Amberlynn Reid Boycott 04/09 -

killuminati

The 700 lb Theory
kiwifarms.net
It's dumb to expect a community "boycott" to have some kind of significant financial impact on someone that isn't an e-beggar (especially assuming that impact would be an immediate one).

You should be doing it because it clearly bothers her, and the resulting meltdown is going to bring us the quality content we've been waiting for. :story:

Damaged Goods

Harvard's vegan propaganda
kiwifarms.net
Ok, so this is my attempt to make sense of this latest insanity.

1. A well-meaning AL follower who doesn't know how youtube works calls for a boycott and urges everyone to unsub because AL is killing herself on camera.
  2. More popular channels such as HXMBER pick this up and news spreads.
  3. Coincidentally, AL is right in the middle of the "I'm keeping my weight loss journey private, that'll show the haydurs!!!1" phase of her cycle.
  4. People who can't stand how smug/cunty AL is acting in her latest videos see all the comments about the boycott and join the exodus.
  5. Thousands of people are unsubbing due to a misguided sense of moral responsibility, dissatisfaction with our gorl's insufferable attitude, and sheep mentality.
  6. AL is frantically doing damage control, not knowing the extent of the phenomenon.

How did I do?

AbraCadaver

Member of the SUIT YOURSELF Army
kiwifarms.net
Incidentally, AdBlock is not blocking ads on Social Blade, for some reason.

Here is the ad I keep getting...

View attachment 715168

If they knew how badly they have mistargeted me, they'd blush... Guess they're logging keystrokes now or something...
The fuck is up with the knickers, woah yes I want to sit on half a strip of undies and a tight web of strings while I work, thank you very much!

EmpressOfLucite

kiwifarms.net
Ok, so this is my attempt to make sense of this latest insanity.

1. A well-meaning AL follower who doesn't know how youtube works calls for a boycott and urges everyone to unsub because AL is killing herself on camera.
  2. More popular channels such as HXMBER pick this up and news spreads.
  3. Coincidentally, AL is right in the middle of the "I'm keeping my weight loss journey private, that'll show the haydurs!!!1" phase of her cycle.
  4. People who can't stand how smug/cunty AL is acting in her latest videos see all the comments about the boycott and join the exodus.
  5. Thousands of people are unsubbing due to a misguided sense of moral responsibility, dissatisfaction with our gorl's insufferable attitude, and sheep mentality.
  6. AL is frantically doing damage control, not knowing the extent of the phenomenon.
How did I do?
Spot on! This situation is such a perfect storm - murmurs of a unsubbing "protest" combined with Amber being in the cunt portion of her cycle pushed all the casual viewers over the edge. She inadvertently created an online movement, something youtube idiots LOVE to get behind. I've been expecting this to happen for a long time now to be honest, and the only potential positive to come out of this is her manic meltdown! :biggrin:

Gorlax

kiwifarms.net
Spot on! This situation is such a perfect storm - murmurs of a unsubbing "protest" combined with Amber being in the cunt portion of her cycle pushed all the casual viewers over the edge. She inadvertently created an online movement, something youtube idiots LOVE to get behind. I've been expecting this to happen for a long time now to be honest, and the only potential positive to come out of this is her manic meltdown! :biggrin:
I love to be the party pooper but I don't think other than her "apology" video this is going to go anywhere. According to her social media, Amber has a bunch of boring vlogs stored up for us and she's gonna release them whether her sub count is 122k or 12k. I think she's going to go the shady youtuber route of "if I start pretending nothing happened then everything will go back to normal". Which, unfortunately, has been shown to work. She may be a dumb landwhale, but I think she at least knows she's not gonna win this fight and she's certainly not going to give a real apology so she'll just keep vlogging like normal.
I don't know though. That's just the impression I get from her unfazed attitude on social media. Maybe she will give us a fake breakdown, I'm certainly praying for it.

Optavia Sales Rep

kiwifarms.net
Exactly, how is the boycott supposed to reach anyone besides her hardcore haydurs and the facebook gal-pal group?

Her casual YT viewers aren't going to easily find it unless they're already connected to one of the two mentioned groups.
Well, the unsub total is closing in on -9000, with most of them being from casuals.

So I guess I'm having crow for dinner tonight.

Captain Ahab

kiwifarms.net
It doesn’t matter whether it will affect her in the long run. There are more than enough people eager to watch a hambeast kill herself with food to make up for the subscriber loss. What truly matters is that our gorl probably ate through four Arby’s worth of her feelings. She can ignore comments and dislikes but she can’t ignore losing 5-10% of her subs. Fatty Boom Boom is reeeeeeeing and binging.

ThatGayElfFromDragonAge

Meh
kiwifarms.net
Fewer subs ultimately means less visibility. While an exodus of 8k subs doesnt immediately impact her income it may help in the long run. Al and chantal thrive on their ability to con new viewers as they quickly reveal their true colors to the rest of them. Less visibilty means less opportunities to rope in the ignorant newbies.

Eta. Granted it requires a sustained effort and that is pretty unlikely. Shes too morbidly fascinating.

Keyboard Warrior

kiwifarms.net
I love to be the party pooper but I don't think other than her "apology" video this is going to go anywhere. According to her social media, Amber has a bunch of boring vlogs stored up for us and she's gonna release them whether her sub count is 122k or 12k. I think she's going to go the shady youtuber route of "if I start pretending nothing happened then everything will go back to normal". Which, unfortunately, has been shown to work. She may be a dumb landwhale, but I think she at least knows she's not gonna win this fight and she's certainly not going to give a real apology so she'll just keep vlogging like normal.
I don't know though. That's just the impression I get from her unfazed attitude on social media. Maybe she will give us a fake breakdown, I'm certainly praying for it.
Just curious: when has this strategy proven successful on Youtube? I would think most people would only double down on their efforts if they feel that someone is insulting their intelligence by pretending nothing's wrong. Rewired Soul and Veronica Wang come to mind. There are consequences for youtubers that try to control the narrative by disabling comments, deleting comments, posting half-ass apologies, "Reflecting" and then going back to business as usual. But maybe these are isolated cases. I think ALR may continue to have the views because people are curious, but she'll never have the respect.

Dutch Courage

Curious Onlooker
kiwifarms.net

She is only 626 shy of 10,000 lost subscriptions. I have gotta say, I did not see this coming, and I am pretty amazed.

Clearly, she did not see it coming, either.

Some additional numbers to put this more into perspective:

Prior to this week, the worst single day for subscriptions she ever had was a loss of 42 on May 22, 2017. Never before has she lost three digits in a day or a week, let alone five digits. So, this is new for all of us, heheh.

This current haircut has sent her subscriber count back to where it was on Feb, 16, 2019. So, about seven weeks' worth of subscriber growth has been erased. This still puts her ahead of where she was on January 1, 2019, when she had 99,000 subscribers. She experienced her most rapid growth in subscribers ever from January 1 to April 1, increasing her total by 30%.

The current loss represents a 7.3% loss in subscribers. That really is a lot, and there is no indication it is stopping soon...

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino