Amberlynn Reid and eating disorder communities -

bev

kiwifarms.net
I think it really all depends on the individual. Like there are some people that I genuinely pity and you can tell they're suffering, and others who are definitely doing it to hurt others or garner attention (and I'm sure you thought of people who fit both sides even without me discerning which group I'm talking about). People pity people who went through trauma and chose to feign control over their situations through indulging/restricting food, only for it to then control them once those pathways and behaviors are established in their brains long after the trauma is surpassed (then you have the extreme cases like refeeding syndrome for anorexics or bulimics who literally can't hold down any food anymore). But no one pities the glutton or the attention whore--Amber clearly fits the latter. Every person who capitalizes on their untreated ED on youtube does.

Eating junk food is predominately seen as a self-gratifying activity, so people don't pity the fatties. How many times have you heard someone say something along the lines of, "Oh man I can't live without desserts/cheese/meat/whatever?" That's because restriction sucks and you feel sick if you don't eat enough. A lot of people can't imagine themselves willingly throwing up or wasting money on food they won't get to enjoy. So people project that sentiment onto all anorexic/bulimic people and pity all of them. Then you dig through the minds of some of them and see how some of them are doing it for asspats or to get back at mommy and daddy and you realize that there's a gross underbelly in all groups.

Idk man, the fact that there are even eating disorder communities is concerning as fuck. But it's the glorified circlejerk of sickness on social media that's the most concerning of all. Oh shit, that also reminds me of another bulimic youtuber who does parodies of Amber: Lord Bakington. He doesn't film himself binging, but he constantly talks about being bulimic and not getting help for it. Also that anorexic Hxmber mod: Steph's Manic Shenanigans or something like that who filmed herself in Torrid.

There are so many of them.

Super Book

Dog of bay
kiwifarms.net
It makes sense that Amber is used as a boogeyman for proana forums. The thought process of "if I eat over 300 calories I'll be as fat as her!" is usually used when skeletons talk about deathfats. The real question is if our gorl is aware of her reach in communities she most likely has no idea about.

Strawberry Pocky

If anybody needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome.
kiwifarms.net
IMO.....this thread COULD have potential to be interesting as long as it remained on-topic (everyone just kept it to Hamber, how she influences and/or triggers people with the different kinds of EDs, how her videos fuck around with the algorithm and spit out weird recommendations or why Anas/Bulimics watch her, Hamber LARPing having Binge Eating Disorder and why that's detrimental to the Mental Health Community.....etc etc)

But if discussions get hella off topic and veer off into dumb territory like sperging about Ana-chans being attention whores or bogging ourselves down into 9+ pages of arguing back and forth about the Psychology about EDs and the co-morbidity of Personality Disorders and posting MPA screenshots and shit without even bringing ALR up at all? Nah fam.

I mean....I know BIg Ham has been boring AF recently but people have been really reaching hard for content to talk about. There's a BOOK CLUB thread ffs.

ADHD

kiwifarms.net
But if discussions get hella off topic and veer off into dumb territory like sperging about Ana-chans being attention whores or bogging ourselves down into 9+ pages of arguing back and forth about the Psychology about EDs and the co-morbidity of Personality Disorders and posting MPA screenshots and shit without even bringing ALR up at all? Nah fam.
There's already a thread for that, anyway.

GargoyleGorl

Token SJW
kiwifarms.net
ALR is a cautionary tale even for people without eating disorders. Or personality disorders, for that matter.

Wanna see what your life would be like if you gave in to every selfish, gluttonous impulse and stopped giving a shit about anyone but yourself? Ten minutes of ALR content and you'll be ready to hit the gym and call your mom just to tell her that you love her.

ciggy

can of coke and a ciggy, he'll be right as rain
kiwifarms.net
The concept of a bunch of fatties LARPing as anorexics sounds like lolcow gold, but the secretive nature of these communities makes them pretty dry in terms of mi.lk
There's definitely a lot of miIk in pro-ana/eating disorder circles, but as you say, the secretiveness and cliquey nature makes it difficult to find. I've long wanted to do a thorough write-up on SkinnyGossip, a forum for anachans in denial women who strive to be model-thin and claim it's healthy--I know from lurking there's a shitload of drama and cоntent, but the interesting stuff is sadly locked behind registration.

On Topic: Anorexics love stuff like that--mukbangs, my 600-lb life, fat people videos and the like. Funny, I've seen both anorexics/bulimics and small-scale fatties discuss using Amberlynn for weightloss motivation, but never normal every day people.

Clop

kiwifarms.net
On Topic: Anorexics love stuff like that--mukbangs, my 600-lb life, fat people videos and the like. Funny, I've seen both anorexics/bulimics and small-scale fatties discuss using Amberlynn for weightloss motivation, but never normal every day people.
Why would normal every day people need motivation to lose weight? If "small-scale fatties" fall outside of that crowd then obviously the normies are just a bunch of people with their lifestyle in order.

• Agree
Reactions: GargoyleGorl

raritycat

kiwifarms.net
edamber1.png

On the topic of Amberlynn influencing Youtube algorithms, one the the top skeleton memes manages to include her as well as the British show about forcing other skeletons to eat like fatties and making the fatties starve for three days. She's like Youtube's perfect like cash cow hidden away in a dark corner. The largest demographic that watches her videos tends to be the one that won't install an adblocker meaning each ad generates revenue. She's never really going to risk having action taken against her by the Google because they don't actually give a shit as long as she does what Youtubers are supposed to (even the videos where she says fuck are monetized, unlike popular "family friendly" Youtubers).

At this point, Youtube doesn't even need to do anything to associate her with other content; the ED viewers spread her name enough in their own online communities to bring in new viewers.

Attachments

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino