Inactive Amanda/Amelia Baggs / witharoundsmoothstone / ballastexistenz - moonfaced malingering autistic "activist"/SJW

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasscat

picture a cat that is also a bumblebee
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Meet Amanda Baggs, known as witharoundsmoothstone on tumblr (archived here. She's a 35 year old self-described "ex-gifted" low functioning, (usually) non-verbal autist with a list of maladies longer than the length of my entire body. According to this blog (archived here), the purpose of which seems to be to not only to call out Baggs's malingering (and is incredibly well researched, so shout out to whoever wrote it), but also warn people of her shitty behavior, she may not have any mental illnesses at all, except a ton of drug use while she was in school.

She's also super proud of her feeding tube, to the point of saying she's "in love with it":

Her selfies tag, for any braver than I.

Her SJW/"activist" tendencies have even garnered her enough notoriety to get her own wikipedia page, which is here (archived here), and leads to another one of her other blogs, which while updated infrequently, is slightly less...weird than her tumblr. (Archived here.)

To drive home just how batty and SJW-y she is, in one of her more recent tumblr posts, she complained about people perceiving her as crazy because of her hairstyle.

I'll let that sink in.

In any case, this broad is like the Proto-SJW. Seriously, she's like the blueprint that current SJW cows follow without even knowing it. She's super sanctimonious, and is as so en vogue, refuses to label herself as an ESS JAY DOUBLEYOU, even though she clearly is one. Here's a brief breakdown/timeline of her madness:​
  • In 1995, Baggs claimed to have DID (then commonly referred to as Multiple Personality Disorder).​
  • In 1996, Baggs claimed to have Schizophrenia.​
  • In 2000, Baggs began to claim to have low-functioning (often non-verbal, although she could and did communicate via text) autism.​
  • In 2007, Baggs hops on that sweet, sweet YouTube attention train, making videos about her spergery, and proceeded to get CNN's attention--they ended up producing both written and broadcast segments on Amanda Baggs and her ~super inspiring struggle~ as a low functioning sperg.​
  • Then, in 2007, some of Baggs's old classmates come forward, saying "what the blue fuck is this nonsense, this bitch is faking, she went insane after doing A LOT of acid (no, really).​
  • Since then, she's been labelled as some bullshit ~autism rights activist~ up in Vermont with her partner.​
In additions to the claims made above, she's also claimed to have self-harmed, suffered from Bi-Polar Disorder, Schizoaffective Disorder, PTSD, depression, and was also a victim of sexual abuse by two family members. She's also claimed that the first time she was IQ tested, she scored 160 (although in other part of her tumblr she says 135, or 135-160 range...), then years later, she tested at 85--over a 75 point drop. Now, the discussion over the validity of IQ tests as a marker of intelligence is a whole other topic that I don't want to get into, but regardless...this woman is just not all there.

And, again, shout out to whoever runs the Abaggs blogspot: it was a great resource when I was typing up the thread, because it has correspondence from her former classmates and professors, so it really sheds light on this bizarre person.

And lastly, because what's a tumblr cow without one...her extensive list of amazon wishlists.

(And, just to get it out of the way--as far as I know--yes, she is a cis woman.)
she also writes really shitty poetry.

also please be nice, this is my first thread <3

edited to fix a typo

Eulogy: “Everyone’s death is their own.”

Last edited by a moderator:

APerson

Official Lolcattle Abductor
kiwifarms.net

Meet Amanda Baggs, known as witharoundsmoothstone on tumblr (archived here. She's a 35 year old self-described "ex-gifted" low functioning, (usually) non-verbal autist with a list of maladies longer than the length of my entire body. According to this blog (archived here), the purpose of which seems to be to not only to call out Baggs's malingering (and is incredibly well researched, so shout out to whoever wrote it), but also warn people of her shitty behavior.

She's also super proud of her feeding tube, to the point of saying she's "in love with it":

Her selfies tag, for any braver than I.

Her SJW/"activist" tendencies have even garnered her enough notoriety to get her own wikipedia page, which is here (archived here), and leads to another one of her other blogs, which while updated infrequently, is slightly less...weird than her tumblr. (Archived here.)

To drive home just how batty and SJW-y she is, in one of her more recent tumblr posts, she complained about people perceiving her as crazy because of her hairstyle.

I'll let that sink in.

In any case, this broad is like the Proto-SJW. Seriously, she's like the blueprint that current SJW cows follow without even knowing it. She's super sanctimonious, and is as so en vogue, refuses to label herself as an ESS JAY DOUBLEYOU, even though she clearly is one. Here's a brief breakdown/timeline of her madness:​
  • In 1995, Baggs claimed to have DID (then commonly referred to as Multiple Personality Disorder).​
  • In 1996, Baggs claimed to have Schizophrenia.​
  • In 2000, Baggs began to claim to have low-functioning (often non-verbal, although she could and did communicate via text) autism.​
  • In 2007, Baggs hops on that sweet, sweet YouTube attention train, making videos about her spergery, and proceeded to get CNN's attention--they ended up producing both written and broadcast segments on Amanda Baggs and her ~super inspiring struggle~ as a low functioning sperg.​
  • Then, in 2007, some of Baggs's old classmates come forward, saying "what the blue fuck is this nonsense, this bitch is faking, she went insane after doing A LOT of acid (no, really).​
  • Since then, she's been labelled as some bullshit ~autism rights activist~ up in Vermont with her partner.​
In additions to the claims made above, she's also claimed to have self-harmed, suffered from Bi-Polar Disorder, Schizoaffective Disorder, PTSD, depression, and was also a victim of sexual abuse by two family members. She's also claimed that the first time she was IQ tested, she scored 160 (although in other part of her tumblr she says 135, or 135-160 range...), then years later, she tested at 85--over a 75 point drop. Now, the discussion over the validity of IQ tests as a marker of intelligence is a whole other topic that I don't want to get into, but regardless...this woman is just not all there.

And, again, shout out to whoever runs the Abaggs blogspot: it was a great resource when I was typing up the thread, because it has correspondence from her former classmates and professors, so it really sheds light on this bizarre person.

And lastly, because what's a tumblr cow without one...her extensive list of amazon wishlists.

(And, just to get it out of the way--as far as I know--yes, she is a cis woman.)
she also writes really shitty poetry.

also please be nice, this is my first thread <3
She claimed to have an IQ smarter than 99.9968313965% of the population which dropped to one less intelligent than 84.1344740241%? How plausible.
Also, selfie--dear god.
Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 8.56.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 8.55.54 AM.png

But you didn't listen, did you?

Red

I screwed up my future by becoming a lolcow.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also this ladies dad is dead and half her tumblr is about her wearing his shirts and smelling them and stuff, it's strange.
Into daddy dom then, eh?
Can you post some caps of this? That sounds amazingly surreal.

• Semper Fidelis
Reactions: cumrobbery

Durable Mike Malloy

Fine &/or dandy.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wow... What a wild ride. Is she fairly popular on Tumblr? She seems like she ticks off all the marks when it comes to Tumblrinas. Also, why does she need a feeding tube?
Her tumblr presence is something of a holdover from an earlier era. I'm not sure she's currently all that popular - at least, her tumblr updates receive very few notes compared to the active and extensive comments sections on her older blog posts. She rose to prominence on wordpress, where her long, coherent and often thoughtful musings gave many people false hope for the potential of unlocking communication with their low-functioning loved ones. When her story fell apart under scrutiny, she lost a lot of friends and supporters who felt cruelly duped.

It's not uncommon for people diagnosed with chronic illnesses to lose social support in the aftermath, so - surprise! - these revelations coincided with a health crash on Amanda's part. It wasn't her lies that drove people away, you see - it's that all her supposed friends were ableist shitlords. She has gone on to repeatedly claim that causing her stress is a form of assault.

She had both a G-tube and J-tube placed due to gastroparesis, apparently. These interventions are indicated when patients suffer repeated hospital admissions, are unable function productively at work, become homebound due to nausea and vomiting, or are unable to keep hydrated. Small wonder many malingerers end up with feeding tubes.

Alberto Balsalm

No Xmas for John Quays
kiwifarms.net
You sure this is a she? "her" facial hair kinda makes it looks like "she"'s a "he", in addition to "her" unfortunately looks like a male looks.
PCOS can cause women to grow facial hair, and packing on all those pounds tends to obfuscate gender. (This is probably at least in part why she identifies as "genderqueer".) Since we have quite a few accounts from people who knew her before all this bullshit, we'd probably have heard already if she was a he.

Also Jesus I can't get over how her chin looks like an inverted armpit.

Status
Not open for further replies.