TGWTG Allison Pregler / Obscurus Lupa / Movie Nights - Reviewer, The vindictive leader of #ChangeTheChannel, GOTIS personified

Blonde Bomb

when you got it, flaunt it
kiwifarms.net
So the tldr on the Vic Mignogna situation is that late last month/early February, a lot of accusations about Vic's inappropriate behavior on the convention circuit began spreading due to a few circumstances (Me Too culture, Vic starring in the smash success film Dragon Ball Super Broly, and Anime News Network doing an article on Vic's behavior to avoid having to discuss Hazukiri, a friend of some people on ANN who was accused of being a pedophile), and they caught like wildfire. Rooster Teeth fired him from RWBY and Funimation has severed contact with Vic, allegedly because several of their better-known voice actors threatened to leave if they didn't kick him.

While stories about Vic's actiosn on the con circuit have been floating around since before 2003, a lot of the bigger stories brought up have been tainted due to various circumstances- facts not checking not, articles tainting the well by using pictures of Vic kissing fans on the cheek who fully consented to his hugs, some private chatlogs have indicated a deliberate campaign to make false evidence, and several of the voice actors who have backed the accusations (namely Jamie Marchie and Neil Kaplan) have themselves been accused of sexual assault.

Basically, it's likely that the overall meaning of the campaign, that Mignogna is someone who an get a bit inappropriate with his fans and can be a bit grab-happy, is true, but the #KickVic side is teeming with lolcows, especially among the Funimation actors who are going full force in condemning him. Most notably, Amanda Winn Lee told a woman who believed Vic "I hope you get sexually assaulted and that it teaches you to listen and believe" and Monica Rial started responding to people on Twitter with claims that she'd contacted the police, a private detective, lawyers, and Homeland Security.
Vic's behavior as been questionable for years. Between being overly affectionate with underage fans & holding impromptu church services before panels at cons, I'm surprised it's taken this long for the shit to hit the fan.

Is Lupa even a fan of anime? Or is she just jumping on this band-wagon for the sake of screaming her displeasure & using a popular hashtag to get my Twitter traffic?

A Big Bumbling Black Man

never forget your vest in the gangster kitchen
kiwifarms.net
Because when I think anime convention, I think voluntary prayer meeting.
When I went to PAX one year there was a corner set aside for fat sweaty gamers to literally pile on top of eachother and play their handheld consoles in what they call a "cuddle puddle".
A little reverence to the almighty should be similarly tolerated.

BScCollateral

kiwifarms.net
And what in the hell is "questionable" about holding a voluntary prayer meeting?
It all depends. If he started a random panel with a call to prayer I'd question that. (Unless it's a "I just found our friend has cancer, and I'd like to pray with you." That kind of thing gives me feels and I would respect it.)

If it's him saying that he wants to lead a prayer meeting later on, then yes, nothing wrong with that.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
My favorite part about all these ex- Channel Awesome dorks acting like working there was like Normandy Beach or some shit is that no one would know who any of them were if it wasn't for that site. What a bizarre emotional cycle that must be to deal with lol
Pretty sure some of 'em would rather commit seppuku, than admit that "Oh yeah, thanks to that site I actually got noticed...instead of being that low schmuck who works at Starbucks and contemplates suicide every day..."

Zaryiu

kiwifarms.net
Honestly that was probably the only time Spoony never really deserved the shit he got. Yes, he was a total idiot for doing so but at the end of the day, he did make it clear to everyone that he was not being serious and was just making a joke.

There are times where I really wish people can learn to move on and let bygones be bygones. This is definitely one of those times.
Late but Lupa and Hope waited a month before bringing the joke back up

A Big Bumbling Black Man

kiwifarms.net
Late but Lupa and Hope waited a month before bringing the joke back up
Just to fill in the gaps, Lupa bringing up the rape joke wasn't entirely unprovoked.
At the time it was a matter of courtesy for TGWTG contributors to follow eachother on Twitter.
Spoony, being his obnoxious self, became just too disturbing for Lupa to continue reading.
The tweet in question was something like "When a girl treats you so badly you wish you were a dog."
Lupa apparently thinks slandering all men is okay, but not teh womanz, so she announced her unfollow.
In response to his objection, Lupa drudged up the rape joke to bolster her decision.
Spoony didn't take kindly to this, and his self-flagellating meltdown is what got Rob and Mike's attention and helped them decide maybe Spoony wasn't a very good team player.

Last edited:

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
It all depends. If he started a random panel with a call to prayer I'd question that. (Unless it's a "I just found our friend has cancer, and I'd like to pray with you." That kind of thing gives me feels and I would respect it.)

If it's him saying that he wants to lead a prayer meeting later on, then yes, nothing wrong with that.
From what I hear it was always after his panel was over. He did it because he figures fans are sad depressed fuckers who needed Jesus in their lives to make them feel better.

BScCollateral

kiwifarms.net
From what I hear it was always after his panel was over. He did it because he figures fans are sad depressed fuckers who needed Jesus in their lives to make them feel better.
My take is that there's nothing wrong with that. As long as the panel isn't a bait and switch, he's perfectly at liberty to invite people to sacrifice to Cthulhu if he wants, once the panel is done.

A Big Bumbling Black Man

kiwifarms.net
Late Update, but Lupa and Marzgurl are set to collaborate on a video, just as the #KickVic movement is about to receive a legal ass-whooping.

One can anticipate these two failed harpies throwing shade at the situation, especially considering Chipmunk is now encouraging harassment of anime conventions who don't bow down to the outrage mob.

I suggest Marzgurl be combined into this thread. I get why there haven't been any updates recently, keeping up with these twitter feeds is a chore because they're constantly spraying basic-bitch pop culture tweets. It's like a thinly-vieled attempt to mask their hardline social justice spergery.

Sexy Times Hitler

Loves Cheez-Its and America too
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I suggest Marzgurl be combined into this thread. I get why there haven't been any updates recently, keeping up with these twitter feeds is a chore because they're constantly spraying basic-bitch pop culture tweets. It's like a thinly-vieled attempt to mask their hardline social justice spergery.
We already have the Animegate thread, and if anything, Marzgurl would most likely get her own thread.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino