Amazon boss Jeff Bezos and wife MacKenzie divorce - That's going to be a nasty divorce settlement.

CIA Nigger

TempleOS Powered Cars
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
https://archive.fo/YYNRI
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos and his wife, MacKenzie, are to divorce after a 25-year marriage.

The pair announced the move in a joint statement on Wednesday on Twitter.

"After a long period of loving exploration and trial separation, we have decided to divorce and continue our shared lives as friends," the couple said in the statement.

Amazon, formed 25 years ago, this week eclipsed Microsoft to become the world's most valuable listed company.

Jeff Bezos, 54, who founded Amazon, is the world's wealthiest man according to the Bloomberg Billionaire Index, with an estimated wealth of $137bn, some $45bn ahead of Bill Gates.

The 48-year-old MacKenzie Bezos is a novelist, the author of The Testing of Luther Albright (2005) and Traps (2013).

"We feel incredibly lucky to have found each other and deeply grateful for every one of the years we have been married to each other," the couple's statement said.

"If we had known we would separate after 25 years, we would do it all again. We've had such a great life together as a married couple and we also see wonderful futures ahead, as parents, friends, partners in ventures and projects, and as individuals pursuing ventures and adventures.

"Though the labels might be different, we remain a family, and we remain cherished friends."

Last year they launched a charity project together, the Day One Fund, with the aim of helping homeless families and building pre-schools in low-income communities.

The couple have four children - three sons, and an adopted daughter.

MacKenzie Bezos told Vogue Magazine in 2013 that the pair had met when he interviewed her for a job at a hedge fund in New York.

They got engaged after three months of dating and married shortly after, in 1993.

One year later he founded Amazon - which began as an online book retailer.

The company has since expanded into an e-commerce giant.

Amazon was worth $797bn (£634bn) when the US stock market closed on Monday, after rising 3.4% and moving past Microsoft, valued at $789bn.

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
If she’s smart and has a good lawyer she’ll get half his stock.

I wonder if this is a result of him being obsessive over running Amazon (no time for family) or his wife wanting to branch out into philanthropy like Melinda Gates and Jeff saying no (he’s not good with giving away money).

Either way he’s going to be fucking a lot of models and actresses soon.

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
If she got half she would be the world's richest woman and the richest novelist.

Would be nice if that's the case...
I honestly think it is, he is building a 10k year clock and his philanthropic endeavors have been building a women’s shelter on his campus (only because they closed one on land they purchased) as well as the Day One fund listed in the article. He’s not been known for philanthropy and tbqh he doesn’t have to be but when you’re the worlds richest man it’s expected plus no one needs his level of net worth.

Beavis

Dilweed
kiwifarms.net
If she’s smart and has a good lawyer she’ll get half his stock.

I wonder if this is a result of him being obsessive over running Amazon (no time for family) or his wife wanting to branch out into philanthropy like Melinda Gates and Jeff saying no (he’s not good with giving away money).

Either way he’s going to be fucking a lot of models and actresses soon.
He was probably already cheating on her.

He's gonna be paying her 50 million dollars a month to have sex with Jamal and Tyrone next door.
If she's looking for a 20 something boy toy I'd like to throw my hat in the ring.

Oh good some random lady is about to become rich for having sex with a dude who accomplished something.

I don't even blame the lady. After a nasty breakup who wouldn't want to steal millions from their ex? I blame the law, this is dumb. If there was some partnership, some agreement, that's one thing, but just being married while someone does something does not entitle you to any of it.

EDIT: And I realize marriage itself is a partnership and an agreement, but not an agreement to share everything and have joint assets.

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
Good God, that'll be one hell of a settlement.

Remember kids, always get a prenup.
No one expected a text based online book store would be the worlds most valuable company in 20 years. Bezos got fucking lucky. He was at the right place at the right time to take this opportunity along with $300k of his parent’s money to fund his venture.

Sword Fighter Super

I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No one expected a text based online book store would be the worlds most valuable company in 20 years. Bezos got fucking lucky. He was at the right place at the right time to take this opportunity along with $300k of his parent’s money to fund his venture.
Even regular dudes should ask for it. It could only help you in the end.

JuanLee

kiwifarms.net
They got married before Amazon was a thing and I'm going to guess she supported the growth of their business in many ways, as well as having 3 kids with him and adopting another with him. Marriage is a partnership and she's entitled to her half in my eyes. In the same way she'd have been entitled to half of fuck all had Amazon failed. Shared risk, shared rewards.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino