Culture Amazon Bookstore bans 'Culture of Critique' -

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
kiwifarms.net
Worth mentioning is his blog post in which he is concerned about financial censorship that intensified once Trump won and warns that everything is going to get worse, while also mentioning that Amazon's rival in the book business Barnes and Noble still carries it.
Even if it's just to use it as toilet paper, everyone should buy a copy of his book out of principle. It started with censoring Mark Twain and now it's moved on to telling you what books you can and cannot buy. Welcome to the modern book burning.

The Slippery slope is not fallacy guys.
It's a snowball when it's a fallacy, it's a foot in the door when it's happening. And...

Last edited:

Richardo Retardo

Trying my damnedest not to be a massive sperg
kiwifarms.net
The decision to ban a 20 year old book that is basically just a meme on /lit/ is one that makes me most thunkful.
They banned Alexander Dugin's books like 2 years ago. They do this all the time; they're just getting more blatant about it because brain-dead lolbergs will trot out the "But dey're a privat bussiness" line while to defend their own eventual banning or sanitation.

If they banned books on both sides of the scale, that's fine. But it's obvious what's going on. It's almost as obvious as being lead to a "showerblock" and realizing you're in an oven, one might say.
I'd actually say that Amazon, due to it's size, should be required to sell books from the 'extremes' on both sides. These books are mostly print on demand/kindle and it doesn't financially endanger Amazon to have them available on their storefront.

Senior Lexmechanic

Shitposting displeases the Omnissiah
kiwifarms.net
without reading it, i really dont see what the problem is at face value. using religion as a framework for understanding how people get along in society was one of the first major sociological endeavors.
If I had to guess, the problem with it is the fact that it's thesis is "Jews are a parasite culture that deliberately undermine their hosts and contribute nothing of value to society". Even given that; Amazon should just ban Mein Kampf, The Turner Diaries, and The Bell Curve by this measure. Trying to ban "wrong" opinions just makes them seem appealing.

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
To do list:
Buy maga hat, wear everywhere
Buy michael jackson music, even though he's a pedophile, because the sjws are telling me not to
Buy "culture of critique" and probably never read it

What else? What other things are supposed to be verboten now?
The digital blackface of your profile pic. But you are already good to go on that front.

Unog

You're a nog.
kiwifarms.net
If they banned books on both sides of the scale, that's fine. But it's obvious what's going on. It's almost as obvious as being lead to a "showerblock" and realizing you're in an oven, one might say.
I get the sentiment but I'd really rather we just not ban any works of literature, no matter how repugnant or just plain awful (thinking of The Eye of Argon, holy shit is that one bad) they are.

PDF version for download, I guess if Amazon doesn't want people to read it then people should read it- even if they don't believe in the "Jews are controlling everything!" thing.
Thanks, I'll read it next time my shitty I.S.P. fucks up and I have no internet.

The digital blackface of your profile pic. But you are already good to go on that front.
DB squad in the hizzle.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino