TGWTG Allison Pregler / Obscurus Lupa / Movie Nights - The vindictive leader of #ChangeTheChannel, GOTIS personified, vendetta against The Cinema Snob

• Sorry about the recent downtime. The database server is being autistic. The beatings will continue.

RomanesEuntDomus

Choke on these nuts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nash is another example of someone who has really changed in the last few years. I had a few conversations with him over a year & he's just a completely different person now. Like Allison, he's become very very bitter.
What is he bitter about? I know he's stuck in an endless self-pity-party and I know he's bitter, but I never really wondered what he was bitter about?
Scarlett leaving him?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Azafran90

Blonde Bomb

when you got it, flaunt it
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
Was that brought on by CA?
I don't think so...we lost touch around 2016. The election really changed him, that's when he went off the edge for me. He made that comment about those miners in West Virginia deserving to die in a mining accident because they voted for Trump sometime in 2017 & Change the Channel didn't happen until 2018. He was still on the site when it first broke, I believe, and left shortly after.

What is he bitter about? I know he's stuck in an endless self-pity-party and I know he's bitter, but I never really wondered what he was bitter about?
Scarlett leaving him?
You're confusing Nash with Spoony.

Hope (Jacob) left him, the whole house thing happened, his father died, he moved & he got really depressed. Then the election came, that he just went off the deep end & really changed from the person I knew.

RomanesEuntDomus

Choke on these nuts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Hope (Jacob) left him, the whole house thing happened, his father died, he moved & he got really depressed. Then the election came, that he just went off the deep end & really changed from the person I knew.
Sorry, I misread Nash for Noah.

Odets

kiwifarms.net
I personally think that all of them were bitter and miserable from the start. There's something deep about their butthurt about honest mistakes and basic problems of others. It isn't just criticism it is bitter jealous. It honestly looks like they believe they're better despite not being able to stabilize a camera or color correct.
All these raging "put me in the writing chair I'm ready" reviewers are all just dorks who consumed a lot of media at one point and decided that that makes them qualified

Last edited:

Random Internet Person

3...2...1! Henshin!
kiwifarms.net
I personally think that all of them were bitter and miserable from the start. There's something deep about their butthurt about honest mistakes and basic problems of others. It isn't just criticism it is bitter jealous. It honestly looks like they believe they're better despite not being able to stabilize a camera or color correct.
All these raging "put me in the writing chair I'm ready" reviewers are all just dorks who consumed a lot of media at one point and decided that that makes them qualified
Makes sense, but honestly I think only Linkara and ERod have that aura of wanting to show how great of writers or directors they are. The only thing Allison thinks is that she has a grander thought of what her opinion is.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
A lot hollow is how I would describe it. It was brought up in another thread but huge, absolute huge chunks of the book are not represented in the movie.
To be fair it's an adaptation and there's only so much you can fit into a 104 minute movie.

Not only that, but the chapters about the production of the film were amazing in how naive Tommy was. And at the same time, at the end at the end Greg talks about the premiere of the film and how much it means to Tommy and it resonates pretty well. Honestly, part of me thinks Tommy Wiseau is better left to the imagination sometimes.
The biggest problem that came from it was Tommy Wiseau now trying to act "weird" instead of trying to "act". In the first movie he was awkward and gave strange line delivery. In everything he's done afterwards he's now "acting" like Tommy Wiseau giving the audience what he thinks made "The Room" so enjoyable. And it feels fake as hell.

You can't make a "so bad it's good" movie on purpose. It just feels wrong when they try.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To be fair it's an adaptation and there's only so much you can fit into a 104 minute movie.

The biggest problem that came from it was Tommy Wiseau now trying to act "weird" instead of trying to "act". In the first movie he was awkward and gave strange line delivery. In everything he's done afterwards he's now "acting" like Tommy Wiseau giving the audience what he thinks made "The Room" so enjoyable. And it feels fake as hell.

You can't make a "so bad it's good" movie on purpose. It just feels wrong when they try.
I disagree. I think a straight adaptation could be done. Might be a 2 and a half hour movie if it shows Wiseau's supposed origin. I blame it purely on DeFranco. It's a botched adaptation that tries to go for an atypical quirky buddy comedy kind of thing whereas the relationship between Wiseau and Sestero was much more nuanced and rocky.

The genesis for The Room was the two of them watching The Talented Mr. Ripley and Wiseau seeing himself in the Matt Damon character (a guy pretending to be someone who he is not). That's what inspired Tommy to make his movie and name the Sestero character Mark in tribute because he thought Matt Damon's name was Mark Damon. There were so many things left out of that adaptation.

Last edited:

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
I disagree. I think a straight adaptation could be done. Might be a 2 and a half hour movie if it shows Wiseau's supposed origin. I blame it purely on DeFranco. It's botched adaptation that tries to go for an atypical quirky buddy comedy kind of thing whereas the relationship between Wiseau and Sestero was much more nuanced and rocky.

The genesis for The Room was the two of them watching The Talented Mr. Ripley and Wiseau seeing himself in the Matt Damon character (a guy pretending to be someone who he is not). That's what inspired Tommy to make his movie and name the Sestero character Mark in tribute because he thought Matt Damon's name was Mark Damon. There were so many things left out of that adaptation.
But that doesn't fit into what James Franco wanted. He wanted a vehicle that he could do with his brother and wanted to focus on Tommy's weirdness and the making of the movie itself. He wasn't interested in Tommy as a person, what made him tick and what actually drove him. It was more, "this guy is totally nuts. Let's play him in a movie". Honestly I wasn't expecting much from James Franco. He's a decent actor but this was something that honestly needed somebody else being in charge.

Random Internet Person

3...2...1! Henshin!
kiwifarms.net
I disagree. I think a straight adaptation could be done. Might be a 2 and a half hour movie if it shows Wiseau's supposed origin. I blame it purely on DeFranco. It's botched adaptation that tries to go for an atypical quirky buddy comedy kind of thing whereas the relationship between Wiseau and Sestero was much more nuanced and rocky.

I posted the pictures of the feelings just before the premiere in the book. And again, the bigger thing of the Wiseau/Sestero saga is about earnestly pursuing your dreams, trying to make a way out of no way, and not letting anything hold you down, regardless of where you came from or how talented you are.

And honestly, you think an argument could be made that the notoriety of The Room has worn off over the last 17 years, only staying around because of no real challengers to the throne?

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
I posted the pictures of the feelings just before the premiere in the book. And again, the bigger thing of the Wiseau/Sestero saga is about earnestly pursuing your dreams, trying to make a way out of no way, and not letting anything hold you down, regardless of where you came from or how talented you are.

And honestly, you think an argument could be made that the notoriety of The Room has worn off over the last 17 years, only staying around because of no real challengers to the throne?
There's been challengers to the throne. The biggest one is "Birdemic" and anything by Neil Breen could qualify but the sheer amount of weirdness from Tommy Wiseau is what has kept "The Room" alive in people's minds.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's been challengers to the throne. The biggest one is "Birdemic" and anything by Neil Breen could qualify but the sheer amount of weirdness from Tommy Wiseau is what has kept "The Room" alive in people's minds.
It's also unique in the pantheon of so bad it's good B and Z-grade trash films in that it's not a genre film. It tries to be a drama and fails. Breen is the only other filmmaker that comes close where he tries to do some kind of Lynchian arthouse drama or something?

Azafran90

Sexiest cenobite "alive"
kiwifarms.net
It's also unique in the pantheon of so bad it's good B and Z-grade trash films in that it's not a genre film. It tries to be a drama and fails. Breen is the only other filmmaker that comes close where he tries to do some kind of Lynchian arthouse drama or something?
Nobody really knows what Breen is doing aside from whatever makes him feel powerful

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
Nobody really knows what Breen is doing aside from whatever makes him feel powerful
Honestly I don't think that Neil Breen knows what Neil Breen is doing. While he's made some of the most unintentionally funny movies to have come out in decades he hasn't really improved, Meaning that he's either a complete hack who's managed to fail upwards or he's managed to hit on the magic formula for making a terrible movie without it getting self aware.

Fictional Character

kiwifarms.net
That it's a drama also helps Tommy's acting stand out. There's no laughable special effects on the level of Birdemic's birds or concentrated weirdness of Neil Breen's plots to distract from it. It's almost completely Tommy's one-man show and his performance is one of a kind. It's also an incredibly simple movie. There's pretty much only three types of scenes in the entire thing: showing how great Johnny is, showing people betraying Johnny and not appreciating how great he is, and scenes where people have chance to stop the upcoming tragedy by coming clean to Johnny. Not even Neil Breen has that kind of laser focus.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
Understanding Wiseau is a lot like trying to understand someone speaking in a language you only took high school classes of.

Understanding Breen is like trying to understand someone that's a completely different species than you.
I've always said that the key to enjoying a Neil Breen movie is just go with it. Don't bother trying to understand what's happening, people's motivations, line delivery or his fascination with magic rocks. Just sit back, watch and laugh your ass off.

Laughingjoke2

kiwifarms.net
I don't think so...we lost touch around 2016. The election really changed him, that's when he went off the edge for me. He made that comment about those miners in West Virginia deserving to die in a mining accident because they voted for Trump sometime in 2017 & Change the Channel didn't happen until 2018. He was still on the site when it first broke, I believe, and left shortly after.

Nash is such a SJW Cuck he couldn't even revel in the fact Hope transitioned into a guy cucked the man she left him for into a homosexual relationship and it ended with Zac offing himself.

Fucking Hell if some Broad did that to me and that was the outcome for the dude she left me for I just might die of laughter.

Azafran90

Sexiest cenobite "alive"
kiwifarms.net
Nash is such a SJW Cuck he couldn't even revel in the fact Hope transitioned into a guy cucked the man she left him for into a homosexual relationship and it ended with Zac offing himself.

Fucking Hell if some Broad did that to me and that was the outcome for the dude she left me for I just might die of laughter.
I think it's because Jahope is radioactive in relationships, he sucks all of the joy and turns it into soy.
Lupa could only hope to be this toxic...