Culture Amazon Bookstore bans 'Culture of Critique' -

CIA Nigger

"IT'S NOT A FETISH MOM"
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Worth mentioning is his blog post in which he is concerned about financial censorship that intensified once Trump won and warns that everything is going to get worse, while also mentioning that Amazon's rival in the book business Barnes and Noble still carries it.

Considering how the book is still on archive.org and has become a meme at this point it's only going to make more people want to read it.

heathercho

あかんで !
kiwifarms.net
without reading it, i really dont see what the problem is at face value. using religion as a framework for understanding how people get along in society was one of the first major sociological endeavors.
Yeah, but in current year, it's "mean and bigoted" to ask questions.

An example :
People are already debating how "problematic" Margaret Mead's work was. Work that was valued in first wave feminism. Whilst I don't agree 100% with her findings, she proposed an intelligent critique of "primitive" societies and their cultural values. Not only that, she was reasoned and logical in her "The Methodology of Racial Testing: Its Significance for Sociology" paper, in regards to the quotients of racial admixture in relation to intelligence.

She was for all intents and purposes very liberal, but she's basically a bigoted shithead to liberal nutsacks with no experience in how the world works, these days.
Like their standpoint seems to be anything past is racist and bigoted, anything future is perfect and will certainly never be viewed in retrospect as problematic.

I've read this paper/book though. It's offensive but it's a question posed. Asking questions to solve problems is bad.

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
without reading it, i really dont see what the problem is at face value. using religion as a framework for understanding how people get along in society was one of the first major sociological endeavors.
Digging into the authors info at an even cursory level reveals he is a white identitarian and very thinly veiled anti-semite. He doesn't outright cross the line, but he dances on it really hard.

Its neither here nor there though. It is MY right to view the excpetional REEEEEE about "Da Jews" by a galaxy brained individual as just that. an inarticulate REEEEE.

What offends me is that Amazon has decided it has the power, nay, the RIGHT, to think FOR ME. And codify what I am allowed to know or not know. The Slippery slope is not fallacy guys. These authoriatian douch bags want to control you. They know they cannot outright tell you what to do, but they can certainly control what you are allowed to see, and by extension to that, control what you are allowed to think.

Lemmingwise

She is wearing pants.
kiwifarms.net

Attachments

GrungyLawnChlorinate

confirmed hairless and stable
kiwifarms.net
In case anyone was wondering, here's the wikipedia link It's apparently about using evolutionary psychology to dissect why certain groups do things, which is verboten in the new left, and it is specifically critical of the Jews, which is unforgivable that money controls.

I'm honestly surprised they ever sold it at all.
Funny how the headlining criticism onthere under Academic Response is followed by the admission that basically says "I have not read these books I've just criticized, but fuck they're terrible."

Lemmingwise

She is wearing pants.
kiwifarms.net
The purpose of CoC isnt that Jews are evil. The purpose of the book is that their culture of criticizing western society and advocating mass immigration and cultural degeneration is beneficial for Jewish people as a group. No more no less, you draw your conclusions from there.

CoC is not the end all be all on this topic, but it is well researched and important to read, especially as it concerns the Jewish nature of many modern movements (neoconservatism, civil rights, women's rights, communism etc)

BoingBoingBoi

please think responsibly
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
it shouldn't be controversial at all to document the influence of any group on any sort of intellectual or cultural history.

it's not up to amazon to retroactively censor a book (and that is what they're doing) some 20 years after its publication.

if you look at the cherry-picked criticisms on wikipedia, many of them aren't beyond normal critical remarks on scholarly work. i've read harsher book reviews on less controversial subjects.

this is a shameful move by amazon, but i don't know if or how they could be punished given the amount of power they have and just how easily they could package their decision as being one based on upholding community guidelines against hate speech and antisemitism.

would be interesting if there were any possible legal avenues macdonald could pursue.

The Fool

kiwifarms.net
IT'S HAPPENING.
Srs, folks, this is baaaaad news. The choice of a 20 year old text is deliberate, the response is being gauged.
This is, like, universal leftist protocol. Ban things that are decades old, take awards away from people who died decades ago. It's like an infantile attempt to feel a sense of power since they know doing it to anything relevant will invoke actual backlash and break their worldview that other people don't hold different opinions than them.

Recon

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is, like, universal leftist protocol. Ban things that are decades old, take awards away from people who died decades ago. It's like an infantile attempt to feel a sense of power since they know doing it to anything relevant will invoke actual backlash and break their worldview that other people don't hold different opinions than them.
The Nazis operated in the exact same way. One inch at a time.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino