• ”Oh, My Gosh! What the hell has been screwing your mind up? Weed? Basement Loneliness? WTFH is Wrong with You?!”

Amazon boss Jeff Bezos and wife MacKenzie divorceThat's going to be a nasty divorce settlement.

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by CIA Nigger, Jan 9, 2019.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

1. She drove him to work for years (supposedly). They were a family so shared assets is only fare but not just that the last thing we need are to throw women out on the street, penniless if they divorce their spouse.

Not an issue here as she seems to have a career but writing doesn’t make as much as a multi-billion dollar global corporation.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  2. It's not like he's personally earned all that money anyway. Divorce won't make a dent in his lifestyle besides potentially his ability to buy out news media to turn into his mouthpiece.

• Agree Agree x 8
    kiwifarms.net
  3. Both pales in comparison to just fucking a dude that owns a multi-billion corporation.

Notice how Oprah has never married. She's too savvy.

• Autistic Autistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net

4. People have no idea what the actual division of assets is going to be and are already bitching about it. Not everyone resents a former partner getting a share of the assets which were accumulated during a marriage, especially when it's a long one. The assumptions that 1) she's a gold digger and 2) he's going to want to pay her the minimum possible are pretty cynical.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    repentance

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. Oprah pings my gaydar and always has, and I've always though Stedman was her beard.

The only people who knew what happened in the Bezos' marriage are them.

p.s. I am an Amazon 3rd party seller, which is part of the story behind my username. I do quite well at it, too.

• Powerlevel Powerlevel x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  6. Oprah is a lesbian in a relationship with her BFF who never wanted to admit it for fear of ruining her reputation. Not sure why she hasn’t come out today now that it’s socially accepted.

Again, Mrs. Bezos wasn’t fucking a billionaire 25 years ago. She had 3 kids + adopted a 4th with him, supported him emotionally, probably financially in the early days somewhat. She’s entitled to what he’s gained while they’re married. Plus Bezos is a masochist, he was probably very difficult to be with especially after Amazon became so huge.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb and say she doesn't seem like some kind of harpy who will try to take as much as possible. And people underestimate how much a supportive spouse can mean when you are trying to be successful. She drove him to work, encouraged him to start this business, supported him quitting a very well paying job to sell books on the internet, raised his kids, etc. I don't think that's worth several billion dollars but it's not just fucking a billionaire either.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Feels Feels x 1
    #27 melty, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    melty

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. When Neil Diamond and his wife divorced back in the 1990s, she received one of the highest divorce settlements of the era (around $150 million). He regarded the support he'd received from her during their 25 years of marriage as "worth every cent".

• Feels Feels x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    repentance

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. Lol what? She would be "entitled" to that if she spent every day trying to ruin him. The only obligation in a marriage is to divide up the property at the end, the rest is USI.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  10. If I went through labor 3 times I would expect millions from the guy who knocked me up too.
    Although it will be a LOL for feminism if the richest woman in the world popped up out of nowhere after a divorce.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Lysenko

Lysenko Soviet Geneticist

kiwifarms.net

11. When people are married they are in a union. Person A helps Person B. Person A may be the breadwinner and Person B assists person A in becoming a better bread winner. They are emotional council, they take care of the things that Person A cannot. When Person A starts a business, Person B isn't going to be like "That's great honey, you do you" and continue on their merry way - Person A's business success affects the entire family unit, Person B is invested in that. Person A is just the conduit to which money and success in business is achieved, Person B sacrifices certain things to make everything happen on their side, as does Person A.

If that means that Person B stays at home and raises kids instead of having their own "career" and they're the emotional council to Person A, because BOTH want children, guess what? That's a part of the union's net assets. Especially when Person A's company was started after the marriage and was contained within the years of "being" a family unit.

I don't even know why I'm explaining this, because anyone with the IQ of a gnat should be able to grasp this concept.

• Agree  x 7
    • Winner  x 5
    • Like  x 1
    •  x 1
    • Autistic  x 1
    heathercho

heathercho 意地悪女

kiwifarms.net
  12. Can't wait until the judge awards her 10 figures a year because she's grown accustomed to that life.

Remember: Around roasties, never get cozy.

• Autistic Autistic x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  13. Disconnected wealthy people drama is absolutely boring. Why does anyone care?

• Like Like x 2
    GreenJacket

GreenJacket Shitposting A&H since 2018

kiwifarms.net
  14. The law pretty much does consider it an agreement to share everything and have joint assets, yes. That's a good explanation of what marriage does to property. If you don't like it, it's very easy and cheap to not get married.

• Agree Agree x 7
    Abortions4All

Abortions4All Free the Mad Bears

kiwifarms.net
  15. I want insies. Marry me next, Jeff.

TenMilesWide

TenMilesWide It's a communist plot!

kiwifarms.net
  16. Now we get to find out what he's really worth. Amazon isn't very profitable and the stock is overvalued. The vast majority of his net worth is tied up in the stock. It's not like he has that money in the bank.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Wesley Willis

Wesley Willis Rock over London, Burn down Chicago!

kiwifarms.net
  17. It's funny, you can be the man that has everything...but you want more, and then the only thing you can get is a divorce, which is subtractive to the point that you no longer have everything anymore. But you have something you didn't have before.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 8
    The Shadow

The Shadow protecting dogs and shredding tunes for the Duke

kiwifarms.net
  18. Yeah... well you'll notice divorce settlements tend to favor women. And no, marriage does not in any way mean shared assets, there is no requirement to have joint accounts, share a dime of ones money, whatever (I'm not saying that would be a good marriage, just legal).

Like, why is it worth hundreds of millions to raise this dude's kids and drive them to work, but if someone drives their loser husband to his shit job in the coal mines, now raising kids and driving him to work is worth half of nothing?

What if the partner spends that time investing the money and loses it all? Does the spouse get half the debt in a divorce? I should hope not! (Obviously this is different from racking up credit card debt on stupid shit).

I'm not saying a person in that scenario should get nothing, but the assumption that if you were there, you did half the work is ridiculous. Without a signed agreement in the first place naming her as co-owner of amazon, she should be entitled to none of that company. If she wanted part of amazon, she should have been named as part of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  19. Half of his assets still means he is worth almost $70 billion. I’m sure Bezos and other billionaires may treat their worth like a high score but Amazon isn’t going anywhere, it will only get further entrenched. He has opportunities to rebuild most of what he might lose.

Honestly I doubt she gets half and will fuck off for a few billion.

• Agree Agree x 3
    NeoGAF Lurker

NeoGAF Lurker An Niggo

kiwifarms.net
  20. He must have realized it was cheaper to downsize her and replace her with drone delivery and warehouse robots.

• Like Like x 5
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Alec Benson Leary

Alec Benson Leary Creator of Asperchu
    Christorical Figure

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.