Culture Amazon Bookstore bans 'Culture of Critique' -

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
Sigh. "SHUT IT DOWN" is supposed to be a meme bandied about Indonesian shrimp fishing forums. Not in actual fact. Casual glance shows some pretty exceptional opinions, but I would not have even given these opinions a casual glance but for this.

To cut a man's tongue out means you fear his words. I am now very curious about what is in these files.

Miles Peterson

kiwifarms.net
What was it about?
From the cache'd version of the amazon page:
"The Culture of Critique was originally published by Praeger in 1998, and reissued in paperback with an extended preface in 2002. The Kindle edition is an expanded version of the 2002 paperback edition, including significant expansions of the material on Jews and the left, the New York Intellectuals, and Neoconservatism. The basic method remains the same: It discusses influential intellectual and political movements that have been spearheaded by people who strongly identified as Jews and who viewed their involvement in these movements as serving Jewish interests. In addition to the new material mentioned above, it focuses on the Boasian school of anthropology, psychoanalysis, leftist political ideology and behavior, the New York Intellectuals, and the Frankfurt School of Social Research. In addition, I describe Jewish efforts to shape United States Immigration policy in opposition to the interests of Americans of non-Jewish European descent. An important thesis is that all of these movements may be seen as attempts to alter Western societies in a manner which would neutralize or end anti-Semitism and provide for Jewish group continuity either in an overt or in a semi-cryptic manner. At a theoretical level, these movements are viewed as the outcome of the fact that Jews and non-Jews have different interests in the construction of culture and in various public policy issues (e.g., immigration policy). "

So....fucked if I know exactly what that means, but I don't think it's actually some stupid "THE JEWS DID IT" conspiracy, just something that sounds a lot like one.

Glad I couldn't help

Now with edge anime avatar
kiwifarms.net
What was it about?
The main thrust of this book's argument is that Jewish or Jewish-dominated organizations and movements engaged in a deliberate campaign to de-legitimize the Gentile culture of their host nations — most particularly the U.S.A. — through the twentieth century, and that this campaign is one aspect of a long-term survival strategy for the Jews as an ethny. In MacDonald's own words: "[T]he rise of Jewish power and the disestablishment of the specifically European nature of the U.S. are the real topics of CofC." He illustrates his thesis by a close analysis of six distinct intellectual and political phenomena: the anti-Darwinian movement in the social sciences (most particularly the no-such-thing-as-race school of anthropology associated with Franz Boas), the prominence of Jews in left-wing politics, the psychoanalytic movement, the Frankfurt School of social science (which sought to explain social problems in terms of individual psychopathology), the "New York intellectuals" centered on Partisan Review during the 1940s and 1950s, and Jewish involvement in shaping U.S. immigration policy.
From John Derbyshire's review, with responses.

Even if you think the book is complete garbage, having unaccountable private for-profit censors is really bad.

Itu aru kamusu tugeza

Ohmori-san? Do it.
kiwifarms.net
"The Culture of Critique was originally published by Praeger in 1998, and reissued in paperback with an extended preface in 2002. The Kindle edition is an expanded version of the 2002 paperback edition, including significant expansions of the material on Jews and the left, the New York Intellectuals, and Neoconservatism. The basic method remains the same: It discusses influential intellectual and political movements that have been spearheaded by people who strongly identified as Jews and who viewed their involvement in these movements as serving Jewish interests. In addition to the new material mentioned above, it focuses on the Boasian school of anthropology, psychoanalysis, leftist political ideology and behavior, the New York Intellectuals, and the Frankfurt School of Social Research. In addition, I describe Jewish efforts to shape United States Immigration policy in opposition to the interests of Americans of non-Jewish European descent. An important thesis is that all of these movements may be seen as attempts to alter Western societies in a manner which would neutralize or end anti-Semitism and provide for Jewish group continuity either in an overt or in a semi-cryptic manner. At a theoretical level, these movements are viewed as the outcome of the fact that Jews and non-Jews have different interests in the construction of culture and in various public policy issues (e.g., immigration policy). "

So....fucked if I know exactly what that means, but I don't think it's actually some stupid "THE JEWS DID IT" conspiracy, just something that sounds a lot like one.
Did the reviews get archived too?

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
it's an interesting read, but the bigger issue here is the idea of the world's largest bookseller banning books for being mean
They go for the low hanging fruit first. "This man literally raped and murder a CHILD! THINK OF THE CHILDREN! We can't just let the moral niceties of due process get in the way! Put your trust in ME! I am Virtuous! I am Just! I can punish the wicked abusers in a way our weak systems could never do. Simply sign here, in blood, to give me this power, and I promise that I will exact justice upon all of society as I see fit. This is not a lie."

"This is a promise."

Ebonic Tutor

"Shitposting at any cost."
kiwifarms.net

It really sounds like it's less about the "THE JEWS DID IT" but is really more about why people think "THE JEWS DID IT"

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino