Amazon boss Jeff Bezos and wife MacKenzie divorce - That's going to be a nasty divorce settlement.

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
They got married before Amazon was a thing and I'm going to guess she supported the growth of their business in many ways, as well as having 3 kids with him and adopting another with him. Marriage is a partnership and she's entitled to her half in my eyes. In the same way she'd have been entitled to half of fuck all had Amazon failed. Shared risk, shared rewards.
She drove him to work for years (supposedly). They were a family so shared assets is only fare but not just that the last thing we need are to throw women out on the street, penniless if they divorce their spouse.

Not an issue here as she seems to have a career but writing doesn’t make as much as a multi-billion dollar global corporation.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh good some random lady is about to become rich for having sex with a dude who accomplished something.

I don't even blame the lady. After a nasty breakup who wouldn't want to steal millions from their ex? I blame the law, this is dumb. If there was some partnership, some agreement, that's one thing, but just being married while someone does something does not entitle you to any of it.

EDIT: And I realize marriage itself is a partnership and an agreement, but not an agreement to share everything and have joint assets.

People have no idea what the actual division of assets is going to be and are already bitching about it. Not everyone resents a former partner getting a share of the assets which were accumulated during a marriage, especially when it's a long one. The assumptions that 1) she's a gold digger and 2) he's going to want to pay her the minimum possible are pretty cynical.

booklover

kiwifarms.net
Both pales in comparison to just fucking a dude that owns a multi-billion corporation.

Notice how Oprah has never married. She's too savvy.
Oprah pings my gaydar and always has, and I've always though Stedman was her beard.

The only people who knew what happened in the Bezos' marriage are them.

p.s. I am an Amazon 3rd party seller, which is part of the story behind my username. I do quite well at it, too.

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
Both pales in comparison to just fucking a dude that owns a multi-billion corporation.

Notice how Oprah has never married. She's too savvy.
Oprah is a lesbian in a relationship with her BFF who never wanted to admit it for fear of ruining her reputation. Not sure why she hasn’t come out today now that it’s socially accepted.

Again, Mrs. Bezos wasn’t fucking a billionaire 25 years ago. She had 3 kids + adopted a 4th with him, supported him emotionally, probably financially in the early days somewhat. She’s entitled to what he’s gained while they’re married. Plus Bezos is a masochist, he was probably very difficult to be with especially after Amazon became so huge.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb and say she doesn't seem like some kind of harpy who will try to take as much as possible. And people underestimate how much a supportive spouse can mean when you are trying to be successful. She drove him to work, encouraged him to start this business, supported him quitting a very well paying job to sell books on the internet, raised his kids, etc. I don't think that's worth several billion dollars but it's not just fucking a billionaire either.

Last edited:

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Again, Mrs. Bezos wasn’t fucking a billionaire 25 years ago. She had 3 kids + adopted a 4th with him, supported him emotionally, probably financially in the early days somewhat. She’s entitled to what he’s gained while they’re married. Plus Bezos is a masochist, he was probably very difficult to be with especially after Amazon became so huge.
When Neil Diamond and his wife divorced back in the 1990s, she received one of the highest divorce settlements of the era (around $150 million). He regarded the support he'd received from her during their 25 years of marriage as "worth every cent".

RadicalCentrist

kiwifarms.net
When Neil Diamond and his wife divorced back in the 1990s, she received one of the highest divorce settlements of the era (around $150 million). He regarded the support he'd received from her during their 25 years of marriage as "worth every cent".
Lol what? She would be "entitled" to that if she spent every day trying to ruin him. The only obligation in a marriage is to divide up the property at the end, the rest is USI.

heathercho

あかんで !
kiwifarms.net
Oh good some random lady is about to become rich for having sex with a dude who accomplished something.

I don't even blame the lady. After a nasty breakup who wouldn't want to steal millions from their ex? I blame the law, this is dumb. If there was some partnership, some agreement, that's one thing, but just being married while someone does something does not entitle you to any of it.

EDIT: And I realize marriage itself is a partnership and an agreement, but not an agreement to share everything and have joint assets.

When people are married they are in a union. Person A helps Person B. Person A may be the breadwinner and Person B assists person A in becoming a better bread winner. They are emotional council, they take care of the things that Person A cannot. When Person A starts a business, Person B isn't going to be like "That's great honey, you do you" and continue on their merry way - Person A's business success affects the entire family unit, Person B is invested in that. Person A is just the conduit to which money and success in business is achieved, Person B sacrifices certain things to make everything happen on their side, as does Person A.

If that means that Person B stays at home and raises kids instead of having their own "career" and they're the emotional council to Person A, because BOTH want children, guess what? That's a part of the union's net assets. Especially when Person A's company was started after the marriage and was contained within the years of "being" a family unit.

I don't even know why I'm explaining this, because anyone with the IQ of a gnat should be able to grasp this concept.

Abortions4All

Free the Mad Bears
kiwifarms.net
The law pretty much does consider it an agreement to share everything and have joint assets, yes. That's a good explanation of what marriage does to property. If you don't like it, it's very easy and cheap to not get married.

The law pretty much does consider it an agreement to share everything and have joint assets, yes. That's a good explanation of what marriage does to property. If you don't like it, it's very easy and cheap to not get married.
Yeah... well you'll notice divorce settlements tend to favor women. And no, marriage does not in any way mean shared assets, there is no requirement to have joint accounts, share a dime of ones money, whatever (I'm not saying that would be a good marriage, just legal).

Like, why is it worth hundreds of millions to raise this dude's kids and drive them to work, but if someone drives their loser husband to his shit job in the coal mines, now raising kids and driving him to work is worth half of nothing?

What if the partner spends that time investing the money and loses it all? Does the spouse get half the debt in a divorce? I should hope not! (Obviously this is different from racking up credit card debt on stupid shit).

I'm not saying a person in that scenario should get nothing, but the assumption that if you were there, you did half the work is ridiculous. Without a signed agreement in the first place naming her as co-owner of amazon, she should be entitled to none of that company. If she wanted part of amazon, she should have been named as part of it.

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
Half of his assets still means he is worth almost $70 billion. I’m sure Bezos and other billionaires may treat their worth like a high score but Amazon isn’t going anywhere, it will only get further entrenched. He has opportunities to rebuild most of what he might lose.

Honestly I doubt she gets half and will fuck off for a few billion.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino