Inactive Amanda/Amelia Baggs / witharoundsmoothstone / ballastexistenz - moonfaced malingering autistic "activist"/SJW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanndog

kiwifarms.net
She had the tea spilled on her a couple of times. I think around the time the CNN stuff people were coming forward and saying ''I knew her, she was never disabled''.

In terms of ''wrong planet''- while there are legit Autistic's on that site it has always been a hub for those with interpersonal problems who self identify with some of the social impairment aspects of Autism and self diagnose themselves with it. Many are no more Autistic than Amanda. I think a lot of people with a personality disorder go towards the Autism label as a sort of comfort. That way they can believe they ''born that way'' and don't have to change anything.
--YES thank you, it has always pissed me off that wrong planet, autreat ( fuckin' dictator run cult ) and similar groups would allow folks who '' identified'' or self DX'd themselves as autistic or similar disabled.

definiately, shes been called out several times hence all the name changes online as well as in person, nightsong slient meow, and more, plus mel, amelia voicy, ect. ect. but the main calling out came during 2007--2010 after she became aahaha '''famous on da internets''
:)

Here's Her Royal Highness walking the palace grounds. You betta werk, bitch!

ooh yes, i remember seeing this vid around 2006 , 2007, yeah she was of course able to go set up the camera by herself and film herself walking all sped like, i mean come on, who'd agree to '' hey can you do me a favor''?... sure what can i do..? ...''' can you take a short video of my walking, so i can practice my sped-tard walk '''? .. lol yeah, no,

you can tell she set the camera down turned it on, walked around it and came into frame on the sidewalk,

--- and seeing that, and her scooting around in the manual wheelchair on vids and tv, then when i met her, she was laid up in bed and being weaited on hand and foot by helper aides while she type and grunted at them.

Sweetpeaa

kiwifarms.net

I remember going to the Zoo years back and there was an outing for developmentally disabled adults, many with Down Syndrome walking around the grounds holding hands. Many of them walked just like that. Exactly.

Amanda went on '' retreats'' for disabled people. My guess is that she studied the movement and behavior of all sorts of these people in order to imitate them.

Shanndog

kiwifarms.net
I remember going to the Zoo years back and there was an outing for developmentally disabled adults, many with Down Syndrome walking around the grounds holding hands. Many of them walked just like that. Exactly.

Amanda went on '' retreats'' for disabled people. My guess is that she studied the movement and behavior of all sorts of these people in order to imitate them.
i agree 100 percent in fact i saw her, take traits of disabled people, including me and make them hers, i made note and explained some of that in this blog in earlier posts, yeah.... she was beyond nuts ! to put it nicely lol f'n pcycho

DrainRedRain

Autoandrogynephile
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
See, this is the thing that creeped me the most about her. Ok, her appearance and mannerisms were fucking off the charts freaky, but something about a perfect mentally capable person observing the movements of true mental illness patients with the end goal of mimicking them for personal gain is just too much, man. She just infiltrated those spaces and made herself one of them, but all the time she was sitting there, she was actually analyzing and plotting her next steps.

And the damn thing is that nobody could tell by just looking at her. She made herself so weird looking that nobody dared to second guess her ''illness'', because as someone already said, she fucking LOOKED it.

Plastic Inevitable

Actually not a TERF
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I did it, I did it (kind of)! I am so mad at myself, I was unprepared. I went up to get lunch at the grocery store and am standing in line to pay and... there's Amanda. She was with either a friend or a caretaker that gave her a ride. It was about 4 checkout lanes over so short of leapfrogging over the lanes I had to wait for her to exit to get video. And I did- of the back of her head and body with maybe a little bit of profile. Nothing up close. As soon as I edit my co-worker out of the video I will upload it- NOT because you will look at it and say 'hey, that's fantastic video of Amanda' but so you can see I'm not full of shit. I bet in the profile part if you blew it up by 100 you would see her beard floating gently in the breeze.

Also- she VERY clearly spoke to the cashier. And wrote a check (I think about the check part, but, it sure looked like it. She may have just been writing a note to herself. But, she was clearly writing something).

Does the 'upload a file' not work?

Ok, well, I uploaded it to Vimeo. Again, I was unprepared and it's more of a 'in good faith' video than a beauty shot (so to speak).
:story:

See, this is the thing that creeped me the most about her. Ok, her appearance and mannerisms were fucking off the charts freaky, but something about a perfect mentally capable person observing the movements of true mental illness patients with the end goal of mimicking them for personal gain is just too much, man. She just infiltrated those spaces and made herself one of them, but all the time she was sitting there, she was actually analyzing and plotting her next steps.

And the damn thing is that nobody could tell by just looking at her. She made herself so weird looking that nobody dared to second guess her ''illness'', because as someone already said, she fucking LOOKED it.
Yeah, it was the look thing that I believe really sold most people. Most people, for obvious reasons, would look at her and think "She must really be disabled because who would willingly choose to look like that?" This is one of the main things that seems to separate munchies from people with actual chronic conditions (although as I said before, even legitimately disabled people can be munchies).

Most people with chronic conditions don't want to be known only for their conditions. They usually try to lead as normal a life as possible while making whatever adjustments they need to in order to accommodate their illness. They generally don't just start sperging about "muh conditions" to anyone within earshot and hate being seen as a bother. And even if their disability is invisible, they don't feel the need to keep "proving" the diagnosis to the world.

Amanda and her ilk don't get satisfaction out of simply claiming an illness; they have to actually MAKE themselves ill and/or at least look convincingly so to prove it. They play on both the kneejerk sympathy of many people when they see someone with an obvious disability as well as some people's reluctance to outright challenge the claims of an "oppressed minority". They don't get or care that people who really do suffer from those diseases don't have the luxury of putting it down and doing something else when the going gets tough. It's merely a sick game where the goal is sympathy at any cost, even your own life. Not to mention the life of an actual disabled individual when munchies waste the resources and time of the already over-burdened healthcare system.

Amanda was never really looking to help autistic people. She just wanted to play one for attention. If some other disorder had helped her gain that attention before she discovered autism, she would have used that one instead. But she would never not have been an attention whore regardless of what means she used to achieve it.

Last edited:

Shanndog

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, it was the look thing that I believe really sold most people. Most people, for obvious reasons, would look at her and think "She must really be disabled because who would willingly choose to look like that?" This is one of the main things that seems to separate munchies from people with actual chronic conditions (although as I said before, even legitimately disabled people can be munchies).

Most people with chronic conditions don't want to be known only for their conditions. They usually try to lead as normal a life as possible while making whatever adjustments they need to in order to accommodate their illness. They generally don't just start sperging about "muh conditions" to anyone within earshot and hate being seen as a bother. And even if their disability is invisible, they don't feel the need to keep "proving" the diagnosis to the world.

Amanda and her ilk don't get satisfaction out of simply claiming an illness; they have to actually MAKE themselves ill and/or at least look convincingly so to prove it. They play on both the kneejerk sympathy of many people when they see someone with an obvious disability as well as some people's reluctance to outright challenge the claims of an "oppressed minority". They don't get or care that people who really do suffer from those diseases don't have the luxury of putting it down and doing something else when the going gets tough. It's merely a sick game where the goal is sympathy at any cost, even your own life. Not to mention the life of an actual disabled individual when munchies waste the resources and time of the already over-burdened healthcare system.

Amanda was never really looking to help autistic people. She just wanted to play one for attention. If some other disorder had helped her gain that attention before she discovered autism, she would have used that one instead. But she would never not have been an attention whore regardless of what means she used to achieve it.
very true, and yes amanda has ''tried on'' other illness and disability costumes, she was claiming schizophrenia before the 'tism. ironically though, she very likely is somewhere on the SZ spectrum , and she was later diagnosed along those lines at one time. but early on, she was claiming this and other mental health issues, and she supposedly apologized to a group forum where she was posing in and misleading people in.

LetThemEatCake

kiwifarms.net
wiki said:
Baggs claimed that augmentative communication is somewhat common among autistic individuals, though they also supported the use of facilitated communication and other scientifically discredited alternative therapies.[20] Baggs claimed to use FC, and that Fey, their cat, was their best facilitator as Fey moved their limbs around.[21]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Baggs#cite_note-Fey-21

Wtf. How did I miss this truly amazingly brazen munchcow?

Longcat

Feline of Extraordinary Length
kiwifarms.net
Does autism somehow prevent the person from exercising or eating healthy? I mean, you are autistic, alright. Instead of rocking back and forth or playing with some object ... why don't you lift some 5kg weights or jog around the block 20 times.
Motor skills can be affected by autism and related conditions, and some people with said conditions, particularly the low functioning ones, can be very uncoordinated and find it hard to move around. Add to that sensory issues with certain flavours/textures of food and obesity is definitely an issue.

Though Amanda here claimed to have a feeding tube, I wouldn't doubt that she stuffed her face when nobody was looking, and sat on her arse all day as she claimed multiple profound illnesses, and I'm pretty sure something impacting movement was on the list. She's like a real life Andy Pipkin from Little Britain - faking disability as an excuse to be as lazy and slovenly as possible.

So that's everything Baggs says she has at the moment. It took three screen caps to get everything. So. There. But in typical Tumblr fashion she also has PTSD
I knew I'd seen a list of her "illnesses" somewhere. Notice in typical munchie fashion, nearly everything on here is a subjective diagnosis such as neck pain that no one can really prove or disprove. This was from 2016.

Here's a list of her illness from the Amanda Baggs Controversy page circa July 2007:

Irlen syndrome
Synaesthesia
Sequencing issues
Proprioceptive problems
meaning-blindness
meaning-deafness
movement disorder
Eye-tracking issues
Trouble walking
Hypermobility
Lost speech in infancy
Echolalia
Receptive language problems
oral problems.
Reflux.
Constipation,
trouble nursing.
Neuropathic pain of some kind.
Milk allergy, as well as standard allergies to some animals and pollens. Circadian rhythm issues.
OCD
Tourette's happened age 6 or 7
Signs of PTSD starting around that age too
depression (the depression only ended in the past few years).
Head banging started at age 6 or 7
Complex-partial seizure disorder
sexually abused starting at this age by two adult male relatives
Parkinsons-like movement disorder began starting at this same age
being sexually abused in adolescence.
Complex PTSD in reaction to institutional settings in adolescence.
migraine headaches
asthma trouble in adulthood
TMJ trouble in adulthood (from "defects" in my jaw/skull present at birth along with other mouth anomalies)
Notice how many things are no longer there nine years later. Tourette's (which I've never seen mentioned anywhere else other than this list), Parkinsonism, etc. apparently ceased to exist since by 2013 or so, Amanda had begun to take part in the then-new Muchausen craze of TubeFest™ (a creation of Lazy Rich White Bitches with Internet, Inc.™). Who needs to pretend to "freeze" while walking when you can simply have a tube shoved into your gut and cause infection at your leisure?

Another thing Amanda and nearly all other munchies do is listing symptoms of a single disorder as separate diagnoses in order to appear more disabled. Notice how she lists autism and then proceeds to put "echolalia", "lost speech in infancy", "receptive language problems", etc. All of those are symptoms of classic autism and if she truly had that level of autism, she wouldn't feel the need to mention it because they would be seen as a given. Bitches by lyin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.