TGWTG Allison Pregler / Obscurus Lupa / Movie Nights - The vindictive leader of #ChangeTheChannel, GOTIS personified, vendetta against The Cinema Snob

VermilionFluttershy

kiwifarms.net

FrankNBeans

kiwifarms.net
When I think it can't get more self unaware, here's Soft Lavender (whose channel still currently makes blood money off a woman's dead father and harassment) thinking someone else is going to make drama channels looks bad.
LavenderDrama.jpg

• Feels
Reactions: Azafran90

KrewlKween

It's a Krewl Krewl Summer
kiwifarms.net
Allison's biggest problem is she is DYING for fame and clout but absolutely refuses to actually chase it properly. She wants her cake and to eat it too. She puts out the most boring and uninspired content and expects it to just take off on merit alone. She occasionally gets an algo blessing in the form of one of her videos getting 10x the views of the rest and she does nothing to analyze why that happened to try and make it happen again. It usually happens on her Star Trek videos (I don't watch any of her content but I did look at the recent numbers). Instead of following that formula and trying to branch out to find where she can get more views, she goes "oh cool that video did well....let me go back to making Baywatch and Charmed videos no one asked for that barely crack 10k". You don't get to complain no one is watching your content if you're not willing to put out the content that is actually breaking through. Use the data for fuck sake or shut up about your lack of views.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v5.0

Shitlord
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
The first video I ever watched of hers was a Star Trek video, and I watched a lot of her movie content. I actually enjoyed her humor and style. Then I noticed she really wasn't producing anything but Baywatch and Charmed reviews which I had zero interest in. Her channel is called "Movie Nights" and she never does movies anymore.

Then I found out what a bitter nutjob she is which explains a lot and colors my perception of her content. If she would chill out and make funny shit she could have an audience, but she seems more interested in hashing out years old grudges and catering to her stans.

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net
Allison's biggest problem is she is DYING for fame and clout but absolutely refuses to actually chase it properly. She wants her cake and to eat it too. She puts out the most boring and uninspired content and expects it to just take off on merit alone. She occasionally gets an algo blessing in the form of one of her videos getting 10x the views of the rest and she does nothing to analyze why that happened to try and make it happen again. It usually happens on her Star Trek videos (I don't watch any of her content but I did look at the recent numbers). Instead of following that formula and trying to branch out to find where she can get more views, she goes "oh cool that video did well....let me go back to making Baywatch and Charmed videos no one asked for that barely crack 10k". You don't get to complain no one is watching your content if you're not willing to put out the content that is actually breaking through. Use the data for fuck sake or shut up about your lack of views.
Every time she makes a fuckup, I can almost hear Phelan's voice telling her:

But, Allison...

FrankNBeans

kiwifarms.net
She has no consistency. Even CA has videos that don't perform as well as others, but they still CAN have hits during any given month. The difference is that CA's output is so strong and their archive is so big, that all of those lesser viewed videos add up to one good total by the end of the month. All Lupa has is just a few videos a month that no one watches which add up to nothing.

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net
She has no consistency. Even CA has videos that don't perform as well as others, but they still CAN have hits during any given month. The difference is that CA's output is so strong and their archive is so big, that all of those lesser viewed videos add up to one good total by the end of the month. All Lupa has is just a few videos a month that no one watches which add up to nothing.

Ever since she rebranded herself as Movie Nights, and trying to be like Red Letter Media she has showed all her weaknesses. She wasn't as funny as guys from RLM, because her strength lies in scripted jokes, not spontaneous humor and on the fly movie references. Also, RLM have extensive knowledge about the movies they talk about and the only one who has seen that amount of movies as Mike and Jay, is Brad "The Cinema Snob" Jones.

Last edited:

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
Ever she rebranded her as Movie Nights, and trying to be like Red Letter Media she showed all her weaknesses. She wasn't as funny as guys from RLM, because her strength lies in scripted jokes, not spontaneous humor and on the fly movie references. Also, RLM have extensive knowledge about the movies they talk about and the only one who has seen that amount of movies as Mike and Jay, is Brad "The Cinema Snob" Jones.
She was actually watchable in her early days before she left Channel Autism. Sure a lot of her jokes didn't land but it's a far sight better than her current unscripted way of doing things.

Once she rebranded herself she just became unwatchable. And as much as I like Phelan or Brad, I can't even watch them when they do / did a crossover on her channel in her style.

KrewlKween

It's a Krewl Krewl Summer
kiwifarms.net
Ever since she rebranded herself as Movie Nights, and trying to be like Red Letter Media she has showed all her weaknesses. She wasn't as funny as guys from RLM, because her strength lies in scripted jokes, not spontaneous humor and on the fly movie references. Also, RLM have extensive knowledge about the movies they talk about and the only one who has seen that amount of movies as Mike and Jay, is Brad "The Cinema Snob" Jones.
Let's not forget that the RLM formula only works because they have 2 or more people to bounce ideas around. It wouldn't work if it were Mike OR Jay trying to say funny things alone in front of a camera. Plinkett works as a solo act strictly because it's a VO. So I guess maybe Allison should go VO like Pushing Up Roses which is the same opinion I've already covered. But no, she refuses. She'll keep doing on camera rants because it's all she knows.

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net
Let's not forget that the RLM formula only works because they have 2 or more people to bounce ideas around. It wouldn't work if it were Mike OR Jay trying to say funny things alone in front of a camera. Plinkett works as a solo act strictly because it's a VO. So I guess maybe Allison should go VO like Pushing Up Roses which is the same opinion I've already covered. But no, she refuses. She'll keep doing on camera rants because it's all she knows.

She occasionally brings Phelan (and Brad when they were friends) to the show. But it just doesn't come together as she hoped for, and I think she knows it. Just because something works for you in theory, doesn't mean it can repeat success of previous work, that made you popular.

Its like when JesuOtaku changed the format because her original format didn't work out for her any more, only to quickly abandon it all together, betraying her audience for assistant editor position.

That can also be applied to Doug's Demo Real, but at least he quickly went damage control and returned Nostalgia Critic from retirement.

Even Phelous knows what put him to the spotlight, and occasionally does Movie reviews, pleasing old and new fans.