Amanda Winn-Lee / amandawinnlee / painkillershopping - IRL Friend of Brianna Wu. Professional Voice Actress. Giant Politisperg. Psychopath.

• ATTENTION: The National Security Administration has made a press release regarding a Windows 10 remote execution exploit that any website can take advantage of. It is one of the worst exploits that has ever been found. Update Windows immediately.

NSA Press Release, "Am I vulnerable?"

The Shadow

Animeanda Jones.
kiwifarms.net
I can confirm the husband is on FB. He seems somewhat normal. Spends time taking care of their son. (He had to change his actor name to Jaxon bc ex-Scientologist Jason Lee)

Troy threw the old actors under the bus for wanting residuals and credit (tho Guy Chihi is a conspiracy theorist antivax nutjob) yet he was one of the main guys in the stupid VA strike. Fucking hypocrite. He used to post on GameFAQs. Threw a hissy fit about retreating to some dark memory playing Joel in TLOU and got mad at other users. (Also ironically a remarried divorcee like Blum and McGlynn)
For as much work as he gets, any baritone off the street could probably fill in for Baker with no one the wiser. I feel that way about most VAs.

Very few have the distinctive "that can only be them" quality that someone like Jim Cummings has.

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The one thing I'm wondering is what happens if Vic is completely and utterly exonerated, every claim against him turns out to be utterly full of crap, and absolute proof is exposed in open court he was the vicious target of an undeserved tarnishment campaign.

I'm sure there will be some diehards who refuse to change their minds even then, but I wonder how the mass majority of idiots doing this knee jerk bullshit will react when they realize they were fed a lot of shit and they fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Whatever happens, comparing their backpedaling to what we recorded here is going to be an entertaining experience I'm sure.

Saladin

*makes gun do a 180*
kiwifarms.net
The one thing I'm wondering is what happens if Vic is completely and utterly exonerated, every claim against him turns out to be utterly full of crap, and absolute proof is exposed in open court he was the vicious target of an undeserved tarnishment campaign.

I'm sure there will be some diehards who refuse to change their minds even then, but I wonder how the mass majority of idiots doing this knee jerk bullshit will react when they realize they were fed a lot of shit and they fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Whatever happens, comparing their backpedaling to what we recorded here is going to be an entertaining experience I'm sure.
Well, this has been going on for a long, long time. 15-ish years, I think. In that time, many different people seemingly unconnected to each other have come forward with similar stories of harassment. I think it’s more likely than not that at least some of the stories are true. Are there fake ones? Undoubtedly. But I don’t think all of them can be written off.

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, this has been going on for a long, long time. 15-ish years, I think. In that time, many different people seemingly unconnected to each other have come forward with similar stories of harassment. I think it’s more likely than not that at least some of the stories are true. Are there fake ones? Undoubtedly. But I don’t think all of them can be written off.
I get that, where there is that much smoke, the possibility of at least an ember of a fire exists.

I just hope this debacle being dragged into court either proves that or puts this whole thing to rest.

Saladin

*makes gun do a 180*
kiwifarms.net
I get that, where there is that much smoke, the possibility of at least an ember of a fire exists.

I just hope this debacle being dragged into court either proves that or puts this whole thing to rest.
Unless he’s found guilty, I doubt it will. A not-guilty verdict wouldn’t mean he didn’t do it, it’s just mean that he isn’t able to be convicted of doing it. There’s also the fact that he’s been accused of things that are creepy/mean for sure, but not outright illegal (like my story, or the stories of him being a jerk to con staff).

I dunno. Seeing this shitstorm doesn’t really bring me any joy. It’s kind of depressing, actually, because I used to love Vic’s work. His role in Persona 3 meant a lot to me.

Captain Manning

I used to live there, you know.
kiwifarms.net
Unless he’s found guilty, I doubt it will. A not-guilty verdict wouldn’t mean he didn’t do it, it’s just mean that he isn’t able to be convicted of doing it.
He's not facing a criminal trial. There will be no guilty or not guilty.

What there will (possibility) be is a determination (as part of a civil trial, where he's plaintiff) whether any of the key players who accused him off stuff can actually back up their accusations. While this won't exonerate him in the eyes of everybody, it could potentially give pause to people who want to just vomit defamatory shit up on Twitter and think they're free from consequences. Which is good enough for me.

I don't want to backseat moderate, but I'll simply point out there is literally a 300+ page thread going on about this now, BTW.

Megaroad

Space Adventure
kiwifarms.net
Out of curiosity I looked up her wiki to see if there's any roles she did besides Rei, Heather and Yukiko and am surprised those were her only major roles. Mostly bit parts.

• Agree
Reactions: Jaimas

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because of her obvious defamatory comments, do you think she will receive a thick vanilla folder from The Beard?

GeePee

kiwifarms.net
Out of curiosity I looked up her wiki to see if there's any roles she did besides Rei, Heather and Yukiko and am surprised those were her only major roles. Mostly bit parts.
she did lots of main roles in the ADV dubs of the 90's(she was,in fact,the main lead and debuted as a voice-actress on ADV's first anime they ever dubbed:biggrin:evil Hunter Yohko).Then she moved out to LA and most of her notable roles were in games(I recall she was the first voice of Etna in the original Disgaea game for the PS2,but was replaced by Michelle Ruff for every other appearance after that.)
Little trivia:both she and her husband were the main leads(and couple!)in Blue Seed.When they dubbed the OVA sequel,both had moved out and were replaced,and she was replaced by...Monica Rial!

Last edited:

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
she did lots of main roles in the ADV dubs of the 90's(she was,in fact,the main lead and debuted as a voice-actress on ADV's first anime they ever dubbed:biggrin:evil Hunter Yohko).Then she moved out to LA and most of her notable roles were in games(I recall she was the first voice of Etna in the original Disgaea game for the PS2,but was replaced by Michelle Ruff for every other appearance after that.)
Little trivia:both she and her husband were the main leads(and couple!)in Blue Seed.When they dubbed the OVA sequel,both had moved out and were replaced,and she was replaced by...Monica Rial!
Oh, the irony.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr._Blonde

Captain Manning

kiwifarms.net
So I actually talked to my old ACEN contact, and he refreshed my memory about what went down with Amanda Winn Lee in 1999. I wasn't there for this. I think ACEN 2000 was my first one, and I vaguely recalled him telling me about these incidences.

I'm not gonna name my contact. It's not important. I know plenty of people who probably know about this and could have told me the same thing.

Apparently, what happened was that she helped lead some sort of raid on the con's liquor supply (which was kept in the green room for guests) the night before the con was supposed to begin. This meant that no liquor was on hand for guests for the rest of the con. She, of course, consumed quite a bit of it.

The even BIGGER issue was "the PenPen incident." Best part about this is some video has survived. I apologize for the quality, but this was a REALLY old Quicktime video he sent me that I converted to MP4.

While this seems funny, the apparent issue was that Yuji Moriyama (key animator for the EoE movie) was in the audience with his wife and small children. After that video cuts off, and the PenPen dance ends, she jumps back up on stage and says ""If you thought I was going to behave because my husband is here, you were WRONG!" Also, while this was going on, and everybody was distracted, people broke into the Dealer's Hall and stole several thousand dollars worth of merchandise,

I might have more information. Apparently ACEN 99 was a clusterfuck, and AML was some part of that.

The end result of all this is that AML was either banned outright from ACEN, or a decision was made to NOT invite her anymore, and news got around to other cons. This is why her convention history is actually kinda lightweight.

Last edited:

Captain Manning

kiwifarms.net
.....So basically, her entire reason for going after Vic is jealousy and projection.
Yes. She's beyond irrelevant in anime now.

And, unlike Vic, she's absolutely acted inappropriately and there's actual video evidence of it.

I'm surprised Gainax didn't cut ties with her as soon as that video came out.
See, that's the thing. This might have actually played a role in the fact she was NEVER recast in anything Eva-related after EoE. She directed the atrocious EoE dub in 2002, so it's not a slam dunk, but as soon as they reset everything, and rebuilt the English dub cast from the ground up, she wasn't re-invited. Allison Keith got to reprise the Misato role in the rebuild movies.

I Love Beef

WHEN I GROW UP, I'M GOING TO BOVINE UNIVERSITY
kiwifarms.net
Also, while this was going on, and everybody was distracted, people broke into the Dealer's Hall and stole several thousand dollars worth of merchandise.
WHAT THE FUCKKKKKK

I'm sure that those days weren't exactly the massive numbers we see today regarding conventions, but was everyone just crammed into the main hall at that time? Was there just no security that random people off of the street could just break into the Dealer's Room?

damian

Not *cough* Zack.
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I actually talked to my old ACEN contact, and he refreshed my memory about what went down with Amanda Winn Lee in 1999. I wasn't there for this. I think ACEN 2000 was my first one, and I vaguely recalled him telling me about these incidences.

I'm not gonna name my contract. It's not important. I know plenty of people who probably know about this and could have told me the same thing.

Apparently, what happened was that she helped lead some sort of raid on the con's liquor supply (which was kept in the green room for guests) the night before the con was supposed to begin. This meant that no liquor was on hand for guests for the rest of the con. She, of course, consumed quite a bit of it.

The even BIGGER issue was "the PenPen incident." Best part about this is some video has survived. I apologize for the quality, but this was a REALLY old Quicktime video he sent me that I converted to MP4.

While this seems funny, the apparent issue was that Yuji Moriyama (key animator for the EoE movie) was in the audience with his wife and small children. After that video cuts off, and the PenPen dance ends, she jumps back up on stage and says ""If you thought I was going to behave because my husband is here, you were WRONG!" Also, while this was going on, and everybody was distracted, people broke into the Dealer's Hall and stole several thousand dollars worth of merchandise,

I might have more information. Apparently ACEN 99 was a clusterfuck, and AML was some part of that.

The end result of all this is that AML was either banned outright from ACEN, or a decision was made to NOT invite her anymore, and news got around to other cons. This is why her convention history is actually kinda lightweight.

View attachment 703147
This is disgusting behavior, she sexually harassed that penguin and no one stopped her. Even worse you can hear people cheering it on. We truly do live in a rape culture. #NoMeansNo #PenguinsCantConsent #MeToo

Captain Manning

kiwifarms.net
I'm sure that those days weren't exactly the massive numbers we see today regarding conventions, but was everyone just crammed into the main hall at that time?
This was the masquerade so, yeah, pretty much.

The DH was closed. Security was apparently distracted by this.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino