Inactive Amanda/Amelia Baggs / witharoundsmoothstone / ballastexistenz - moonfaced malingering autistic "activist"/SJW

Status
Not open for further replies.

JYBlowsIt

stop
kiwifarms.net
Interested in whether we'll find out details about the cause of death.

Interestingly, she recently discussed being raped as a child in this blog post (archive). From the post and what we've heard previously, it looks like she was raped by both her older brother (whom she refers to as "John" in that post) and her grandfather. Given that she's previously claimed everyone in her immediate family was mentally ill, and that we have at least some evidence that her mom was fucked in the head, some things fall into place.

Spending thousands of dollars on fancy inpatient treatment after both your dad and your son raped your only daughter makes sense. I imagine there's a whole lot of guilt there, which would only be compounded by the mental illnesses of everyone involved, and the fact that by all accounts, Amanda was very gifted and had great potential. Too bad the men in her family kept fucking her.

I wonder if her death was a complete surprise or if she was reflecting back on the abuse because she knew she was dying.

Devoting your life to being as ugly as possible makes sense when you think about a child being sexually abused by two of the four men in her life. It looks like she was raped by the brother right before being shipped off to college at 14, right before the drug use. After the ensuing breakdown, she had the love/attention/care of her mom, healthcare workers, etc. and didn't have to hold herself to the standards she was previously being held to. Staying "sick" probably looks like a pretty good option to a kid in that situation.

She was used to being the smartest kid at school. She probably wanted to be the sickest kid in the hospital, too. It truly is an incredibly sad story. Abused as a child and neglected by her family, she devoted the rest of her life to pretending to be sick enough to be taken care of. I wonder how much of her intelligence she retained, and how much was truly lost due to drug use/mental illness/whatever the fuck happened to her. Being super intelligent and completely cognizant of what she was doing seems like it would be its own special hell.

I hope her cats will be looked after.
Rest in peace, Amanda.

Holy cow, that makes a lot of sense. I wonder if she saw the people claiming she was faking it as an extension of her abusers? She finally was able to do something about abuse, perceived or real, and took the opportunity to do so.

A Detachable Penis

kiwifarms.net
Shanndog will pop in when they get to it. They live in some disability housing that Mel Baggs was in.

All I have to add is that it seems that Mel was in the hospital right before this death announcement.

Screenshot_20200414-142716_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200414-142745_Chrome.jpg

DrainRedRain

fuck this
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whatever disease released Amanda from her mangled mortal coil, it must have been something very quick and unexpected, otherwise we would've seen a no ending stream of bad poems and walls of text about it. I don't think she died of COVID-19 or some chronic stuff she might have had. My best bet is on something bacteria-related, more exact in her intestinal tubes. Bacteria and sepsis can kill you real fast without you even getting the chance of putting two and two together and be able to understand what's going on, especially if you're batshit crazy with a brain washed down in acid and live in absolute squalor.

AnOminous

とても可愛い
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Whatever disease released Amanda from her mangled mortal coil, it must have been something very quick and unexpected, otherwise we would've seen a no ending stream of bad poems and walls of text about it. I don't think she died of COVID-19 or some chronic stuff she might have had. My best bet is on something bacteria-related, more exact in her intestinal tubes. Bacteria and sepsis can kill you real fast without you even getting the chance of putting two and two together and be able to understand what's going on, especially if you're batshit crazy with a brain washed down in acid and live in absolute squalor.

She said something about osteoporosis and taking a fall so possibly she ended up in the hospital, ended up getting an infection in the hospital (or already had one) and rapidly went septic.

Francis E. Dec Esc.

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I always thought Amanda would leave the con one day. Are we positive her death is 100% legitimate?

I can't believe how she wasted her life. Pretending for years to be a severely handicapped person with non-verbal Autism, then Schizophrenia, then some other disease dujour.

Did she ever claim to have DID? That seems to be the trendy mental illness nowadays. I'd be surprised if she didn't try to hop on that bandwagon before she croaked.

Between her in Vermont, the diaper guy in Manchester, NH, and Robert Robinson in Maine, New England just can't catch a break.

BOLDYSPICY!

My favorite anime is Don’t Starve
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Interested in whether we'll find out details about the cause of death.

Interestingly, she recently discussed being raped as a child in this blog post (archive). From the post and what we've heard previously, it looks like she was raped by both her older brother (whom she refers to as "John" in that post) and her grandfather. Given that she's previously claimed everyone in her immediate family was mentally ill, and that we have at least some evidence that her mom was fucked in the head, some things fall into place.

Spending thousands of dollars on fancy inpatient treatment after both your dad and your son raped your only daughter makes sense. I imagine there's a whole lot of guilt there, which would only be compounded by the mental illnesses of everyone involved, and the fact that by all accounts, Amanda was very gifted and had great potential. Too bad the men in her family kept fucking her.

I wonder if her death was a complete surprise or if she was reflecting back on the abuse because she knew she was dying.

Devoting your life to being as ugly as possible makes sense when you think about a child being sexually abused by two of the four men in her life. It looks like she was raped by the brother right before being shipped off to college at 14, right before the drug use. After the ensuing breakdown, she had the love/attention/care of her mom, healthcare workers, etc. and didn't have to hold herself to the standards she was previously being held to. Staying "sick" probably looks like a pretty good option to a kid in that situation.

She was used to being the smartest kid at school. She probably wanted to be the sickest kid in the hospital, too. It truly is an incredibly sad story. Abused as a child and neglected by her family, she devoted the rest of her life to pretending to be sick enough to be taken care of. I wonder how much of her intelligence she retained, and how much was truly lost due to drug use/mental illness/whatever the fuck happened to her. Being super intelligent and completely cognizant of what she was doing seems like it would be its own special hell.

I hope her cats will be looked after.
Rest in peace, Amanda.
I was going to say "good riddance," as I typically do when a munchie stops abusing resources purposely, but now I feel kinda bad.

one_time_user

liar. obviously
kiwifarms.net
I have a reawakened morbid interest in an explanation about her breasts. did she get them removed? I said earlier in the thread she had uncomfortably enormous breasts (and the lying down photo in the above link shows one breast larger than her head) but sometimes she had smaller breasts (and the same above link has a photo of her in a caption tshirt with FAR smaller breasts). boobs don't work like that. did she bind? that would really fuck with and contribute to breathing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.