Altcoin Season - when?

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Too many people buying and holding, not enough people taking the time/risk to actively trade. There's plenty of action and opportunities to make trades even in a bear market.

Hodlr's gotta feel like shit since we're grinding on this low we keep touching over and over. If we break $10k again I expect a lot of hodlers are gonna start coming out of the woodworks.

Edit: ALT SEASON???
upload_2018-9-1_5-52-59.png

DOGE is up 50%
upload_2018-9-1_5-56-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ms. Cegination

AKA Jean Poole
kiwifarms.net
Too many people buying and holding, not enough people taking the time/risk to actively trade. There's plenty of action and opportunities to make trades even in a bear market.

Hodlr's gotta feel like shit since we're grinding on this low we keep touching over and over. If we break $10k again I expect a lot of hodlers are gonna start coming out of the woodworks.
I'd actively trade but I'm paranoid and don't want to give my dox to an exchange and end up getting goxxed.
That, and I'd probably lose all my money.

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd actively trade but I'm paranoid and don't want to give my dox to an exchange and end up getting goxxed.
That, and I'd probably lose all my money.
The best exchanges don't require KYC. Some don't even ask you for your name, just an email address.

Banh Xeo

Tôi có một dương vật hoàng gia. Cảm ơn người dịch
kiwifarms.net
Was sad I didn't get out of DOGE before the big fall a few hours earlier, but def still sitting pretty. Any thoughts on the upcoming bridge demo? Palmer's twitter rant? The future of blockchain currencies in general? I've taken out my principal, so I'm just looking to drown myself in gravy.

I think crypto is a massive bubble waiting to evaporate billions of dollars at any second, and it gets me hard being on the roller coaster.

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Any thoughts on the upcoming bridge demo? Palmer's twitter rant? The future of blockchain currencies in general
No, I just trade the charts.

Cryptocurrency is important, without it I wouldn't be taking donations on my website. There are a lot of people who are simply cut out of the traditional banking system who need a permission-less alternative.

Banh Xeo

Tôi có một dương vật hoàng gia. Cảm ơn người dịch
kiwifarms.net
No, I just trade the charts.

Cryptocurrency is important, without it I wouldn't be taking donations on my website. There are a lot of people who are simply cut out of the traditional banking system who need a permission-less alternative.
I personally think it has some major unseen developments for enabling third worldy people to level the playing field financially.

I don't think it's a bad thing at all, but like every new technology it more than likely has some undiscovered flaw, and the amount of money being thrown around without people understanding the ins and outs of the technology is a dangerous thing. A relative of a close person to myself lost a large chunk of money that they received as a family gift. Sad, preventable. Wasn't an amount they should have risked given their personal situation, but they saw it as the future and a no lose situation. Not as what it is, a high risk non insured free for all. In it's current state anyways.

I wouldn't even claim to understand it. I understand it's usefulness, and I like kicking around spare change on my exchange and seeing what works.

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I personally think it has some major unseen developments for enabling third worldy people to level the playing field financially.

I don't think it's a bad thing at all, but like every new technology it more than likely has some undiscovered flaw, and the amount of money being thrown around without people understanding the ins and outs of the technology is a dangerous thing. A relative of a close person to myself lost a large chunk of money that they received as a family gift. Sad, preventable. Wasn't an amount they should have risked given their personal situation, but they saw it as the future and a no lose situation. Not as what it is, a high risk non insured free for all. In it's current state anyways.

I wouldn't even claim to understand it. I understand it's usefulness, and I like kicking around spare change on my exchange and seeing what works.
I treat all alts as a scam on the long term because I honestly believe 90% of them will being going away. Alt season has been too profitable historically to pass it by, though.

Cryptocurrency has a unique and valid use-case. For that reason I think cryptocurrency has intrinsic value. If only one survives it will be the one with the most network effect, which is currently BTC.

Edit: Holding Bcash in anticipation for the Bitmain IPO (dump that shit immediately once the investors buy in). XLM has been a good coin to trade recently, as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

whathefuckman

kiwifarms.net
I lurk
you gotta understand the limited crossover of people who are both interested in finance & internet terrorists that kill troons with misgendering.
The even more limited crossover of people with any kind of available income and time to even consider crypto trading to begin with.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cryptocurrency has a unique and valid use-case.
Money laundering? I don't mean that disparagingly. Just in the sense of hiding the source of money.

If it's just money laundering, then yeah, crypto has a long-lasting use case and it'll stick around in some form.

But if that's its only use case, then it probably will never go mainstream. Your average person has no reason to play ball with something like that. Mainstream banks don't have reason to play ball with that (and all the headache regulations it'll require).

However, one mainstream use I can see happening is replacing chunks of the existing financial system. See, for checks and various types of transactions that go between banks, there's like 3 layers of low level clerks that spend a lot of time checking people's credentials and transaction numbers and things like that. There's quite a bit of automation, but it's still really labor inefficient.

They could probably fire a bunch of those clerks and replace them wholesale with ripple or something.

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Money laundering? I don't mean that disparagingly. Just in the sense of hiding the source of money.

If it's just money laundering, then yeah, crypto has a long-lasting use case and it'll stick around in some form.

But if that's its only use case, then it probably will never go mainstream. Your average person has no reason to play ball with something like that. Mainstream banks don't have reason to play ball with that (and all the headache regulations it'll require).

However, one mainstream use I can see happening is replacing chunks of the existing financial system. See, for checks and various types of transactions that go between banks, there's like 3 layers of low level clerks that spend a lot of time checking people's credentials and transaction numbers and things like that. There's quite a bit of automation, but it's still really labor inefficient.

They could probably fire a bunch of those clerks and replace them wholesale with ripple or something.
De-platforming resistant numbers being moved around between accounts. I do not suggest some sort of bitcoin maximalist narrative about it replacing fiat currency.

As for banks, literally anything could replace the SWIFT banking network and it'd be better.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino