Feedback Amalgamate repulsive tranny and tranny social media sideshows? -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

zedkissed60

"I'm not retracting shit."
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@zedkissed60 what do you think
The sideshows thread is very active and we keep seeing things like tranny news posted in there, or people giving their opinions on transgenderism in there even though there's a separate thread for transgender general discussion. Occasionally people still post stragglers to Rat King General that should be in the sideshows thread.

Since users have defacto made sideshows the "trannies amirite" thread, I agree with either a merge or locking the other threads.

Some threads like the Jazz Jennings one are mostly "trannies amirite" posting. It still happens in tranny rat king threads on occasion and I just move those discussions out to transgender general discussion.

I don't keep up with the sideshows thread, but there's an ongoing problem of users posting content in it about people with existing threads. A lot of them don't really venture out into on-topic threads to realize we've already discussed plenty of people they're "discovering".

ref.
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/most-physically-repulsive-tranny.36943/ (.)
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/insane-parents-of-transgender-kids.30908/ (.)
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/general-transgender-discussion-thread.63637/ (.)
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/tranny-sideshows-on-social-media.33028/ (.)
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/tranny-news-megathread.49301/ (.)
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/i-am-jazz-jaron-seth-bloshinsky-jazz-jennings.52472/ (.)

Last edited:

Real Mutha For Ya

Sweet Belinda, the peasants call her the goddess
kiwifarms.net
I wouldn’t want major Troon characters to accidentally cross over into “sideshow” or “hideous”
There are also posts in Youtube autism. It just seems a bit unfocused. I’m quite willing to devote a bit of time moderating and gently pursuing Farmers to the right forums/threads.

• Feels
Reactions: 3119967d0c

Nykysnottrans

Repeat after me: I am beautiful.
kiwifarms.net
Disagree with the suggested merger because Trannie Social Media Sideshows is more about trannie drama and lulz in the social media, whereas the Most Repulsive Trannie thread is just pictures of hideous looking trannies with no context or background. I would suggest warning people to not cross-post the pictures of repulsive trannies into Trannie Social Media Sideshows so that there is less crossover between the two.

ConcernedAnon

Concerned and hopefully anonymous
kiwifarms.net
I have to admit that the deadness of the repulsive tranny thread might justify a merge, but the purposes of the two threads are quite different. There's a lot of "here's my 300 page thesis about why trannies are MEN and BAD" type sperging in the tranny sideshow thread, but comparatively little in the repulsive tranny thread. On the other hand, the repulsive tranny thread (may god rest it's soul) is mostly lighthearted jabs at retards being and looking like retards.

Tfw you are of simple mind and just want funny faces; instead you get a chick on a bender (:_(

Last edited:

Stephanie Bustcakes

Just giving out boners for free.
kiwifarms.net
I say keep them separate. The most physically repulsive tranny thread is supposed to be just pictures of the most ugly trannies you can find (although some posters seem to have forgotten this and are now just posting pictures of any tranny they can, even if they're not particularly ugly.) I don't want to read essays, I just want to lol.

Spooky Bones

sperge 🦴 and 🦴 merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Please don't do this. As @ConcernedAnon and @Stephanie Bustcakes say, this coming from someone who's currently trying to slog through the sideshows thread to read the "essays" and interesting content rather than lol at uggos, I don't want it contaminated with the ugly tranny thread. The tranny sideshows thread is more about their behavior and the content they produce and discussion thereof, i.e. it's more of a classic lolcow discussion thread but a low-key one, not just a place to point at ugly non-passing troons (although that happens too. Like the whole thread it comes in waves of different stuff over time, e.g. originally it started out as a troon reddit thread.)

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd say keep 'em separate but delineate them more. There's a lot of crossover between troon news, troon sideshows, most repulsive troon and troon deep thoughts, and each thread has a different purpose. But then, I thought most repulsive troon was just people discussing which troon with a thread was the most disgusting, not just a general repository for ugly internet troons.

I feel like a lot of the sideshow thread should end up in the transgender discussion thread; the overlap with the troon news thread is more understandable, but the sideshow thread is, as its name suggests, for pointing and laughing rather than paragraphs of enraged LGBT ranting.

Keep News focussed on articles, Sideshow focussed on random hot messes online and off, Repulsive focussed on photos without necessarily having context, and Discussion for deep thoughts about the human condition, the nature of gender, etc.

Norman B. Normal

I probably shouldn't be here.
kiwifarms.net
If anything, the two should be driven farther apart. I go to the sideshow thread to see classic troon spergouts, not "here are several random pictures of funny looking trannies ha ha." Those posts should be punted to the repulsive thread with extreme prejudice.

• Agree
Reactions: Spooky Bones

ConcernedAnon

Concerned and hopefully anonymous
kiwifarms.net
I'd say keep 'em separate but delineate them more. There's a lot of crossover between troon news, troon sideshows, most repulsive troon and troon deep thoughts, and each thread has a different purpose. But then, I thought most repulsive troon was just people discussing which troon with a thread was the most disgusting, not just a general repository for ugly internet troons.

I feel like a lot of the sideshow thread should end up in the transgender discussion thread; the overlap with the troon news thread is more understandable, but the sideshow thread is, as its name suggests, for pointing and laughing rather than paragraphs of enraged LGBT ranting.

Keep News focussed on articles, Sideshow focussed on random hot messes online and off, Repulsive focussed on photos without necessarily having context, and Discussion for deep thoughts about the human condition, the nature of gender, etc.
100% this. It's not so much the discussions of individual troon behavior that are a problem, but rather the tendency for people to post their deep thots about troonery as a phenomenon in the tranny social media thread. Better separating them would be a boon for people who actually want to read essays too.

Really it'd all be so much less tedious if the essay posters had anything original to say, but it's usually the same 5 fair but stale takes about troon psychology over and over again. Like, we get it; they're insane perverts, that's kind of the point so please stop reposting your singular thought every page 😩
Tbft this is a general issue that plagues every community watch thread to some degree

Tags
None