TGWTG Allison Pregler / Obscurus Lupa / Movie Nights - Reviewer, The vindictive leader of #ChangeTheChannel, GOTIS personified

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
I'm just wondering what these so called reviewers plan for the long run.
They must know that their future looks bleak as fuck yet they do nothing to prepare for it.
Some people could try to get a cozy job at some crapsite like Vice or whatever, I guess.
Honestly, I think some have this mentality how this gravy train won't ever stop for 'em, how they are the next step/evolution of entertainment and more popular than TV stuff.

AveraDiane

kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
Honestly, I think some have this mentality how this gravy train won't ever stop for 'em, how they are the next step/evolution of entertainment and more popular than TV stuff.
What Gravy Train? Pregler here is the perfect example. She has been working at her supposed "career" that has seemingly never been able to pay the bills or keep a roof over her head. But she would never think to do something else because "it's her chosen career" and these dipshits were always taught to "follow your dreams" instead of "make practical life choices in furtherance of your goals"

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What Gravy Train? Pregler here is the perfect example. She has been working at her supposed "career" that has seemingly never been able to pay the bills or keep a roof over her head. But she would never think to do something else because "it's her chosen career" and these dipshits were always taught to "follow your dreams" instead of "make practical life choices in furtherance of your goals"
How does she live anyway? She's in Arizona afaik, does she still live with her parents?
In case of female TGWTG-contributors, they at least have the option of marrying some douche to get a mealticket, but people like Filmbrain are pretty much SOOL if they try to live off of their reviewing until they retire.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
I'd like to do her a solid and offer her a job....

But her history suggests that she would be a massive headache, so no.

Seriously though, I can't believe the people that did the online career thing wouldn't have a part time job on the side. Unless you are getting Pewdiepie numbers, or even half that, online video creation isn't exactly a stable source of income.

Blonde Bomb

when you got it, flaunt it
kiwifarms.net
I thought she moved from Arizona to Illinois to be closer to Brad because she has no friends. It worked out well for her.
I believe she moved to Illinois because Brad & Nash were there.

Welshy knew being a reviewer wasn't any way to make a real living. He worked a real job while he did reviews, and eventually gave it up when he felt it was time. And he still has a real job. Because he is a normal human being.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd like to do her a solid and offer her a job....

But her history suggests that she would be a massive headache, so no.

Seriously though, I can't believe the people that did the online career thing wouldn't have a part time job on the side. Unless you are getting Pewdiepie numbers, or even half that, online video creation isn't exactly a stable source of income.
Lupa strikes me as the kind of person that would either flippantly decline, thinking herself to be something better than to work whatever mundane job it is you have to offer her, or alternatively, she'd begrudgingly accept, end up in the heart of a shitton of drama with coworkers or do a shoddy job.

I don't know why, but I have a really low image of her in that regard.
Part of me thinks that she's jealous of Spoony, who told that lisping manchild Michaud to kiss his ass and cut ties with CA when they gave him shit while she tried to kiss up to them for quite some time, being ramshackled to the Walker possé by nothing other than her own idiocy.

Welshy knew being a reviewer wasn't any way to make a real living. He worked a real job while he did reviews, and eventually gave it up when he felt it was time. And he still has a real job. Because he is a normal human being.
The smartest thing to do, really. Benzaie seems to have gotten some work in TV if I'm not mistaken.
Some people might have made a neat amount of dosh and for some it made sense to shelve their regular job, but anyone who thought he could ride the Youtube fame wave till old age is a fucking moron.
If someone like Lupa had to apply for a Job, what would she even write into her resumé? "And then I spend several years poorly filming myself in my room talking about Cynthia Rothrock movies and ended up being fired over an argument that got out of hand. Also I was at the heart of a toxic shitstorm related to my old employer... wanna give me the job or what?"

I found this. It was posted a while back by Brad I guess when Lupa dug things up again.
View attachment 692528View attachment 692529
Well shit. I didn't know it was this bad.

Sexy Times Hitler

Loves Cheez-Its and America too
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I found this. It was posted a while back by Brad I guess when Lupa dug things up again.
You're telling me Allison's distorting the truth to fit a narrative? Next you'll tell me ice is really cold.

(Also this has been added to the OP. :))
Ironically I think Todd probably has the best bet of moving from his current gig into a real job working as a music critic for a proper outlet. It tends to get overshadowed by his more idiotic moments but Todd can be surprisingly on the ball when it comes to music.
One Hit Wonderland and Trainwreckords are really good series, and he (largely) doesn't put his foot in his mouth anymore too.

Last edited:

d12

Lurker and Resident Normie
kiwifarms.net
One Hit Wonderland and Trainwreckords are really good series, and he (largely) doesn't put his foot in his mouth anymore too.
I'd argue that Todd has got himself a good niche when he chose to review music. I can't think of anyone else who does video reviews on music besides Anthony Fantano and he mostly does modern stuff. I think that if he focuses more on doing One Hit Wonderland and Trainwreckords he could potentially achieve a level of minor growth on his channel.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Jeez, someone tried to swat them on the day of a funeral? Christ Allison, that's not the shit you hand-wave away and victim blame people for, what the genuine fuck is wrong with you?
That's an easy question: She's a vindictive as fuck drama and attention whore who's willing to shit and throw anyone under the bus as long as she gets her needed attention and becomes the talk of the town.

A Big Bumbling Black Man

never forget your vest in the gangster kitchen
kiwifarms.net
Brad's wife (heh) had no reason to expect Lupa to 1) assume it's true that a "supporter" of hers tried to SWAT them or 2) take any responsibility for anybody but herself.
"Shrugging it off" was the correct reaction, and I hate taking Lupa's side in any situation.
It's just a matter of choosing the lesser of two sperg-devils, and unfortunately Brad can be just as dumb.

ChevroletBlackboard

kiwifarms.net
There's also jealousy. Wouldn't surprise me if Allison began to hate Brad as a result of her channel not taking off thanks to the drama while he didn't really suffer any financial consequences to staying with Doug and Rob. Add in how her fans made tits of themselves and the Change the Channel movement by harassing Brad and his family over his choice to say and some secondhand resentment likely blew up.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino