperation.

Either way, Sestero's book is now a personal favorite of mine, and it isn't just because of its ties to the Best Worst Movie ever made. Its a legitimately fascinating read, and the movie failed to capture that.

Also, I recommend checking out the audiobook. Sestero's Wisseu impression is so amazing, it leaves me in stitches every time I hear it.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
The problem with the movie is that it felt like a vanity project for fans. Like, it got made so Franco could play Tommy and all these fans could reenact their favorite scenes from the movie.
That was exactly how it felt. I honestly would have preferred they focus a bit on Tommy and Greg's friendship.

Not a bad movie but if you've read the book it just felt a little hollow.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That was exactly how it felt. I honestly would have preferred they focus a bit on Tommy and Greg's friendship.

A lot hollow is how I would describe it. It was brought up in another thread but huge, absolute huge chunks of the book are not represented in the movie.

Random Internet Person

3...2...1! Henshin!
kiwifarms.net

The book however is a lot more interesting as it paints the picture of what its like to be a struggling actor in Hollywood and how hard it is to succeed. I mean there is a part where Tommy gets jealous of Sestero for his role in the Puppetmaster 3 movie. They were struggling so much that Greg getting a role in a low budget horror movie was a source of envy from Tommy.

The book also paints Tommy in a much more conflicting and darker way. There are parts in Greg's accounts where Tommy gets downright nasty and even scary, but almost none of this is brought up in the film. Granted, that may have been done to ensure Tommy's cooperation.

Either way, Sestero's book is now a personal favorite of mine, and it isn't just because of its ties to the Best Worst Movie ever made. Its a legitimately fascinating read, and the movie failed to capture that.

Also, I recommend checking out the audiobook. Sestero's Wisseu impression is so amazing, it leaves me in stitches every time I hear it.

Not only that, but the chapters about the production of the film were amazing in how naive Tommy was. And at the same time, at the end at the end Greg talks about the premiere of the film and how much it means to Tommy and it resonates pretty well. Honestly, part of me thinks Tommy Wiseau is better left to the imagination sometimes.