TGWTG Allison Pregler / Obscurus Lupa / Movie Nights - Reviewer, The vindictive leader of #ChangeTheChannel, GOTIS personified

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
though given the reaction Brad got I'm calling it now that Allison threatened anyone who was thinking of staying with a harassment campaign until they bent the knee
I doubt it. More like they saw people giving shit to Doug and realised, that it was better to leave before they start giving shit to them for staying. Allison is a bitch, not a schemer.

ComeoutandJULAY

BURN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND BU-BURN TO THE GROUND
kiwifarms.net
We're just one week away from it having been a year since the big climax of #ChangeTheChannel (when JewWario was outed as the sexual predator spoken of in their big Google doc manifesto), huh?

Between Lupa fading further and further into irrelevance, @MarzGurl becoming the laughing stock of weebs all over the Internet, and fuck knows whatever Holly Christine Brown is up to these days, I'm having my doubts that their little movement benefited these lovely ladies all that greatly in the long run.

We're just one week away from it having been a year since the big climax of #ChangeTheChannel (when JewWario was outed as the sexual predator spoken of in their big Google doc manifesto), huh?

Between Lupa fading further and further into irrelevance, @MarzGurl becoming the laughing stock of weebs all over the Internet, and fuck knows whatever Holly Christine Brown is up to these days, I'm having my doubts that their little movement benefited these lovely ladies all that greatly in the long run.

Doesn't seem to have affected Doug at all. CA subscriptions dipped this time last year, but are just above what they were before it. That must annoy her.

Hank Salagna

kiwifarms.net
Doesn't seem to have affected Doug at all. CA subscriptions dipped this time last year, but are just above what they were before it. That must annoy her.

Doug's fanbase is big and retardedly loyal, and is mostly comprised of autists and young children. They never cared about Change the Channel in the first place, even after Channel Awesome deleted its forums and did everything they could to ignore and deflect the blame and accusations. Allison and her cabal of idiots never had a chance.

MyOtherNicknameIsAPun

Neck sleeve owner. Cybermercenary in my spare time
kiwifarms.net
They never cared about Change the Channel in the first place
And why would they? The infractions were so insignificant. It's like stopping going to your local 50 cent hot-dog place because night shift manager is a shithead and once fired line cook. If the CTC weren't such 'tists they would know their protest won't do shit. Dead weight was cut, Doug is still a cash cow, and people who split continued on their predicted trajectory to obscurity with few people bucking the trend.

For whatever it was worth it was a great, the JewWario dramabomb was great.

And why would they? The infractions were so insignificant. It's like stopping going to your local 50 cent hot-dog place because night shift manager is a shithead and once fired line cook. If the CTC weren't such 'tists they would know their protest won't do shit. Dead weight was cut, Doug is still a cash cow, and people who split continued on their predicted trajectory to obscurity with few people bucking the trend.

For whatever it was worth it was a great, the JewWario dramabomb was great.

Perhaps a few legit ones mixed with hearsay and a whole dose of who gives a fuck. Funny how Lupa and her ilk thought it would be a Watergate moment, instead Doug was free of his z-listers and pretty much carried on as if nothing had happened.

Mizafuginmike

kiwifarms.net
The problem for CTC, besides the unexpected Jewario bomb, was that it happened too late.

Firstly, they're almost all old complaints that had been aired out years ago anyway. Every CA fan had already heard the stupid stories about how they taped someone to a wall for too long during Kickassia or whatever the fuck.

But worse, they waited until blip was dead, a bunch of major contributors had already left (maybe if they could have gotten Spoony or the ChezApocalypse people to drop, that would have gotten a little more reaction, but they were already long gone by then) and most importantly, after all the non-Chicago contributors had stopped earning money for CA. The CA site itself had already lost most of its activity to fans just watching the producers' YT channels completely. Doug wasn't making money anytime you clicked on a Chris Stuckmann video after everyone had diversified over YT, so what did he care who left the site after that? Sections like "Blogger of the Month" went un-updated for almost a year at a time because nobody cared, because it was already completely bereft of financial draw. CTC waited until they had no power over CA's bottom line to attempt to strike at it.

Of course they waited because, before then, CA also had power over their bottom lines. They joined CA for views and ad bucks, and only left when the views and bucks stopped flowing. So it also showed how mercenary they were to their supposed ideals.

The only people hurt by CTC were the little contributors, like SomeJerkWithACamera, who was still trying to build an audience from CA exposure when he was pressured into leaving and abandoning all those crossover collaboration clicks.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
CTC waited until they had no power over CA's bottom line to attempt to strike at it.
I agree with your post, except this part. CTC wasn't some scheme or plan or even gay op. It was just a bunch of spergs on Twitter, who found a tweet of their ex-co-worker and professional drama queen and then turned their bitching into google doc. Nobody was "waiting" to start a fire, it has started, because there was enough fuel of offended ex-contributors and not enough fire safety of CA being useful enough for it's contributors to remain loyal. Only a spark was needed and one vindictive dramawhore has become one.

Mizafuginmike

kiwifarms.net
I agree with your post, except this part. CTC wasn't some scheme or plan or even gay op. It was just a bunch of spergs on Twitter, who found a tweet of their ex-co-worker and professional drama queen and then turned their bitching into google doc. Nobody was "waiting" to start a fire, it has started, because there was enough fuel of offended ex-contributors and not enough fire safety of CA being useful enough for it's contributors to remain loyal. Only a spark was needed and one vindictive dramawhore has become one.
I don't know. Allison had certainly been kvetching and leaking her firing chat with Michaud and other complaints ever since she was let go, but CTC was a definite single point in time where she, Heather and Marz definitely decided together to make the hashtag, create the doc and solicit everyone involved to add their stories, etc. It's not like random Twitter spergs just randomly discovered the drama (again, it had been out in the open for ages anyway) and did anything on their own. It was an orchestrated little push against CA by the bitter ex contributors, not their fans.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
I don't know. Allison had certainly been kvetching and leaking her firing chat with Michaud and other complaints ever since she was let go, but CTC was a definite single point in time where she, Heather and Marz definitely decided together to make the hashtag, create the doc and solicit everyone involved to add their stories, etc. It's not like random Twitter spergs just randomly discovered the drama (again, it had been out in the open for ages anyway) and did anything on their own. It was an orchestrated little push against CA by the bitter ex contributors, not their fans.
No-no, that's not what I mean. I'm trying to say, that Allison's bitching wasn't some first step in some grand scheme. It was just her typical day on the wrong side of the bed. I can easily imagine how all this thing could end in shoulder tapping and be forgotten. It just so happened, that she, Marz and Holly had seen a potential in this bitching, especially in this age of hashtags and Twitter mobs. And about "ex-contributors". If I recall corectly, among participants in that original thread were Todd in the Shadows and Linkara, which means that CA outlived its usefulness for them and everyone else, who left the site afterwards.

GeePee

kiwifarms.net
Not a big revelation since almost everybody already figured it out but here's Allison making it official...she's not in the Brad Jones business anymore!

View attachment 714847
don't complain when other people repost your deleted videos...Also,Phelous,Doug and Brad didn't delete any of their videos done with people whom they since had fallouts(except Phelous who erased JewWario out of his videos,but he didn't delete them),which just says more about you than about them.

Last edited:

ComeoutandJULAY

BURN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND BU-BURN TO THE GROUND
kiwifarms.net
X-posting from the Doug Walker thread:

Just a friendly reminder that it has now officially been one year since Channel Autism put out that second "apology" for the way it treated its employees (the first one being the "we sincerely regret that you felt that way" one). (archive)

Now, this "apology" would have just been seen as sort of the sequel to the first one, but when CA attempted to address the whole "groomer" situation the Change the Channel folks went on about and had the chat logs to back its statements up, things would take a rather dark turn almost immediately:

People observed the noticeably unredacted dates of the logs, saw a suspect who was let go from CA at an eerily similar time, found a name that matched the poorly whited out text, received some confirmation from CTC about who it was, and...well, the rest is history. And this dumpster fire was wild enough to spread to this very thread, leading lots of people here, including yours truly, to comment on it as it went down.

Good times, man. Good times.
I'm also putting it here because I remember that there was a shit ton of pushback against the Change the Channel side of things back when it happened. If the "Not So Awesome" manifesto didn't convince people that the CTC people were just as spergy (if not even more so) as their bald ex-employer with a bad lisp, the reveal of the identity of the Channel Autism groomer sure as hell did.
That, and I get to dredge up old shit that's pretty much ancient history now, which is fitting considering the subject of this thread.

Ten2Nine

kiwifarms.net

I remember when the Twitter discussion between all the ex-Channel Awesome employees (and even a couple current ones) started. I posted 214 screencaps of it, roughly in order, here and here. It was enjoyable to see all the people CA thought were in the rearview mirror come out of the woodwork to commiserate together and bash Doug, Rob & Mike for days on end. Allison may have lit the fuse with her stupid dramatics but regardless, there seemed to be a genuine comradery in the back and forths between all of them. Somebody brought up in the middle of all of this (it's in one of the screencaps) that they should all collaborate on a book about Channel Awesome. It sounded like a smart idea to me. An oral history of Channel Awesome told by it's former employees of how unbelievably incompetent the main three guys running it were.

But no. That idea was completely ignored because Allison and a couple of other people needed their "justice" so here comes #ChangeTheChannel with it's Not So Awesome google doc. Don't get me wrong...I enjoyed watching the carnage achived by going down that road but it was mixed feelings. The Twitter conversation came off very organic and fun but once they got all that attention it immediately went to their heads (Allison especially) so a forced and contrived campaign to get bitter revenge on their former employers had to follow. A lot of good it did them in the end. What a waste of the positive response they got to that Twitter discussion.

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
I remember when the Twitter discussion between all the ex-Channel Awesome employees (and even a couple current ones) started. I posted 214 screencaps of it, roughly in order, here and here. It was enjoyable to see all the people CA thought were in the rearview mirror come out of the woodwork to commiserate together and bash Doug, Rob & Mike for days on end. Allison may have lit the fuse with her stupid dramatics but regardless, there seemed to be a genuine comradery in the back and forths between all of them. Somebody brought up in the middle of all of this (it's in one of the screencaps) that they should all collaborate on a book about Channel Awesome. It sounded like a smart idea to me. An oral history of Channel Awesome told by it's former employees of how unbelievably incompetent the main three guys running it were.

But no. That idea was completely ignored because Allison and a couple of other people needed their "justice" so here comes #ChangeTheChannel with it's Not So Awesome google doc. Don't get me wrong...I enjoyed watching the carnage achived by going down that road but it was mixed feelings. The Twitter conversation came off very organic and fun but once they got all that attention it immediately went to their heads (Allison especially) so a forced and contrived campaign to get bitter revenge on their former employers had to follow. A lot of good it did them in the end. What a waste of the positive response they got to that Twitter discussion.
Allison thought that she could get Michaud fired, even though he owns Channel Awesome and doesn't have to answer to shareholders or a board of directors, which is the belief of someone who has never held a job of consequence.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino