TGWTG Allison Pregler / Obscurus Lupa / Movie Nights - The vindictive leader of #ChangeTheChannel, GOTIS personified, vendetta against The Cinema Snob

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Common Shadow

kiwifarms.net
Do we know anything at all about her childhood before the high school drama club? Without perhaps overthinking things, or wishing ill on her as a little girl, maybe there is a reason for her stunted mental and emotional growth to be found in her past? She doesn't talk about her family much, or indeed at all, does she?
That's the spooky part; it is completely blank. It is like she was hatched in some remote part of the world where she was discovered, kept secret until she was in her teens then released onto the world with only her head full of cheesy movies and pesudo-nerd knowledge at her disposal.

Josterman

Palmer Report enthusiast, banned from Wikipedia
kiwifarms.net
Operative word being more normally. Lindsay Ellis, for example, turned into a bloated alcoholic, but she doesn't look geriatric.

Carvey's character honestly seems more fun and likable than Lupa. Although they're pretty close in the looks department.
At least with Lindsay she knows she created a monster and hanged out with monsters

JamesFargo

Did a dime in San Quentin.
kiwifarms.net
That's the spooky part; it is completely blank. It is like she was released onto the world with only her head full of cheesy movies and pesudo-nerd knowledge at her disposal.
A tulpa is like an evil, manufactured twin, no?

luvz97wx97h41.jpg

Like in Twin Peaks: the blonde Diane is a tulpa of 90's Diane.

So if the lolcow is the tulpa then somewhere out there is the good Allison. Maybe she teaches film appreciation classes to underprivileged youths at her local library.

Last edited:

BScCollateral

kiwifarms.net
That's the spooky part; it is completely blank. It is like she was hatched in some remote part of the world where she was discovered, kept secret until she was in her teens then released onto the world with only her head full of cheesy movies and pesudo-nerd knowledge at her disposal.
I'm still convinced she's a good decade older than she claims.

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
Her and Mathew Buck both have aged astonishingly badly. I'd wonder if there was something in their water during the CA crossover specials, but most of the people aged more normally, troonery aside.
Bitter and angry thoughts tend to manifest on the face. Roald Dahl has a good example:

95709018_963942524063858_2381510381529989120_n.jpg

I'm still convinced she's a good decade older than she claims.
That would make so much sense. Especially considering her tastes in film and entertainment are more in line with someone Brad's age than her own.

Nugumu

kiwifarms.net
You wanna talk about ageing badly? Guru Larry (I hate to poke fun at the guy because I don't think anyone has anything bad to say about him as a person) may have lost a lot of weight, but with that hair he's slowly turning into the Crypt Keeper. And he's technically a current Channel Awesome creator so I don't know what his excuse is for looking so bad.
461981B3-4B70-4A32-AFD4-FF1AC6562574.jpeg

Common Shadow

kiwifarms.net
You wanna talk about ageing badly? Guru Larry (I hate to poke fun at the guy because I don't think anyone has anything bad to say about him as a person) may have lost a lot of weight, but with that hair he's slowly turning into the Crypt Keeper. And he's technically a current Channel Awesome creator so I don't know what his excuse is for looking so bad.
View attachment 2908367
Most of these content creators are under constant pressure to deliver quality content, duck and dodge criticism every day, probably have poor diets, their personal lives are under the microscope because fans want to know more and more about them to be somehow closer to them (yes, that is as creepy as it sounds), etc. I'm not giving excuses; they chose this life in the public eye. I feel like the vast majority of them were never prepared for the physical, mental and emotional turmoil that comes attached.

Doctor Placebo

Bloody, bloody 2020.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2908367
He really just needs a decent haircut. He's not going to win any world's sexiest man competitions, but that ratty mane is his main problem.

Bogs

Hold on tight to your dreams
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2908367
I mean beforehand, he did have quite the shrek look going on. If he got himself the same haircut as his avatar, he'd be reasonable.

Also GuruLarry is pretty likable as a person so he gets a pass

Josterman

Palmer Report enthusiast, banned from Wikipedia
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2908367
Oh god that image is seered in to my eyes

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2908367
Yeah but Larry went from being a big hambeast to this. I think he got his stomach stapled or something and that means getting all the nutrition you need is a little difficult.

That and he's British. They're not known to be the healthiest looking people out there. He seems like a cool guy and everything and he's the type you could have a pint with and just talk video games and stuff. But a looker he isn't.

Jumbo Gay Threat

Bitch please, no one’s that gay
kiwifarms.net
The sheer state of this woman. Thanks for identifying the cosplay as Xena 'cos I'd have guessed Davros in his darlek wheelchair.

Lupa is mentally 12 years old, 14 at most. Not in a carefree, eternally youthful kind of way, more like a crushing mental disorder made worse by "I'm being good today, I waited until 10am to start drinking" kind of way.

Do we know anything at all about her childhood before the high school drama club? Without perhaps overthinking things, or wishing ill on her as a little girl, maybe there is a reason for her stunted mental and emotional growth to be found in her past? She doesn't talk about her family much, or indeed at all, does she?
This is just mere speculation, borrowed from my own interactions to people similar to Allison. It is quite possible that she might have a mental disorder that happened during her early or late adolescent years. Wether if it was caused by trauma is hard to tell. (Or if she inherited it from a family member either from her paternal or maternal side) Since we have no clue what her early life was like.

Plus we have never heard Allison discuss anything about her family. Which is often the case with people like her. (Who knows maybe there was bad blood or something)
So it could be possible that maybe he she had an undiagnosed mental illness? Like Biopolar or Borderline Personality Disorder? So until someone from her past or family comes forward to debunk this. Or prove me right, all we can do is speculate.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2908367
Years of living a very unhealthy existence will do that. That said, he really should get a haircut and could clean up to look a little better.

MechanicalHugbox

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2908367
like that hair is kinda horrible but honestly for a 40-something year old bloke in London I'd say he looks above average. British people do get really frumpy looking basically the 2nd after they turn 20 and for the most part he looks like a mostly healthy British man of his age

Ninon42

kiwifarms.net
Years of living a very unhealthy existence will do that. That said, he really should get a haircut and could clean up to look a little better.
Yeah, cutting and washing his hair plus getting a brow wax (just once, for shaping) would do him a world of good. Otherwise he has decent skin, reasonable features and seems like a nice person. He just needs some surface level work.

Allison, otoh, needs to learn maintenance asap. People with her type of hair and bone structure tend to always look older in youth but equilibrate in their 30s, growing into their features. She's avoided sun damage (more a side effect of not leaving the computer/tv screen enough) but is otherwise doughy and lazy with her appearance. It's easy to be passably attractive with minimal effort in your late teens and twenties; after that it takes work and she hasn't put it in. Both she and Phelous are on a path to get more fat and bitter as they stagnate together in perpetual arrested development like bored neutered housecats.

Big_Fat_Becky

I want to be the intersection in a gay foursome.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, cutting and washing his hair plus getting a brow wax (just once, for shaping) would do him a world of good. Otherwise he has decent skin, reasonable features and seems like a nice person. He just needs some surface level work.

Allison, otoh, needs to learn maintenance asap. People with her type of hair and bone structure tend to always look older in youth but equilibrate in their 30s, growing into their features. She's avoided sun damage (more a side effect of not leaving the computer/tv screen enough) but is otherwise doughy and lazy with her appearance. It's easy to be passably attractive with minimal effort in your late teens and twenties; after that it takes work and she hasn't put it in. Both she and Phelous are on a path to get more fat and bitter as they stagnate together in perpetual arrested development like bored neutered housecats.
Doughy and lazy huh. Then i've got a new name for her: Obscured Fupa

ThatDarnIrishMan

kiwifarms.net
Screenshot_20220125_160056.jpg

I forgot she existed. Got recommended to me on Twitter as a "you might know" when I was browsing Spoony.

Holy fuck she's ugly. I opened a random video because I saw Phelan on it too. The Christmas one. She was never great looking but in 10 years since I last saw her she now looks to be a 50 year old woman trying to pretend to be in her late 20s.

So, Lupa and Phelan are married now. How come their video feels like it's two people on opposite sides of the world who've never spoken to eachother before?

I see Phelan is still doing that weird shit that Americans think is snarky British deadpan where he'll be asked "Have you heard of Jurassic Park?" And he'll sigh, exaggerate an eye roll and say "I GUESS I've heard of it." Fucking hated that shit. I remember back on the TGWTG board all the fans would gush about his incredible deadpan delivery and compare it British comedy. It isn't.

It's so weird to revisit these people like a decade on as they desperately try and cling to the few hundred viewers they still can get to watch their shit.

Admittedly she still has like 420 patreons so must be doing something right. Anyway know what she actually makes off those 420?

Nugumu

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2919165

I forgot she existed. Got recommended to me on Twitter as a "you might know" when I was browsing Spoony.

Holy fuck she's ugly. I opened a random video because I saw Phelan on it too. The Christmas one. She was never great looking but in 10 years since I last saw her she now looks to be a 50 year old woman trying to pretend to be in her late 20s.

So, Lupa and Phelan are married now. How come their video feels like it's two people on opposite sides of the world who've never spoken to eachother before?

I see Phelan is still doing that weird shit that Americans think is snarky British deadpan where he'll be asked "Have you heard of Jurassic Park?" And he'll sigh, exaggerate an eye roll and say "I GUESS I've heard of it." Fucking hated that shit. I remember back on the TGWTG board all the fans would gush about his incredible deadpan delivery and compare it British comedy. It isn't.

It's so weird to revisit these people like a decade on as they desperately try and cling to the few hundred viewers they still can get to watch their shit.

Admittedly she still has like 420 patreons so must be doing something right. Anyway know what she actually makes off those 420?
420 patrons? It's always sad how small channels are able to get more patrons than much bigger channels. There's no sadder example than BlameitonJorge. Over a million subs, honestly makes good content and yet only managed to get 67 patrons last time I looked.